Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to DoubleCK
Basement Door Hardware?

I am doing some work on our recently purchased CC Inspire 330.

I need to replace some latches and handles on the basement doors. Can anyone send me in the right directions for parts?
DoubleCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #2

First you will need to determine the brand of the latch. They are probably not marked. I searched for latches till I found a match to what I had which gave me the brand and model. Then it was an easy search for parts. Good luck.
HabitatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
You might take a look here www.spdhardware.com
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #4

They are most likely Southco Latches, Hinges, Fasteners, Engineered Access Hardware | Southco
or TriMark TriMark Corporation - Latch, Handle, Linkage, Electronic, Hinge, Vehicle door hardware

I'm thinking Inspires will have TriMark hardware. If I remember correctly you will have to pull of the inside panel that is held with structual adhesive tape. You'll want to apply solvent and patience in order to avoid damaging the panel when you remove it.
JohnFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to DoubleCK
Thanks for the good info John. I think I identified the proper replacement part.

However, it sounds like it might be a job best completed by some with experience and all the right stuff.
DoubleCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #6

I would only trust Oregon Motor Coach Center. These doors are a unique design that your average RV service center has probably never tackled.

If going to OMCC isn't an option and you consider yourself handy, I'd encourage you to do it yourself. Removing the back panel is the only trick once you have the replacement parts. At the factory they always consider the panel disposable and didn't want to take the time to save it. If you're careful with a putty knife it will be fine. Removing the door from the coach will make it much easier as well so you can work with it on a bench. Thinking again about it, solvent might not be the best option since the outer, painted panel is bonded with the same tape and the solvent could easily migrate to it. Applying localized heat with a heat gun might work well to get the bond to let go. The tape is an industrial version of double sided tape and is about .5" wide all the way around. They designed it with the tape for cost and cosmetic reasons - they were really into not having any visible fasteners which can make service and repair more challenging.

In the event you did damage it you could make another or have a sheetmetal shop make one for you - it's aluminum and I think it's .032" thick. And you don't need to use the adhesive tape to re-bond the panel on - rivets or screws will work since it's an inside panel. You need to check that the heads avoid the bulb seal on the chassis.
JohnFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
I ran into this myself on my 2004 Inspire. PPL in Houston (pplmotorhomes.com) has a great parts catalog and realistic prices. They had this part. I wasn't hard to do.
stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door