Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Black Tank capacity question

We are still learning this coach and got a bit of a surprise today. DW told me the toilet would not flush. We diddled with the buttons and got it to flush once if we held the button down for a long time. Also, the 'ready green' light was flashing 'red.' So, found the book and it said the BW tank was likely full. Checked the SeeLevel panel and sure enough, Black read 100%. Dumped tank and all is good.

So, to my question/s.....I believe I read the black tank capacity on this coach is 45 gallons. That is about same as our former coach. We could always go at least 5 days without dumping the black tank. Grey water capacity was always more concern than black. We've only been on the tank since Monday (3 days) so I am wondering if something else in this coach drains into the black water tank?? We've been conscious of using the minimal water flush mode.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #2

I think you are right about the capacity being 45 gallons. You have an electric toilet? They use a lot of water for a flush and nothing else dumps into the black tank.

We have friends that have a post it note in the bathroom and mark down every time they flush and plan on dumping at 15 flushes.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #3

Retired Fire Service RVer's
I guess I'm glad my coach has a 69 gal tank.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
I'm going to dig out the plumbing diagrams from the box of manuals. I am thinking maybe the sink in the toilet room dumps into the black tank?? Just since dumping the tank last evening and minimal use of the toilet, SeeLevel is showing the black tank 30% full. So, either the level sensors are wrong or something other than the toilet is helping fill the tank. If it is the toilet room sink, we can restrict use of that when dry camping.

We don't boon dock other than an overnight in a Walmart while traveling. However, we visit some family several times a year where we park and have only electric hook ups. Those visits can extend to 3 -4 days so we will need to find a way to do that.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #5

Glad I don't have an electric toilet. One solution to your family visits is a macartor pump and the approriate amount of 3/4" or 1" with garden hose fittings to reach their clean out. Then just pump into their clean out. You can even pump up hill. We have a 2002 CC with a 63 gallon Black Water tank and a 71 Gallon Gray water with a foot flush toilet and generally do a 3 to 1 ratio of dumping gray water to black water.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
Glad I don't have an electric toilet. One solution to your family visits is a macartor pump and the approriate amount of 3/4" or 1" with garden hose fittings to reach their clean out. Then just pump into their clean out. You can even pump up hill. We have a 2002 CC with a 63 gallon Black Water tank and a 71 Gallon Gray water with a foot flush toilet and generally do a 3 to 1 ratio of dumping gray water to black water.
Actually this coach came with the macerator pump. Original owner removed it since he said it was nothing but trouble. The compartment is pre-wired for it so I will consider that as an option. The other obvious option is to use the family member's toilet facilities whenever we can.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
.........The other obvious option is to use the family member's toilet facilities whenever we can.
There should be a tree somewhere
Old 04-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #8

Leaking valve???

Ours has electric looks like home toilet, takes many flushes just to indicate something in tank, uses a quart or 2 per flush.

A leaking valve may cause this.

For troubleshooting when parked and not being used, drain all tanks.

Place bucket under drain, then leave dump valves open and water system on.

Any water in bucket is result of leak.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #9

Ok I'm in the same boat we get 33 flushes to the toilet because it is electric do you have a Temca? Do you have the two way switch or water save button? I just mesured capacity and 33 and we are done without us adding paper or other things
Ssgritton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgritton View Post
Ok I'm in the same boat we get 33 flushes to the toilet because it is electric do you have a Temca? Do you have the two way switch or water save button? I just mesured capacity and 33 and we are done without us adding paper or other things
Yes, our coach has the Tecma. We have two flush buttons; one is a 'water saver' for liguids and the other is more robust for solids.

I was convinced that the sink in the toilet room must also be connected to the black tank. However, after referring to the plumbing diagrams, it is apparent only the toilet drains into the black tank. We plan to develop 'flushing strategies' for the few times we are not on full hook ups.

I do see in the Tecma operating manual that you can adjust the amount of water that fills the bowl after a flush. I will try adjusting that to the lowest amount. However, not sure that will help since I think the amount of water moving thru with each flush is fixed in the system.

Tags
tank