Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2016, 03:18 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I hope that don't follow the path that REV has taken with the Monaco brands. A brand like CC needs to be true to its heritage, or it is ruined.
Guess that's one of the reasons some of us like the vintage models. In some cases not far and a way from Prevost. Mine at 52,000 lbs. comes close........
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2016, 03:44 PM   #30

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Could not agree more, my point all along. I spent over a week at the site two years ago. Granted I was not dealing with CC directly when I bought my Concept as that part of the plant was, is ? , under the control of Premier.I had a lot of time to nose around the buildings, discover old stock remains such as wood parts, cloth, doors, insulation , mostly interior items. On the main shop floor there were no less than 20 used CC models in various states of repair and rebuilds.There were several major mods, like adding slide outs , new electronics and paint work. Some of the speciality work was actually being done by independent Contractors who had set up shop within the building. I spent several thousands updating my TVs and sat. System. I took home a fair amount of stock materials, ultra leather , trim , insulation, etc. Many of the buildings were full of coaches, some for sale, most were in storage for owners, some there on consignment. It was an interesting experience.
Premier bought the land and building it sits on as well as owning or consigning the rigs they sell. No real connection with the CC buildings next door nor their sales/parts/service.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:49 PM   #31

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Guess that's one of the reasons some of us like the vintage models. In some cases not far and a way from Prevost. Mine at 52,000 lbs. comes close........
Is that the GVWR, GCVWR or the empty weight?
Old 04-10-2016, 04:11 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Is that the GVWR, GCVWR or the empty weight?
A couple months ago I weighted on Cat scale , gross full fuel, 1/2 water empty holdings. 46,500. Since I have added 5,000 lb trailer loaded.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #33

Quote:
Premier bought the land and building it sits on as well as owning or consigning the rigs they sell. No real connection with the CC buildings next door nor their sales/parts/service.
That's what Gary Obmeier told me too when I asked. ...There is more than one principal involved also. Gary is the one that told me about the CC property and the lack of a buyer, available listing for several years.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:26 PM   #34

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
A couple months ago I weighted on Cat scale , gross full fuel, 1/2 water empty holdings. 46,500. Since I have added 5,000 lb trailer loaded.
Our UVW is 46,503 with a 54,000 GVWR and 69,000 GCVWR. Lots of steel in the DynoMax chassis and superstructure.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:31 PM   #35

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
That's what Gary Obmeier told me too when I asked. ...There is more than one principal involved also. Gary is the one that told me about the CC property and the lack of a buyer, available listing for several years.
Same here, seems to be Gary and Louie and maybe some non-working owners. I asked Damon if he was a partner, he said no, too many headaches. Not sure but Susan might be a part owner too, just never asked her.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:02 PM   #36

Quote:
Our UVW is 46,503 with a 54,000 GVWR and 69,000 GCVWR. Lots of steel in the DynoMax chassis and superstructure.
Yes, I agree. The Concept came both ways depending on your ser. No. The Gillig chassis like mine used 8" x 31/2" x 1/4" frame rail double flanged U Channel w/huck bolted components GVW 46,500 GCVW 53,500 on a 286" WB.

The other builds used the DynoMax chassis,semi-Monocoque construction of 8" x 3" x 1/4" tube w/welded components. GVW 46,500 GCVW 53,500 246" WB.

Little difference other than the Gillig construction was inline with commercial buses and class 8 High end trucks regarding the bolted assembly.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:08 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I've never driven or owned a CC. But in my studies I've always been amazed by how the look of a CC is timeless and continually modern, never dated. I am a big admirer of the fact that they also went as far as to "over" build. I love that. CC coaches were built like an absolute fortress you would be hard pressed to break. On top of all of that, their amenities were ahead of their time consistently, and ahead of most everyone else usually. In short, they were/are a HOSS. Gotta love 8x3x1/4 steel!

IF Winnebago IND is SMART, they will do their dead level best to follow as close as possible what I described above, and previous posts have described. Stay true to the history, they can if they want to. I believe it would be a game changer for the industry. Yes I am a dreamer, but it is not impossible.

W.D.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:29 PM   #38

Quote:
Same here, seems to be Gary and Louie and maybe some non-working owners. I asked Damon if he was a partner, he said no, too many headaches. Not sure but Susan might be a part owner too, just never asked her.
Susan has said no, however considering her background I am sure she has a stake in the enterprise. The other thing I wondered was who owned all the out buildings...never got a clear answer on that. More than once I saw CC people entering one of the " storage buildings " . There is always the question if the new property owners will have any effect on the Premier operation.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:26 PM   #39

I have been in touch with a couple of the guys at CC in Oregon over the past couple weeks. For sure they are building a new Affinity for Ron to drive around in. For sure they are going to start building a Country Coach badged coach and for sure they are going to start building some high end Winnebagos at the Oregon facility.

The other thing for sure is they are having some challenges combining the CC computer systems together with the Winnebago computer systems. All the CC people are changing from "countrycoach.com" email addresses to winnebagoind.com email addresses. And as of last Thursday, some of them don't have working email addresses yet.

My guess is much of the historical data residing on Country Coach servers is gradually being migrated to Winnebago servers.

I ordered a couple of parts for my 2000 Magna; no problem. They knew right what I needed and they had them in stock.

Fred
2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Fredward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:04 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
I have been in touch with a couple of the guys at CC in Oregon over the past couple weeks. For sure they are building a new Affinity for Ron to drive around in. For sure they are going to start building a Country Coach badged coach and for sure they are going to start building some high end Winnebagos at the Oregon facility.

The other thing for sure is they are having some challenges combining the CC computer systems together with the Winnebago computer systems. All the CC people are changing from "countrycoach.com" email addresses to winnebagoind.com email addresses. And as of last Thursday, some of them don't have working email addresses yet.

My guess is much of the historical data residing on Country Coach servers is gradually being migrated to Winnebago servers.

I ordered a couple of parts for my 2000 Magna; no problem. They knew right what I needed and they had them in stock.

Fred
I remember when Navastar moved the Monaco files to their Naperville , il. Headquarters. Some owners out there got lucky, others like me were out of luck getting info on our coaches because they were too old. ( 96 Sig ) Only so much material will be available at CC / Winnie also. For some owners of older speciality Coaches, like my Concept, no records were available, and that was two years ago !
BEst I have been able to do is depend on memories of ex employees, who are scattered all over, Tuscon , Tampa , JC , Etc......Fortunately my biggest headache has been printed circuit boards, so , up till four months ago , we send bad ones to JC, and for a couple hundred they repair them. There are 24 main daughter boards in the main computer frame, I am sure I have a way to go too, Concept is in our local shop now, been there a week so far. ( alright with me, with 40" inches of snow in my yard ! ).
Old 04-11-2016, 07:04 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post
Joppy - What you describe is 2011. The old CC went out of business. Bob and Ron Lee purchased the CC intellectual property, and the Lee's still owned the CC buildings and land. They started up service and parts again. From there the new Country Coach Corp expanded from a small service organization to a big and busy one. We were there several times and can attest to them being very much in business.

Winnebago bought running business. What I heard at the just finished Winnebago rally in Palm Springs was that new coach production for Winnebago models will be underway shortly at the Country Coach plant. Plans are to make a Country Coach model.

But I don't know what the official term for the transaction should be. Merger sounds best for the way I understand the transaction. But the principles in the transaction may have different ideas.
Acquisition fits pretty good in the Winnebago/CC deal
Affinityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:16 PM   #42

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredward View Post

Fred
It was an Allure, not an Affinity, it was rolled out in December and Ron now is driving it around. You can find it on the Winnebago - CC website in the Destinations Fall 2015.