Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2018, 09:13 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakebd View Post
Do you know who did the slide? Any idea what it costs? Do you think it was worth it?
I don't know who did the slide or what it cost to have it done. I've seen a few places online that can add a slide out. I really like having the slide, I feel like it really adds so much space when it is out. Especially when we are using the couch for a bed for our 13yo son. The slide is about 12' and has the couch and dining table in it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2018, 11:08 AM   #58

Country Coach Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I read on a bus conversion site adding a slide is about $1000 to $1400 per liner foot.
Coach Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:01 PM   #59

Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
air in Bay

Pics of roof air in bay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC air intake vent.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	206166   Click image for larger version

Name:	CC AC in bay.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	206167  

Name:	CC exhaust duct 2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	293.2 KB
ID:	206168   Click image for larger version

Name:	CC exhaust duct.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	206169  

Old 06-17-2018, 01:56 PM   #60

What engine oil is reccomended for an DD 8v92
spullon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 03:00 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by spullon View Post
What engine oil is reccomended for an DD 8v92

Specifically Detroit SAE 40 or Chevron Delo 100 SAE 40. I order the five gallon containers of the Chevron Delo 100 SAE 40 online as our local distributor is no longer carrying Chevron products for some reason.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:35 AM   #62

Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Wife and I are excited as plans have now come together to go to Florida next weekend (July 22) to pick up our new to us 91 CC Concept and re enter the RV world after 22 years of non rving. We have been discussing a few possible trips but look forward to the discovery period as we drive it from S Florida back to NC. Sure we will have questions after the initial journey. When I get it home I will start the first phase or restoration with a water heater (it was removed), inverter (also removed) and removing the mauve carpet.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:04 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Driver View Post
Wife and I are excited as plans have now come together to go to Florida next weekend (July 22) to pick up our new to us 91 CC Concept and re enter the RV world after 22 years of non rving. We have been discussing a few possible trips but look forward to the discovery period as we drive it from S Florida back to NC. Sure we will have questions after the initial journey. When I get it home I will start the first phase or restoration with a water heater (it was removed), inverter (also removed) and removing the mauve carpet.

Gotta love the mauve.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #64

Water heater is pretty easy. I have done mine and I got a brand new one on ebay for 300 or so but that was a great deal.
10 with electric,gas and engine heat which is nice because the water is always hot when you stop.
Inside the bathroom cabinet there is a build sheet for your coach that will tell the manufacturer of all the OEM stuff and it was and is usually the best. People always talk about upgrades but for many things I came to realize the original lasted 28 years, i think that is a solid lifespan so i am tempted to upgrade but usually don't. Do delete all the rope lights and add led. Also there are enough exterior lights to illuminate a landing strip so chasing all those is fun. You have my number and I think rps so reach out if you need anything.
One quick note, be careful who you let fiddle with the coach, most service centers don't understand cc and its sophistication and can do more harm than good. Especially on the concept which was way advanced for it's time. For instance an ohm reading from your fuel sender turns on the low fuel light but also spanks up the talking lady. Sounds simple it it is controlled by a super fragile and irreplaceable little circuit board under the steps and if you don't know you will spend hours looking for a "short". Like me
cntrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:04 PM   #65

Hi -
I will be retiring soon and plan to buy a coach and ramp up to full timing.

Just saw a 98 Concept with DD 60 500hp for sale. Never heard of Concept before, and would appreciate any advice, thoughts, cautions.
Especially concerned about service for DD motor... Should I be?

Are there any systems on tubes coaches that warrant special attention?

All thoughts and advice are welcome.

Ken
Schake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:39 PM   #66

No worries on the concept at all, the dd is basically indestructible and there are plenty of dd shops to help you.
The coach was wildly overengineered for the time or now plus all steel construction makes it a tank but it still gets decent mpg with little to go wrong in the electronics compartment.
Look for tires, batteries and just general upkeep.
They don't like to sit for long periods.
No slides but if you can live with that or add one it's a ton of coach for the money and a classy looking rig with the polished metal
Old 07-14-2018, 05:26 AM   #67

Thanks. Was hoping to hear that.
Do you know if they can easily accept solar panels and associated electronics, batteries?
Schake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:50 PM   #68

Yep, electricity is electricity it never cares. Just need to hook it up
Old 07-14-2018, 03:46 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schake View Post
Thanks. Was hoping to hear that.
Do you know if they can easily accept solar panels and associated electronics, batteries?

Yes, my 95 has solar.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	39F2F94F-362C-478D-8945-26ED58360385.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	210961  
Wakebd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:08 PM   #70

Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thanks for encouraging words and advice. When I get it home I will have questions and look to all of you for some answers. Every day that passes we get more excited to go get it.