Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2015, 08:05 PM   #1

Backup monitor in dash problem

Just recently bought a 2001 Country Coach.......immediately had chassis battery go bad. Replaced battery...but through the process the bakup monitor in the dash won't come out. It is a Panasonic an/fm/cd/ monitor. It comes out and turns upright....acts as backup monitor and radio.....

Seems like I read or was told that there is a security system that disables the radio/monitor when powered completely off, but haven't found anything in writing....I have all the original manuals, but nothing on this unit. Can you offer any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for any response.
daryl989mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2015, 09:08 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
It's a VA7 something or other? If so, I don't think there is any security code. It should come out and tilt with a push of the button.

I'll be at the coach tomorrow and will check the manual.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #3

Just Google the model number. You should be able to download a .pdf file of the manual...
Old 06-17-2015, 11:30 AM   #4

You will have to do a setup for the camera..
nkgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:50 PM   #5

If it is the Panasonic VA 707 radio/monitor, go to the Yahoo Owners Group and then to their Files section. There is a pdf file there that shows how to set up the radio.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...uery=panasonic
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:19 PM   #6

Panasonic radio/monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
It's a VA7 something or other? If so, I don't think there is any security code. It should come out and tilt with a push of the button.

I'll be at the coach tomorrow and will check the manual.
Thank you Don for your response. I bought the coach just over a week ago in Mesa, AZ. It worked fine for our trip back to Michigan...but had chassis battery die once in Michigan.....then tried to start engine with house battery assist.....engined started so I tried to open backup Monitor and camera.....would not open. It dings three times as it did when it opened, but not any more.....hopefully it is something simple.....will try to find PDF as suggested by others...but if you find something that will help I will be grateful...
Old 06-17-2015, 07:59 PM   #7

If your chassis batteries are going dead after it sets a while, your echo charger may be bad. I replaced mine with the magnum combiner.
Magnum Smart Battery Combiner Me SBC | eBay
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:20 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hope they changed the battery correctly and hooked up positive battery cables first than the negative battery cable.
If done in reverse can fry some of the electronic control boards cruise control, electric mirrors, rear camera display and so forth.
We even had a LOCKED LR slide bottom move out.
Anytime a battery is changed disconnect 12v power to slide controls on control or the fuse panel.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:15 AM   #9

I turned off the power switch in the bay to the left of the battery bay...also shut down all breakers in bedroom.....hope this was enough precaution....
Old 06-18-2015, 10:54 PM   #10

I looked at my docs and didn't find anything about a security code. If yours dings 3 times, it should open as mine does. Seems I read somewhere that there is a latch on the side of the unit that can be pushed to release the camera and allow it to come out.

I have disconnected my battery's and have had no ill effects
Old 06-19-2015, 01:59 PM   #11

On page 13 of the manual it speaks of a four digit code being set for security purposes....which when set and the power is taken away ...it disables the system....it has to be reset via the remote.....but I do not know the four digit code, nor was there a remote provided......with that said...there must be a way to bypass the security protection and get back into the radio, CD, and monitor. Someone has had this problem......so looking for that person....
Old 06-20-2015, 12:35 PM   #12

Found the big book and read about the security code. It appears that to change the code, you need to know the code however.... The unit has to be open in order to read the prompts on the screen so you can change the code. That means that the unit has to open without the code. Did you give a tug to the unit as it is beeping to give it a little assist?
Old 06-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Found the big book and read about the security code. It appears that to change the code, you need to know the code however.... The unit has to be open in order to read the prompts on the screen so you can change the code. That means that the unit has to open without the code. Did you give a tug to the unit as it is beeping to give it a little assist?
Have tried to be patient and not force anything in fear of making things worse.....someone has faced this problem and hopefully found an answer.....hoping they will come to my rescue......two problems I have are...do not know the imput code, nor do I have a remote to talk to the system.....maybe I don't need the remote if I can get the monitor to open.....frankly....this security system is stupid.......and is hurting the owner more than a potential thief....
Old 06-21-2015, 10:13 PM   #14

From all that I have read, you do not need the security code to get the unit open.

Being in the electronics field, I would remove the unit and pull the cover off and see what is happening. If you get the 3 beeps, it should open

Tags
dash