Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
Alarm system

Have a 2002 allure I bought a year ago. Here is what leads me to believe there's some sort of alarm system in the coach that I'd like to see working.
1. Key fob, alarm style
2. Magnetic connectors on entry door screen.
3. Siren under the drivers seat, red wire is cut.

Any suggestions from anyone in this alarm?

swjtlongdriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
Country Coach Owners Club
My alarm switch is under the driver side dash. Stay/Away/Off switch selection. Motion detector is mounted at the floor center of the dash.

There also is a tiny red light mounted near the exterior grab handle that indicates status of alarm.

Yours may be different since it is more modern.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
At least you got the key fob. I don't have that and I don't know where the control box is so if I could buy a new key fob, I couldn't program it until I found the box. I just pulled the fuse to make sure it wouldn't go off. I didn't get any documentation for mine anyway.
Pete - Full Timing
2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Hi everyone,

Just what I know about my alarm.

My alarm switch is under the driver side dash. Motion detector is mounted at the floor center of the dash. The alarm electronics box itself is mounted behind the driver side dash, up near the speedometer.
It has a small red push button switch on a long 2 wires that is used to program and check the alarm. Mine is a Gargoyle car alarm. Gargoyle line of alarms was a division of Crimestopper alarms. It appears they are no longer supporting those pieces so finding a manual will be difficult at best. You could give them a call at 800.998.6880 and see if they would be willing to send you a manual, or see what they might have left over?
I have a fob, but the alarm system is not currently in service. I always mean to work on it, but seldom actually do. As a point of interest, my is connected to every pin switch on every lower compartment door including the engine and generator slide out. So if any of those pin switches are no good, it will never work anyway.

01 Country Coach Affinity 42 Enclave Toad
Lilly the Raschon and Lulu the Terrier.
Bigbluedog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
As an additional note, our alarm system has always worked, as long as the pin switches are working.

But we have not used the alarm since we had it on in storage early in our ownership and the house battery discharged. The alarm sounds when the battery gets low and drove people nearby crazy for awhile.

Also, if one party wants to exit the rig while the other is sleeping, turning off the alarm results in two loud beeps which wakes the sleeping party. So no alarm for us.

That leaves setting the alarm while rig is in use but no-one home. This would not be real good in an RV park if it alerts for no good reason.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
Our alarm went off six weeks ago at night in a campground. For no reason. The tent campers around us were not amused. This is especially the case as this was the first time it had gone off and I did not recognize the sound of it. So after five minutes someone knocked on the door.

We were just at Country Coach Corp three weeks ago and if you call them and give them your coach number they can get you a new key fob.
B Bob
Country Coach 42' Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #7
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I like the P,K-9 system

Burgler breaks into home and is loading the family silver into the bag when he hears a voice softly intone "Jesus is watching you"

He freezes.. then hearing nothing further slowly looks around, sees nothing and goes back to work.. Again he hears that same voice/phrase and again he stops, looks around and sees and hears nothing.. The third time he spots the bird saying "Jesus is watching you"

He says "So what, you are just a dumb bird in that cage, What can you do?"

The bird replys: Oh, but I'm not Jesus, I'm Moses, and Jesus is watchiing you.

You see.. I think burglar alarms should make the burglar ALARMED not disturb the neighbors.

Burgler: So what birdbrain, and what kind of idiot names his bird Moses anyway?

Bird: The same kind that names his Rottweiler Jesus, and Jesus is watching you.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote