Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:35 AM   #1

Any idea when and or if production will resume?

Just kicking ideas around for a DP in a few years and wondering if any info is out there about Winnebago building CCs again.

HarleyOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyOutlaw View Post
Just kicking ideas around for a DP in a few years and wondering if any info is out there about Winnebago building CCs again.
HarleyOutlaw
I suggest you contact Winnebago Industries and ask.
Contact Winnebago Industries | Call, Mail, or Visit Winnebago
Mel
'96 Safari

Old 07-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #3

I just sent a question through the CC web site. WE'll see what they say.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:26 PM   #4

Winnebago has stated they were moving their diesel products to the old CC plant. We were there a month ago and nothing going on from what we could see by driving around the plant. From what I have read there current diesel products will be the first to use the plant and after that then they would start looking at CC coming back. It sounds like 2 or 3 years before CC would have coaches for sale.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:14 PM   #5

We where there the end of May and ran into the Winnebago guy (plant manager?) he said they where building 2 prototypes. Will be back in Junction city next week, will poke my nose around and see what I can find out.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:19 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
IMO if WGO wants to maintain the CC market presence they will have to produce something in the near future. It will have to be a quality product in line with the previous CC brand. One or two top quality models and then ramp up production.

Someone said they were planning on moving the long WGO models to the CC plant and leaving the shorter ones at the current location. Moves of this magnitude do not happen overnight.

It would be really neat to be on the transition team.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:23 PM   #7

Well, I'll keep an eye on this. I'm certainly not in a hurry. Life is helping with that by throwing obstacles my way just when I think I have a plan in place. LOL

If I see anything at the Hershey RV show I'll pass it along.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:24 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
The plant manager from Winnie in Junction City came and talked to our CC club at the Albany FMCA rally. He said it would probably be sometime in 2018! They are going to concentrate on 45 footers. A lady in the club told him that they should re think that.

He did say that it would be a Country Coach and not a re branded Winnie and it would have the DynoMax chassis.

That was a couple of weeks ago, things will most likely change
Old 07-09-2016, 09:12 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
45' only?..... interesting. I would agree that it seems many folks are interested in shorter coaches.

In another thread there was a discussion about why Newmar did not build their own chassis. Reasons given were too expensive, better to use either FL or Spartan. Sounds like WGO plans to continue with the Dynomax. Obviously Ron Lee saved the jigs for that since his 2016 prototype was on the Dynomax. Since they have retained the ability to build that chassis and the engineering has already been done, it would seem prudent to use it if they really want to distinguish any future CC's from competitors who use FL or Spartan.

We will be in Eugene in October and I also plan to nose around. Wonder if WGO will let you wander the facility and be nosey??
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:19 PM   #10

45'? Wow, thats crazy. Need to prepare my 02 36' for the long haul. There are no shorter diesel pusher's with a nice ride like the dynomax on the market today.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:25 PM   #11

I don't know what the big deal with 45' is, that's actually the length I would prefer. different strokes I guess
Old 07-09-2016, 09:18 PM   #12

Sorry, should have been more clear. Bringing the CC brand back at that length is a pretty big gamble. Agree, we all have our own preferences, but any dealership that sells a lot of CC will tell you that the smaller units go quickly.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:07 PM   #13

Back in the day when Bob Lee was there, at a company rally, he was asked about building shorter coaches because "us" old people want a nice coach but want to down size. His comment was that the company should think about that. Also there were requests for a mid entry coach. That never happened either.

After Bob was gone, a friend of mine, again at a company rally, told one of the Howard brothers that he would pay list price for a 36 foot Magna.. At that time that would have been in the 600K range. The stupid Howard told him that CC would not build a 36 because they didn't make enough money on short coaches. Now, is that a good business plan or what? My friend went out and bought a Foretravel in 36'

At the final end, the only coaches on the assembly line were Verandas. Looks like a planned company demise to me.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:27 PM   #14

If WGO is planning to bring back the CC line then 45' would seem to be the length they prefer for a premium coach. Maybe they're only looking at a select market.
I've been thinking about going from my 43' to a 45'.