Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Auto Leveling Problem

After my last trip, over some very rough roads, suddenly my auto leveling does not seem to be working. I can level manually with the buttons and a 4 foot bubble level, but the auto leveling seems to be continually trying to level and shows the right front side to be low, even when the left side is actually low according to the bubble level.

I'm looking for possible suggestions even though I may not be able to investigate for a while. The coach is presently in storage while we live with dad after my mom's unexpected passing.

Also the lot we are presently sitting on is not very level although with blocks under the front tires I can get the coach to level manually. Without the blocks I was getting an excessive slope warning. Also there does not seem to be any air leaks.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and as soon as I'm able to look I will post the results
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
Community Administrator

It sounds like it may need recalibrating. My HWH hydraulic and my Power Gear Electric jacks had directions to do it.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #3

Call HWH and ask for help. It usually takes a couple of days for them to respond but they are very good at helping you trouble shoot your problem. As suggested, I would look at calibrating the level sensor. You can go to the HWH website and download instructions for your model. All you have to do is find the sensor.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
My HWH system had a similar problem. One of the three adjusting screws on the sensor board had broken, allowing it to tilt instead of reflecting true level. Good luck!
Old 05-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #5

my big foot system had low coach battery jacks inop, hit boost they started to operate, now there are 2 lites that blink I know it has to have over 9 volts now how to I get this to reset and stop lites stop blinking I have the charger on the coach batt and shore pwr,,,,,, help
bobbydrums72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:20 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
After my last trip, over some very rough roads, suddenly my auto leveling does not seem to be working. I can level manually with the buttons and a 4 foot bubble level, but the auto leveling seems to be continually trying to level and shows the right front side to be low, even when the left side is actually low according to the bubble level.

I'm looking for possible suggestions even though I may not be able to investigate for a while. The coach is presently in storage while we live with dad after my mom's unexpected passing.

Also the lot we are presently sitting on is not very level although with blocks under the front tires I can get the coach to level manually. Without the blocks I was getting an excessive slope warning. Also there does not seem to be any air leaks.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and as soon as I'm able to look I will post the results
My guess is hwh needs calibrated. Can be adjusted for level and sensitivity I believe. Stuarts service in Elkhart did mine last march. Works better than it did when I got coach new.
The Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:07 AM   #7

had to reset system and the chassis battery is a 01 needs to be in the bean field so all is working thanks
bobbydrums72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #8

I get the same thing after traveling over some rough roads. Problem is that the HWH level sensor gets its self a little mixed up. It will most likely straighten itself out after your net trip. Nothing really broken
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:41 PM   #9

Thanks for the suggestions. I will travel to the HWH site to see if I can get the instructions.

As I said, the coach is still in storage although we go down every couple of days to check things out. It may be a while before I can verify what I find out.

Thank you for the suggestions. I am also hoping a recalibration might work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-28-2014, 05:05 AM   #10

I was able to get a Service Manual from the HWH site. This is a Computerized Leveling System, 2000 model. In about a week we will be moving back into the coach and moving to a park somewhat close to dad's house. Once we move in I should have more opportunities to do a little T/Sing. I will have to find the sensing unit to make any necessary adjustments.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #11

OK, here's an update, I finally received an email from CC with a description of the location of the sensing unit. It is not a large stand alone unit as I thought, but just a circuit board attached to the HWH Brain. It is somewhat of a rinky dink design but I guess it works. I manually leveled the coach then adjusted the screw and hex screw until all 4 LED's were out. It appears to be fixed, hooray!

Thank you to all the experts here who helped with advice. As usual, you were all spot on and I am very grateful.

Here's a picture of the HWH Brain and sensing unit. There are three of these "cans" one behind the other that in total are the brain. The sensing unit is the board shown in the red box. The 4 LED's are in the blue box. The adjusting screws are on the outside of the can on the left side. (Sorry, my picture does not show them, but you can see them coming through the black phenolic block the circuit card mounts to.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
leveling