Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #1

Blower's not working

Good afternoon.

Thought I'd try here before going crazy looking for the problem. I have a 2000 Country Coach Intrigue and the blowers are not coming on when the heater does. The heater is working and the light is green, you hear the heater coming on and off but the blower's are not blowing any air through the vents. Are these on a fuse? Any ideas where to look? My motorhome is out of town and I will be going there in a few days and there are no parts stores close by so I just wanted to make sure that I have any parts that may be needed. The manuals are also in the motorhome so can't refer to those right now.

Any and all thoughts and help are appreciated. Thank you.
Motofunfor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Look at the fuses and the circuit breakers first. Fuses are at any auto store. Good luck.
Voyager35L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #3

Welcome.

I see you have a Country Coach, but without knowing what heating system you have, no one except those who have a CC can help.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #4

The heater is a Hurricane Heater, thanks for the replies.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:47 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Moto,

Since your coach is of the same era as mine it may have a Hurricane heater. If so you're in luck. Here's a link to some videos on the ITR (Hurricane) website.

ITR - Hurricane Videos

If the coach is new to you or used infrequently, it's easy to overlook the requirement for turning on the fan switches on the panels in the cockpit and bedroom. Just setting the thermostat to "Furnace" for the desired zones is not enough. The fans have to be enabled, though the thermostat via the Hurricane control module actually turns them on and off.

Good luck,

On edit - our posts crossed in the mail. I see you do in fact have a Hurricane. Watch the video on troubleshooting. It really gets you going in the right direction.
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:49 PM   #6

Thank You Dave, yes it does have a hurricane heater. We have had the coach for 5 years now, everything is on that should be. I will check out the videos and see if I can see something. I am thinking fuses are the issue, we use the coach often and everything has been good until the fans wouldn't turn on.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:07 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Moto: I had the same problem as you until I learned about switching zones on my thermostat. One zone (rear bedroom) was not operating the heat exchanger fan at all and in fact was set for AC until I realized that I had to change the thermostat to that zone and set it to "Furnace".
TimSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:53 AM   #8
Community Moderator

i have the same setup. my zone 2 (bedroom) does not have a furnace option on ccc. when i select furnace on zone 1, i have to turn on fan switches (main and front) on control panel above entrance door.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote