Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Any thoughts now that Winnebago has bought the rights to Country Coach

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2015, 09:41 PM   #2

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Nickels View Post
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
I can't imagine Winnebago building a Country Coach motorhome that has the quality of a "real" Country Coach. I'm disappointed that Ron Lee couldn't revive the brand.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:52 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Several other threads going on that go into this.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:52 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I do not think there is enough information at this point to make any value decisions on the CC brand.

It is apparent that the original owner is unable to make the required financial arrangements to continue production. There are many reasons that this has happened and the next owner will be making decisions to continue the brand.

It will mean that one or more of three things will happen:
1)The volume must go up,
2) the price must go up,
3) construction input costs must go down.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryCoachRV View Post
I can't imagine Winnebago building a Country Coach motorhome that has the quality of a "real" Country Coach. I'm disappointed that Ron Lee couldn't revive the brand.
Same here
Old 12-03-2015, 10:34 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If the prices go up they'll be into the Foretravel ih-45 rangel as our '09 sticker was higher than the new Realm is now.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:08 PM   #7

In the last few years Winnebago has introduced some very innovative RVs. I am sure that when they revamp the Country Coach line some of those will be included to update the new CC's.

Did VW's buying Porsche cheapen Porsche? I think not.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:53 AM   #8

Same with Rolls Royce....

If the brand is properly maintained value can be added by better sourcing to reduce the input costs to allow for reduced cost to produce while not reducing quality a bit as same materials and process but better cost due to larger buys.

But chances of combining management to make lesser overhead costs could allow different build quality so it will be interesting to watch.

The how it is made show on cable showing the wbgo build of some unit was scary cutting and extending the frame and slapping the walls on...

Seems like the frame could have been sourced to correct length and slap on walls not too sturdy...That type of process should never be considered for anything with a "CC" in it.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:59 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
There are a couple things that come to mind.

If you spend more money than you make you will go broke.

The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over hoping for a different outcome.

IMO the acquisition by WBGO is not a bad thing. As mentioned sourcing parts will be enhanced. The work staff will likely remain the same. While at the WBGO factory tour I had the chance to speak with several employees. They seemed to be happy.

The other option could be to have Marcus Leonis as the new owner/manager!!! Then the future of CC would be determined.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:59 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Way too early to tell. They could just put CC emblems on a Grand Tour and call it done or they could do like Jayco did with Entegra or anything in between. For the most part, the market will determine what they do.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:12 PM   #11
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
If the prices go up they'll be into the Foretravel ih-45 rangel as our '09 sticker was higher than the new Realm is now.
That is also true on my 08 Affinity.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Winnebago in the last year or so has realized that there is a market for higher end MH's when they introduced the Ellipse Ultra, and the Grand Tour. From what I've read of the purchase it looks like WBO is going to keep the Country Coach line and move it to the property next door that they have also purchased and keep the line as a stand along company owned by WBO.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:47 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
This is all about the upturn in the RV industry and Winnebago needing more production capacity. There is a shortage of workers in the Forest City area so expanding their campus there was not a good option. Buying finished buildings and staff with experience building DPs was a fast way to add capacity.

The Winnebago press release made it sound like this is all about Winnebago being able to build more product fast, not about adding Country Coach as another Winnebago brand. I could certainly see the Country Coach prototype becoming another model in the Winnebago line, perhaps above the Grand Tour since many posters seem to think the Grand Tour is not nice enough and expensive enough for them.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:22 PM   #14

i say give it time. In this world it's difficult for small manufacturers to make it on their own. Being part of a larger company often times is the only way for a company to survive especially a company that has a small niche market. Doing this they are able to get better prices on pretty much everything. These RV's are well above my pay grade thus not a clue

In regards to VW and Porsche.... They have been sharing parts since the 70's... Probably before that.... I would say a better example would be Ferrari.

Tags
winnebago