Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2018, 02:28 PM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Driver View Post
Thanks for the replies. My wife and I have decided to purchase the 1991 Concept. Mechanics are good with Cat engine and Allison transmission. Tires and batteries are new, body in good shape. Mauve carpet will go and it needs water heater and new sofa and chairs. This one has a washer/dryer combo. Look forward to owning and possibly seeing you on the road. Hope to pick it up in July.

Love it! And congratulations! I thought the ‘91 would still have the 92 Series Detroit Diesel. Which Cat motor does it have? I would assume you Allison is the 6 speed which is great. Mine has the 4 speed Allison and that would be my only complaint about the coach. The 6 speed would be much better on the grades.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2018, 05:11 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Sounds odd I know .. I just cant remember if it was a CAT 6 or 8 and it does not have the 6 speed. Had the 6 in my last motor home and that's on most of the motor coaches I drive. There was so much to go over and examine in a short time. It has had 2 owners and has 125,000 on it. New tires, batteries and one new air underneath (has 2). Needs a water heater and Im not sure if it is equipped to heat water off the engine when running. The inverter was removed and it may need a fridge also. The engine, transmission, brakes were all recently checked over and fluids, belts and filters changed. My wife is jealous. She now wishes we had a tub!
Coach Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:54 PM   #31

lol my wife loves the tub as do I. You got yourself a great coach there. They are a dream to drive . The thing I like most of this vintage is that there are no computer boards to blame the troubles on. Correction , if it has HWH level system like mine it has one for that. Everything is very simple to work on with no real special tools required. I assume you have over the road hot water. Just run it for awhile and turn on the hot water tap and see. I still don't understand everything about mine yet. It takes time but its fun learning as you go. Have fun and hope to see you on the road someday. Was this Jeff's coach ?
Bootjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:34 PM   #32

Bootjack- I couldn’t agree more. Love our Concept, probably too much. By the way. There is another set of computer boards for the monitoring systems AKA “the talking lady” as Cntrylife calls her.

I don’t think the jacuzzi tub was an option but likely a custom request by the original owner to Country Coach. I have the original sales brochures for the Concepts somewhere. I’ll post them when I remember where I saved them.

I’ve been through pretty much every single system on my Concept (including an in-frame engine overhaul unfortunately) so ask away guys and I’ll try to provide any helpful info I can.

Coach Driver- If it has the original water heater it will be a 10 gallon heated via three methods; LPG, AC or “over the road” using engine cooling circulating through a heat exchanger. Hopefully you had a knowledgeable shop check out the engine and transmission. I did not and that came back to bite me big time. I would love to know what basement AC unit was installed to replace the original. My living room AC is not working. Regarding the refrigerator, don’t give up on the original too readily unless you are set on switching to a residential unit. Mine wasn’t working and all it needed was an upgraded circuit board and it has worked great ever since. I also replaced the ice maker in my freezer. Overall, far cheaper than a new refrigerator.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:55 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Yes it has the leveling system. When I get it I will be able to determine more on the fridge. If I get it cooling or it can be repaired that will be good for now. After reading and researching if it needs replacing I will probably go residential if I can fit it in. It never had roof airs both are in a bay, one in back in one up front. They cooled very well. Generator up front. All the paper work is inside with manuals and receipts for work. With add ons it came to $457,000 suggested sales price when new. Marble floors in kitchen and bath, all oak trim and carpet in front. It has a corian counter bar like for table and a desk. One awning off but packed underneath, it appears to have caught a limb or something and pulled it loose. Has the diesel fired heat like aqua hot in addition to heat pumps. Wife and I are discussing whether to put in new commercial carpet or hardwood. It will be a fun project. I want it ready for the road and then things like sofa and chairs. Doesnt have an oven which seems a bit odd to me. My previous two had ovens.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:05 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
If I were replacing air I would consider/investigate a mini split system.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:23 PM   #35

CC made two leveling system configurations available for the Concept. One is hydraulic jacks only and then there was an option to have air leveling in addition to hydraulic. Mine happens to have both.

My Concept also have the two basement AC units which was another upgrade option over roof mounted units. Unfortunately, the basement units were made by CruiseAir which is long gone. I would love to know what replacement unit was installed in your coach. Run your AC units for at least a few hours to make sure they don’t ice up which can cause significant damage to the units.

Make sure water can’t find it way in where your awning was removed before you have a chance to reinstall.

Marble was another upgrade option over standard tile flooring. All my carpet has been replaced with laminate flooring. It’s a huge improvement over carpet and so much easier to keep clean.

The Webasto diesel fired hydronic heating system is fantastic and more than adequate. I had to do a tune up on mine this past winter. It was a messy job, in part, because it looked like it had never been done before.

The microwave over the range should also be a convection oven. Not too difficult to replace if you want a more modern convection oven. Ours is not original and works well for baking, etc.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:29 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Driver View Post
If I were replacing air I would consider/investigate a mini split system.

Mine also has a mini-split already which was installed by the PO. I will most likely remove it. It can’t be used while driving as the condenser fan is in the basement storage compartment and doesn’t get air circulation unless the compartment door is at least part way open. It also takes up some of the basement storage area though that is not as big of a deal. The hydronic heating works much better than the heat pump side of the mini-split. Diesel consumption is surprisingly low for the Webasto.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:46 PM   #37

Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I think the levelers are just hydraulic and it levels by hitting one button. The mounting holes are sealed up for now. The microwave/convection was replaced with just a microwave. My wife will eventually want a convection. I can tell you more about the airs when I go back to get it. Last time when I was there I hooked it up to 50 amps and ran the airs all night and they worked great. The tvs are still old style.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1991 Concept kitchen.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	205151   Click image for larger version

Name:	1991 CC Concept bath.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	205152  

Old 05-31-2018, 07:53 PM   #38

If it has air and hydraulic leveling then there will be a button for AIR leveling (not the air DUMP button) right next to the HYD button in the HWH panel.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:07 PM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Great. I will look for it. Hope to fly to get it in July.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:17 PM   #40

What state is it in?
Old 05-31-2018, 08:43 PM   #41

Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Florida