Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Back up camera and monitor replacement

Has any one replaced their back up camera and monitor in a CC Inspire 360. I have a Weldex now and it has gone bad twice so I am replacing it with a Voyager and have to run new cables. I am also going to add side camera's. Looking for any technical help anyone might have.
Mk1322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2010, 02:50 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello MK1322 and welcome to the Country Coach Owners Forum and to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Stay safe and keep us posted. You may want to build a signature, with your coach year, make and model through your user profile by clicking on the " User CP" button near the left top corner of the page.
The hardest part of the job is running the cable but it is not the worst job to do. Hood some temporary power to the new monitor, connect the rear camera and make sure the system is working properly before running new cable (just in case the cable is defective). You may even be able to use the old cable from the camera to help drop down the new cable . I always start at the rear camera and work my way forward. Be sure to get some 3/8" wire loom to put the cable in for protection. Keep in mind the suspension and hot areas. Try to stay with other wiring looms and you should be good. When you get to the front there are also other looms that come thru the floor or firewall. Look to see what is your best option. You will have plenty of cable so don't be worried about running short. Loop up the excess and tape up or tie wrap out of the way. Good luck and let us know how it comes out. You may even want to take pics of the process and post with your process of "How to Do".
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:42 AM   #3

Thanks for your help. I will update my signature line
Mk1322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #4

Are you sure it is not a cable/connector problem? I had issues with the same system on my Inspire and was told everything from it being a heat issue and having to add insulation around the camera to it needs to be replaced. In fact the culprit was a flakey multi pin connector behind the dash. A shot of contact cleaner/lubricant fixed it.
Matt
mattandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #5

I have checked that first both times. They were fine. The monitor looks like about 1/4 of the screen has burned out. The first time it went out I returned the monitor to Weldex and they reported that it had been installed wrong burning out the monitor. I had it checked and was told it was installed correctly. So when it went out this time I gave up on Weldex and went with Voyager.
Thanks for your response.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #6

inspire camera and side camera install

i would like to add the side units as well. Short of standing in FRY's electronices looking at the boxes for an hr trying to get the correct kind to work with exisitng monitirs and wires; i too would like to hear from anyone who has attempted.

On the Weldex issue; the radio is too close and jams up the din plug causing it to vibrate weaking the plug and then go bad for me. I blew a fuse or two this way but havnt had to replace unit just yet.

it seems as if i cant see in the dark as well either, anyone experience this? Does the LED emiiters go out or bad?
kbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote