Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2016, 07:20 PM   #43

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Susan has said no, however considering her background I am sure she has a stake in the enterprise. The other thing I wondered was who owned all the out buildings...never got a clear answer on that. More than once I saw CC people entering one of the " storage buildings " . There is always the question if the new property owners will have any effect on the Premier operation.
According the Gary and Louie Premier owned or was buying everything, including the outbuildings on the part of the site they occupy. Not sure if there was a fence there but I think there is. They might have rented some of them back to the old CC though. I know some of them were storage for rigs.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2016, 06:13 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
According the Gary and Louie Premier owned or was buying everything, including the outbuildings on the part of the site they occupy. Not sure if there was a fence there but I think there is. They might have rented some of them back to the old CC though. I know some of them were storage for rigs.
Yes there is a fence, I know for sure walking my dog every morning.its really none of our business , but who has title to the land actually owns the place. There is a complete model build of my Concept in the CC main office , about 4 foot long. I wonder who owns that now?
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:47 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
Winnebago bought a number of large buildings and 4 paint booths that a full size class A can be painted in. They will have to start from scratch to build a country coach. The jigs, forms, and the people who built those coaches have been scattered to the winds. What you see come out of Cc/win will a Winnebago with a CC sticker on it.

You say Winnie bought " a number of large buildings and 4 paint booths. Are these new pre fab units to be put together or existing buildings on or near the complex ?
Old 04-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #46

is 2stoker out there --he knows generators
speechteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:07 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsponsford View Post
I requested the chassis build sheet about a month ago from Gillig for my 1990 CC Concept and they emailed it to me right away. Did CC have a separate build sheet for the "house" component other than the paper list in the bathroom cabinet?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
I emailed Gillig yesterday and asked for my build sheet, we will see..........
Old 04-13-2016, 08:13 AM   #48

Quote:
I emailed Gillig yesterday and asked for my build sheet, we will see..........

Gregg at CC/Wini just emailed me yesterday morning and said their old CC server is down and they are waiting on computer parts before they can access the build sheets. Could be a couple months he said.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:44 AM   #49

In recent conversations with original CC guys who are now back at CC they tell me the Winnebago acquisition (or merger or whatever it was) is good news for them. Now when they want something for the shop, or throw some parts into inventory they can just go buy it whereas previously they were always short of capital. There are enough original CC guys still working there that I can get a question about my 2000 Magna answered just over the phone.

I was looking for a replacement hinge for the entry door and they had it in stock and they could even get me an entire door if I need it.

I've never been a fan of Winnebago products but I am becoming a fan of their investment in CC from what I've seen so far.

Fred
2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Fredward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:07 PM   #50

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
In recent conversations with original CC guys who are now back at CC they tell me the Winnebago acquisition (or merger or whatever it was) is good news for them. Now when they want something for the shop, or throw some parts into inventory they can just go buy it whereas previously they were always short of capital. There are enough original CC guys still working there that I can get a question about my 2000 Magna answered just over the phone.

I was looking for a replacement hinge for the entry door and they had it in stock and they could even get me an entire door if I need it.

I've never been a fan of Winnebago products but I am becoming a fan of their investment in CC from what I've seen so far.

Fred
Hoping they can hire back enough of the old, seasoned workers and make it a viable operation and keep the original quality. Not sure about the DynoMax chassis continuing though.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:52 PM   #51

I wonder if that is the case will it up the value and demand for the original CC with the Dynomax
Affinityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsponsford View Post
Gregg at CC/Wini just emailed me yesterday morning and said their old CC server is down and they are waiting on computer parts before they can access the build sheets. Could be a couple months he said.
Thats what I learned as well. I hope the server is back up soon
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:38 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredward View Post

Fred
I have been worried about parts and service too. Yesterday my tech. Told me he was sending 20 printed circuit boards to CC for repair and or testing. He was not aware Winnie took over the operation. I told him to call first....he did not call me back , so I assume CC said OK. It would be a disaster if those of us that have older coaches were turned away !!
Old 04-16-2016, 10:57 PM   #54

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
Thats what I learned as well. I hope the server is back up soon
I wonder what could be wrong with a server that couldn't be fixed in a day or two? Back when I was an IT manager we got parts sent overnight if needed.
Maybe they're getting new servers and converting to Winnie's system.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:15 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I wonder what could be wrong with a server that couldn't be fixed in a day or two? Back when I was an IT manager we got parts sent overnight if needed.
Maybe they're getting new servers and converting to Winnie's system.
The way I understand it , there is NO more CC ! Why would Winnie create a separate company ? , no chance. We already know there are plans to put a CC badge on a Winni built in the old factory, right along with the larger Winnie's. I see the future as one Company, with a full model line up. Tiffin as an example does that very thing, lots of models , but they are still Tiffin produced products. There is little material, jigs, molds , machinery left, all that went out the door when CC was auctioned off. It is the land , that's it. It would make more sense for Premier next door to become the official vintage CC headquarters .
Old 04-17-2016, 04:06 PM   #56

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
The way I understand it , there is NO more CC ! Why would Winnie create a separate company ? , no chance. We already know there are plans to put a CC badge on a Winni built in the old factory, right along with the larger Winnie's. I see the future as one Company, with a full model line up. Tiffin as an example does that very thing, lots of models , but they are still Tiffin produced products. There is little material, jigs, molds , machinery left, all that went out the door when CC was auctioned off. It is the land , that's it. It would make more sense for Premier next door to become the official vintage CC headquarters .
Hmmm... Guess you haven't been close to the situation, nor read the post on the Winnebago/CC website. Winnebago bought everything that Ron owned when he bought out CC. ALL of the tooling, jigs, forms and remaining spare parts as well as the intellectual property.
Quote:
Parts Manufacturing and Sales: We own the Intellectual property including all of the Country Coach production molds and tooling. We are able to fabricate new, original equipment parts, such as, fiberglass bay doors, front & rear fiberglass caps, roof caps, interior dash parts etc. We have engineering drawings to fabricate any part, including slide out rooms and cabinets in their original equipment configuration.

We can reproduce all original equipment parts such as, fiberglass, cabinets, metal fabrication, and electrical, electronic, vacuumed formed parts. We are dedicated to helping you with your Country Coach needs.