Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #1

Smile Booster/Circulation Pump Replacement

If you need the Circulation Pump replaced on a Country Coach motorhome .

The pump is made by MP.
The current part number is 34258.
The best price I found was $250 + $14.50 ship from
"A Parts Warehouse" at A Parts Warehouse - School Bus Parts.
I ordered on Sunday. They shipped on Monday. I got it on Friday.
Attached Images

2002 Country Coach Allure 36' #30783
Cummins ISC 350
BluegrassFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2014, 10:04 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Bluegrass, you are correct in that these things are expensive, especially for what they are. I did a quick look and found one for 335! On eBay there is one for a few dollars less that the one you found but that included shipping.

Which one of your pumps failed, the one in the front, the one on the rear rail, or the one in the Hurricane bay?

If it was the one on the rear frame, you should reroute the hoses so that you can mount the pump with the motor on top. That way, if the seal leaks, coolant won't run into the motor.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:28 PM   #3

My pump is located on the drivers side frame rail beside the Allison transmission. The suggestion to change the mounting to have the motor above the pump sounds like a good idea.

I don't have a Hurricane heater. As far as I know I only have the one circulation pump. Should I be looking for another pump up front on my 2002 Allure 36'?
2002 Country Coach Allure 36' #30783
Cummins ISC 350
BluegrassFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #4

I had Country Coach replace both circulating pumps last year when they replaced all the coolant lines. Both pumps were bad. They look different than yours, though. $387 for each pump and $105 each for labor.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #5

"Should I be looking for another pump up front on my 2002 Allure 36'?"

I rally don't know if you have another pump or not but I would bet on it. If you do, it will be up front somewhere most likely on the pax side. Might have to turn on your dash heat and listen for the pump running. Another place to look is behind the blank panel in front of the pax seat. Behind the panel you will also find the control for the HWH leveling system.

If it isn't running, you will have to play hide and seek. This always fun as you never know what you might discover
Old 12-21-2014, 01:45 PM   #6

I removed the rear pump.

Front pump still works and water heating enroute still works.

We try not to need the dash heater very often by traveling in warm places. But, we can still get heat from the dash heater on 30 degree days.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace, replacement