Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northern California
Posts: 9
Bad experience at Country Coach Corporation?

January of 2011, we had our 98 Affinity listed for sale. We were contacted by the newly opened CCC asking if we would like them to sell the coach for us. Ok, why not. OMG. It went downhill from there.

Time went on where I was asking why our photos of the coach were not on their web site until finally in May, I drove 9 hours to Oregon and took the photos myself and asked the post them.

I continued to list my coach on other sites and sent them a buyer with the financing for my coach (USAA). I had dropped my sales price down to the 50K's so they (CCC) could discount the coach to finally sell it for us. They refused to drop their retail price and ended up selling another coach to the customer I sent into their shop. Ok, well stuff happens.

Then, they told me they diagnosed a water leak (among other things). They quoted me $441 for the water leak repair, which I approved. All toll, they fixed small things to the tune of about $2500 on a coach I was ready to sell. Now, keep in mind, I'm a 9 hour drive away so I'm just going along with the program with no way to see this for myself. I do believe they fixed what they call a flex hose. Well, at the same time, we decided to keep the coach since there really are no buyers in this market. We contacted Premiere Rv located right next door that does indoor storage and other work too if you wish and had our coach moved for storage.

My husband came in from Iraq on his 2 week leave in late September, so we drove up to visit the coach and get some work done, including a clear coat, upholstery, carpeting and a few other items. We approved a clear coat and had Premiere do the work. Their bid came in at 1/2 of what CCC bid on the same job so we could not wait to see the coach and meet these guys.

When we arrived, we found we still had a water leak under the coach. I contacted CCC and they said no problem, they will get it into their shop and have a look to see what's going on. They said it must be a different leak. Um, OK. Could be right?

Last Friday, a full 6 weeks later, I'm sending an email demanding my money back on the repair or to finally get my coach repaired. It had been in their shop for 6 weeks and they kept telling me they were too busy with other work to have a look at mine.

Ron Lee. Gees! He called and said he had had problems with Jim his lead tech and would find out what's going on. That made me very uncomfortable because most owners will not say bad things about their staff. That same afternoon, he called back and told me it's because a water pump had been left on causing it to leak. Again, OK. That could happen. But it had been with them from January till August, so was it on then and that's why it's leaking? Who knows. I asked he allow my husband to call him from Iraq so they can discuss this. It's over my head. Ron agreed.

Well, I get an email today (Monday) from Ron, he's telling me I had "alleged" they did not do the job right the first time so now they've got many hours of tech time into finding out what's really the problem, what do I want to do? I told him if they are sure and are their job was complete, there is nothing further to do and I'll have Premiere pick up the coach for storage. Talk about someone blowing a gasket!

I told him that all I wanted to know is if they did the job right the first time and I never authorized tech time to diagnose other water leak issues. He then went on (and I do mean in an insane rant) saying that I had the nerve to have our clear coat done by Premiere (who he said "does not even have a paint booth" ) instead of them and that I never intended to pay my bill in the first place? What??? I've paid my bill and even sent them a cash customer to buy one of their other consignments.

This got so out of hand that he finally told me I'd better be careful who I'm messing with. Again what? I asked him what he meant by that. He stated that he had the authority to keep my coach. What? (He was referring to the time to diagnose the water leak). I reminded him I told him not to do anything beyond checking their work. He called me a liar. Not in so many words, but he said I never said that.

Come on, it's not his first Rodeo or mine. That's not how business is done. I had really hoped to have all of this go well. I felt like I got dragged into his companies drama. He's fired the original sales manager, told me that Jim is keeping things from him (the tech), I really did not want to know all of this. I even told Ron they need a camera to follow them around, it would make an awesome reality show with all their drama.

Good news, my coach is at Premiere. It's warm and safe and in storage. My husband should be home by Thanksgiving so we can go visit our coach. In December, she's getting new carpet, new tires, new front seats and a couple of other adjustments. Thank GAWD that's over.

So, note to self, Murphy's law really came true when I dealt with CCC. I'm sure not everyone experiences this, otherwise, how could they stay in business. I wish them well, I'm just guessing Ron is under lots of pressure. I know he's got a lot riding on this company, but my recommendation is "walk away dude", get a general manager with people skills!
__________________

__________________
Major Stephen and wife Debra. Looking forward to using our coach for retirement and when required to be away from home. Hope to hang the "Gone Fishing" sign soon.
Shaweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
jfran304's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Posts: 2,490
Debra,

Hope the Major comes home safely and soon and good luck on hanging that Gone Fishing sign.

Sounds like you found one of those dealers that likes to take advantage of everything they can. Glad that you got it worked out.

Jon
__________________

__________________
Jon & Sue Francis (Retired U.S.A.F.)
Lil Girl-Rescued, Abby Rescued, Peaches Rescued
06 Allegro 35TSA Workhorse Chassis
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:34 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
rmmpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 1,146
Regardless, the GM is responsible for his employees. And he has a boss too.
__________________
Bob (Squidly Down Under) & Peg - 2013 Ford Focus pushing a 2011 Phoenix Cruiser 2552S
"In God we trust" to preserve our country and bring our Troops safely home.
Carry on, regardless..................
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:33 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
i was told that one of the best things with country coach was there service. i just bought a used county coach magna and have been trying to call them for the past 2 weeks for a new couch and a trailer hitch question. They have still yet to return my call or email. I have left several of each! I am very disapointed. The lady that answered the phone and transfers my call to both service and parts from which i have yet talked to a single person in either department suggested that they are busy, under staffed and behind. I wish i had bought another brand now at this point. Good luck with your coach and service.
__________________
autoill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:53 PM   #5
JC2
Senior Member
 
JC2's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mo/Texas
Posts: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaweety View Post
January of 2011, we had our 98 Affinity listed for sale. We were contacted by the newly opened CCC asking if we would like them to sell the coach for us. Ok, why not. OMG. It went downhill from there.

Time went on where I was asking why our photos of the coach were not on their web site until finally in May, I drove 9 hours to Oregon and took the photos myself and asked the post them.

I continued to list my coach on other sites and sent them a buyer with the financing for my coach (USAA). I had dropped my sales price down to the 50K's so they (CCC) could discount the coach to finally sell it for us. They refused to drop their retail price and ended up selling another coach to the customer I sent into their shop. Ok, well stuff happens.

Then, they told me they diagnosed a water leak (among other things). They quoted me $441 for the water leak repair, which I approved. All toll, they fixed small things to the tune of about $2500 on a coach I was ready to sell. Now, keep in mind, I'm a 9 hour drive away so I'm just going along with the program with no way to see this for myself. I do believe they fixed what they call a flex hose. Well, at the same time, we decided to keep the coach since there really are no buyers in this market. We contacted Premiere Rv located right next door that does indoor storage and other work too if you wish and had our coach moved for storage.

My husband came in from Iraq on his 2 week leave in late September, so we drove up to visit the coach and get some work done, including a clear coat, upholstery, carpeting and a few other items. We approved a clear coat and had Premiere do the work. Their bid came in at 1/2 of what CCC bid on the same job so we could not wait to see the coach and meet these guys.

When we arrived, we found we still had a water leak under the coach. I contacted CCC and they said no problem, they will get it into their shop and have a look to see what's going on. They said it must be a different leak. Um, OK. Could be right?

Last Friday, a full 6 weeks later, I'm sending an email demanding my money back on the repair or to finally get my coach repaired. It had been in their shop for 6 weeks and they kept telling me they were too busy with other work to have a look at mine.

Ron Lee. Gees! He called and said he had had problems with Jim his lead tech and would find out what's going on. That made me very uncomfortable because most owners will not say bad things about their staff. That same afternoon, he called back and told me it's because a water pump had been left on causing it to leak. Again, OK. That could happen. But it had been with them from January till August, so was it on then and that's why it's leaking? Who knows. I asked he allow my husband to call him from Iraq so they can discuss this. It's over my head. Ron agreed.

Well, I get an email today (Monday) from Ron, he's telling me I had "alleged" they did not do the job right the first time so now they've got many hours of tech time into finding out what's really the problem, what do I want to do? I told him if they are sure and are their job was complete, there is nothing further to do and I'll have Premiere pick up the coach for storage. Talk about someone blowing a gasket!

I told him that all I wanted to know is if they did the job right the first time and I never authorized tech time to diagnose other water leak issues. He then went on (and I do mean in an insane rant) saying that I had the nerve to have our clear coat done by Premiere (who he said "does not even have a paint booth" ) instead of them and that I never intended to pay my bill in the first place? What??? I've paid my bill and even sent them a cash customer to buy one of their other consignments.

This got so out of hand that he finally told me I'd better be careful who I'm messing with. Again what? I asked him what he meant by that. He stated that he had the authority to keep my coach. What? (He was referring to the time to diagnose the water leak). I reminded him I told him not to do anything beyond checking their work. He called me a liar. Not in so many words, but he said I never said that.

Come on, it's not his first Rodeo or mine. That's not how business is done. I had really hoped to have all of this go well. I felt like I got dragged into his companies drama. He's fired the original sales manager, told me that Jim is keeping things from him (the tech), I really did not want to know all of this. I even told Ron they need a camera to follow them around, it would make an awesome reality show with all their drama.

Good news, my coach is at Premiere. It's warm and safe and in storage. My husband should be home by Thanksgiving so we can go visit our coach. In December, she's getting new carpet, new tires, new front seats and a couple of other adjustments. Thank GAWD that's over.

So, note to self, Murphy's law really came true when I dealt with CCC. I'm sure not everyone experiences this, otherwise, how could they stay in business. I wish them well, I'm just guessing Ron is under lots of pressure. I know he's got a lot riding on this company, but my recommendation is "walk away dude", get a general manager with people skills!
I would go to this link and post a free review of this fiasco. Others need to know about this place so they can make their own decision. RV Service Review
__________________
04 Newmar DSDP 4015-Cummins ISL 370hp-Spartan MM Chassis-2013 Chev Equinox AWD-Ready Brute Elite Towing System-FMCA 402879-SKP 120487
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:15 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northern California
Posts: 9
I found out the hard way about this whole Country Coach situation. CCC is one brother (Ron). There is another brother (Bob) in the same area that has a top notch company. The two do not get along. They are well known in the area. I went to the wrong place.

However, our coach is in storage with Premiere. It seems as if when Country Coach went out of business, many side businesses opened up (not to manufacture, mostly to service and or update coaches). Premiere is made up of former Country Coach employees. Interesting. I do love our coach, it's a tough machine. Worth the upgrade. Good luck.
__________________
Major Stephen and wife Debra. Looking forward to using our coach for retirement and when required to be away from home. Hope to hang the "Gone Fishing" sign soon.
Shaweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:24 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northern California
Posts: 9
Try Louis or Gary at Premiere RV in Junction City. They are at 541-998-2640. They actually had us go to the upholstery shop in oregon and deal with them direct. They were not interested in getting a "cut" from their local businesses or referrals. They can help you I'm sure. I finally asked for the book keeper at CCC and that's how I got them to return my call. Good luck.
__________________
Major Stephen and wife Debra. Looking forward to using our coach for retirement and when required to be away from home. Hope to hang the "Gone Fishing" sign soon.
Shaweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
num1dgh's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Idaho
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoill View Post
i was told that one of the best things with country coach was there service. i just bought a used county coach magna and have been trying to call them for the past 2 weeks for a new couch and a trailer hitch question. They have still yet to return my call or email. I have left several of each! I am very disapointed. The lady that answered the phone and transfers my call to both service and parts from which i have yet talked to a single person in either department suggested that they are busy, under staffed and behind. I wish i had bought another brand now at this point. Good luck with your coach and service.
Call Oregon Motor Coach (541) 762-1505 with any questions and you'll get much quicker service. We badgered CC for weeks on the phone and found it nearly impossible to get call backs. The corporation itself is no reflection on the beautiful coach that you bought. OMC will help you with any questions or service needs in a timely and courteous manner.
__________________
John & Cathy Lamb
43' Winnebago Tour
num1dgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
dons2346's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1dgh View Post
Call Oregon Motor Coach (541) 762-1505 with any questions and you'll get much quicker service. We badgered CC for weeks on the phone and found it nearly impossible to get call backs. The corporation itself is no reflection on the beautiful coach that you bought. OMC will help you with any questions or service needs in a timely and courteous manner.

+1
Bob Vinson and the crew are top notch.
__________________
dons2346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #10
Member
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 67
Sorry to hear you had problems at CC, we just left their last Friday having emergent repairs done in which they were able to get all work done within the estimate as well as notifying me when a possibility of going over occurred and finding an alternative route to complete the repair within my budget. We were completely satisfied with their work and proffesionalizm. We delt with Jim Cooley the service manager.
__________________
2000 Country Coach Magna
Pat & Kim
patty98311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
B Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,162
We have had nothing but good experiences with CC. They just sent us some cabinet doors they made with special paint to match the interior of our coach. I could not be happier with the way they came out. Not only was the work top of the line, but the price was more than fair. We were at CC last summer and we were very well treated. The service manager Jim Cooney has always called me back promptly when I have called and left a message.
__________________
B Bob
Country Coach 42' Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fernandina Beach, FL
Posts: 19
Thank your husband for his service and bless you both. Have a great reunion and trip. Happy Thanksgiving. Sam and Mo Marks.
__________________

__________________
moandsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
warranty for a 05' country coach ja63 Country Coach Owners Forum 6 01-21-2011 10:03 PM
“New” Country Coach Corporation Jaxon Country Coach Owners Forum 1 01-06-2011 02:44 PM
Side separation of Country Coach roof arowleymd Class A Motorhome Discussions 11 12-25-2010 12:10 PM
2009 Country Coach Inspire egb243 Country Coach Owners Forum 4 12-13-2010 04:58 PM
Country Coach Inspire Prospective Acquisition Hugh D Country Coach Owners Forum 19 01-12-2009 05:56 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.