Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:52 PM   #1

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Air leveling ?

Had to go out of town for five days for testing on the DW for a liver transplant. Left the rig beside the house on shore power. Came back and found that the rear suspension was up as high as it would go. Have left it the same way for several months and this has never happened before.
Why would it go to full height on the rear? The front was already at full height due to the slope of the ground it's on and the engine wasn't started and, as far as I know, the auto level wasn't on.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2015, 09:34 AM   #2

mr d, the only thing i can think of is a faulty rear air valve. hope somebody with more experience can chime in.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:28 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
That's all I could think of too but why would it do it without the engine being run and the leveling control shut off?
I've releveled it and it's still sitting level since Thursday afternoon.
Just doesn't make sense.
But I've also noticed that it sometimes seems to be too high in the rear if I leave it idling when we check into a campground too.
Right now it's kind of bedded down for the winter and taking care of the DW's liver cancer and the bills are coming in on that so might be a while before I can have it looked at.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #4

Pull fuse for aux compressor used for leveler so it stays idle.

Maybe controller has issue false running compressor.

You have more important things to worry about now but pulling fuse should stop problem for now.

Make note and place on steering wheel...
Old 11-22-2015, 12:36 PM   #5
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
That's all I could think of too but why would it do it without the engine being run and the leveling control shut off?
I've releveled it and it's still sitting level since Thursday afternoon.
Just doesn't make sense.
But I've also noticed that it sometimes seems to be too high in the rear if I leave it idling when we check into a campground too.
Right now it's kind of bedded down for the winter and taking care of the DW's liver cancer and the bills are coming in on that so might be a while before I can have it looked at.
Could it be the Ride Height that needs adjusting? Mine was low in the front by about 1.5" and it was the Ride Height that needed adjustment.
Also, after you level it, I'm pretty sure you need to leave the key in the ignition, not turned on obviously.
Please post when you find out.
All the Best!
Old 11-22-2015, 02:20 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just took a look at it out the back door. Rear is still all the way down as it should be and it's held steady since Thursday. I'll keep watching it though. I'll remember the fuse too.
Going to get cold weather next week so I need to be sure the electricity stays on. I seem to have some bad 50/30 adapters that loosen up over time and come apart.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
You have more important things to worry about now but pulling fuse should stop problem for now.
True
MRI done on DW last week shows one tumor gone, second one is getting smaller after chemo. BUT they discovered two more that need chemo. These last two came up in two months from very small to large enough to be a threat. That is not good!
Old 11-26-2015, 09:12 PM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Rig is still sitting as it should, so still no idea what happened. I'll keep watching it I guess. Not going anywhere for a while anyway.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #9

Best wishes for your wife. Hang in there!
lincoln20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:26 PM   #10

I am having the same problem, right now the rear bags are stretched to the limit on my Concept. Since we are wintering Snowbirds , I have to reset the leveling panel about every week or so. Once you are on automatic , electronics take over and do their thing. I hear the compressor come on and off for 30 min. Or so , untill the coach is level . Sometimes the rear is jacked high in the air with no change in front bags. Other times the leveling is equalized as it should be. What bothers me the most is the right front is lower while underway. I do know the system is designed to correct itself after 30 min and monitor itself over longer periods, but , in my case it has a mood of its own , or , I am not setting the panel correctly . I have seen the same irregular leveling on Prevost coaches too.
Old 12-25-2015, 04:56 PM   #11

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Took ours out last weekend to fill the fuel tank. It was level before I left and now, a week later, it's still level. Guess I'll keep watching it for now.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:21 AM   #12

If your air leveling is HWH, you might look at the valve seats on the internal plungers for the raise and travel solenoids on the six pack manifold.

We had a similar issue on our Foretravel, but one side was more noticeable than the other. One of our raise solenoids was leaking through and it turned out to be debris on the valve seat.

If you are working on the air system, PLEASE be safe. You'll need to block and chock the coach before dumping air and getting underneath to access the manifolds and solenoids.

Michelle

spuds is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling