Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #1

Bob Lee Is Back

Bob Lee has purchased the Country Coach intellectual property which is all he needs to start building coaches.
http://kezi.com/page/161529

Mustang convertable toad
Matt Cassels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Matt...Do you know if there is a complete list of who bought what?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
Matt...Do you know if there is a complete list of who bought what?
Not aware of any list............I would be surprised if they did release one.

Mustang convertable toad
Old 02-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Cassels View Post
Bob Lee has purchased the Country Coach intellectual property which is all he needs to start building coaches.
Country Coach Auctions Inventory | KEZI
I'm glad he bought the IP, as it is best to have one source for all that info which I'm sure he can use to promote his coach repair/referbishing business, even if building new coaches is not in his plans.

However, based on the amount of equipment and supplies I watched being auctioned (till past midnight CST last night) I think your statement in bold is a little.......optimistic

Hopefully a much leaner company can return to building the quality coaches the CC name represents. I was AMAZED to see the quantities of duplicated equipment being auctioned and the "fleets" of various vehicles owned by CC. Apparently one of their problems was asset management!
ED
Old 02-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I'm glad he bought the IP, as it is best to have one source for all that info which I'm sure he can use to promote his coach repair/referbishing business, even if building new coaches is not in his plans.

However, based on the amount of equipment and supplies I watched being auctioned (till past midnight CST last night) I think your statement in bold is a little.......optimistic

Hopefully a much leaner company can return to building the quality coaches the CC name represents. I was AMAZED to see the quantities of duplicated equipment being auctioned and the "fleets" of various vehicles owned by CC. Apparently one of their problems was asset management!
ED
Bob Lee was the one who made the statement about it being all he needed to start manufacturing, don't forget that he already owns the land and bldgs including any equip. fastened to the buildings.

Mustang convertable toad
Old 02-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Matt:
There is an article on RVBusiness today quoting Bob Lee as saying he and his brother will be building motorhomes again with a new company they have started. The RVB article did not name the new company, but Lee said the coaches will be tied to the CC name, but not called Country Coach. He also said their new products will be smaller and narrower, because as RVers age we no longer want the "hassels" of a big coach. It will be interesting to see just what they come out with. Stay tuned!
ED
Old 02-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
In this months FMCA mag, there is an article about Bob & his bro-in-law (I think) starting Oregon Motor Coach......a rehab/service shop
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Correction

Below is a paste of a PORTION of the latest info from RVBUSINESS : (Please note I added the bold over the words "may start" to emphasize one of the main points of the revised article.) ED

EDITOR’S NOTE: Due to some confusion and inadvertent misinformation, RV Business has revised and reposted the following story on the legendary Lee Brothers — Bob and Ron Lee — and their plans to re-enter the motorhome business sector in the near future.

Bob Lee, founder and former CEO of defunct luxury RV manufacturer Country Coach Inc., along with his brother Ron Lee, may start a new company to build motorhomes after spending about $190,000 to buy Country Coach’s intellectual properties and some equipment during the bankruptcy auction last week.
But the new firm more than likely won’t build Country Coach-brand motorhomes.
“If we do this it probably won’t be under the Country Coach name, but it will have some attachment to that name, of course, because it’s a very quality name,” Lee said. “It will be tied to Country Coach, for sure.”
Lee said no timetable has yet been established for when the new company will begin building RVs.
“I don’t have (a timetable)”, Lee said.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #9

It will indeed be interesting to see what the Lee's come up with.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Oregon Motorcoach Center opened in Junction City a couple of years ago and is, in my opinion, a frist rate facility. The principals in the company are, I believe, Bob Lee, one of his daughters, and his son-in-law. The facility works on most class A motorhomes, and in conversations, I have heard only praise for the service. I know we have used them to service our coach several times and are very satisfied.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharbra View Post
Oregon Motorcoach Center opened in Junction City a couple of years ago and is, in my opinion, a frist rate facility. The principals in the company are, I believe, Bob Lee, one of his daughters, and his son-in-law. The facility works on most class A motorhomes, and in conversations, I have heard only praise for the service. I know we have used them to service our coach several times and are very satisfied.
YES, OMC is featured in the Feb 2010 issue of FMCA magazine, beginning on page 56. That article says they opened March 2008. The SIL is Pat Mason.