Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #1

Brake/signal question

Can someone please tell me if a 2007 CC Inspire has combined brake/signal lights or are they separate? My coach is not at home and I want to wire the towed before I go for the coach. Please post your answers here.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #2

I'm sure your MH has either a 6 or flat 4 electrical connection installed, the question would be if your toad is wired that way. If it is a combined wiring system as is me 2009 Chevy Colbalt it is no difficult to use diodes and set up your tow lights. Or another way, by far the easiest way is to get external tow light. Just a note the magnetic base will mess up the paint on the trunk lid. I used Velcro to attached the inside the rear window, it works great. Welcome to the conversations.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #3

Thanks Budski, but I'm not asking how to wire the lights. Just want to know if the coach has combined or seoarate brake/signal lights.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadiwa View Post
Can someone please tell me if a 2007 CC Inspire has combined brake/signal lights or are they separate? My coach is not at home and I want to wire the towed before I go for the coach. Please post your answers here.
cadiwa,
Well Sir, by simply typing in "2007 Country Inspire", in my home page, I found this. Simply scroll through the pictures until you find the rear end of the coach. It appears, that you have "combo" turn/brake light assemblies back there. In other words, there are NO AMBER lenses back there.

http://motorhomesoftexas.com/coachrv...ire--36--C1476

Hope this helps.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #5

most likely it has combo lights. mine was a 2000's and it has combo.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure about your coach but my Allure has a 'tow board' which is basically a control board that can be switched from a combo systems to one which acts like a system with separate turn signals. This allows you to select the appropriate output from the towing connector on the coach to match the light set up on the towed car. The 'Tow Board' is in a metal enclosure in the engine bay. My Allure has combined brake and turn signals but my CRV has separate turn signals. I selected that option on the tow board so the lights on the CRV behave properly.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Not sure about your coach but my Allure has a 'tow board' which is basically a control board that can be switched from a combo systems to one which acts like a system with separate turn signals. This allows you to select the appropriate output from the towing connector on the coach to match the light set up on the towed car. The 'Tow Board' is in a metal enclosure in the engine bay. My Allure has combined brake and turn signals but my CRV has separate turn signals. I selected that option on the tow board so the lights on the CRV behave properly.
Hey SML,
That's a SERIOUSLY new one on me. I've been around this stuff for a few decades and have never seen or come in contact with, any form of "Switchable" trailer lighting/wiring. Wow, that's cool. I'm spinning my little one-celled brain around trying to figure out how that works. The wiring in a trailer plug that is setup for combo turn/brake for each side, is different than a separate turn and brake light wiring setup. At least that's how I've pictured and seen it for most of my life.

I certainly don't want to, or have no intention of hijacking this thread and, I welcome a PM on the operation of this and or, any wiring or schematic on this system of yours. I'd really like to learn how that system works.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #8

My allure 470,has the same thing,except my set up is the mh has separate turn and brake and the toad has brake and signal in the same bulb, you do need diodes for the toad.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #9

looks like all country coaches have the tow board. i have one in the engine bay. i am not sure the configuration on the board as i was there only because one of fuses was blown. my output from the socket is standard. I am using a 7 pole plug which allows me to arrange the poles according to the toad's. i have a wire to charge up my toad's battery in addition to 4 wires for signals.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #10

On the tow board there is a pin, small like a paper clip, two socket holes labeled AandB,this is from memory so if you need more info I will look it up in the book,you move the pin from A to B depending on how your toad is set up.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytime View Post
My allure 470,has the same thing,except my set up is the mh has separate turn and brake and the toad has brake and signal in the same bulb, you do need diodes for the toad.
Our new-to-us 2005 Allure 470 has separate turn and brake and our H3 Hummer has combined. I noted that the coach was previously modified to incorporate a Roadmaster Brite Lite which, as I understand it, adapts the separate coach lights to the combined toad lights and increases the bulb illumination as well. I was not aware of the switchable tow plate in the engine bay.