Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2019, 10:36 PM   #15

Smitty,

Currently sitting at Premier will finish up some work on Monday and head back north to Burien, Wa
Jim says howdy back at ya
We will address the annoying white streaks on our return. The roof really needs the attention. As it really gets the DW's attention and don't want to wash it after every rain storm or misty morning on the coast
Mt Hood was in it's full glory coming down. The PNW is truly Gods country

Appreciate every ones feed back,

Greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2019, 10:32 AM   #16

I have a 1997 magna and used dicor roof coating . I bought 2 gal. and it only took 1 gal. to do the job. My coach is a 38 ft. and it really came out good. I used a roller with a long broom handle and it was easy job. good luck on what ever you use.
Jerry226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:41 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry226 View Post
I have a 1997 magna and used dicor roof coating . I bought 2 gal. and it only took 1 gal. to do the job. My coach is a 38 ft. and it really came out good. I used a roller with a long broom handle and it was easy job. good luck on what ever you use.

Jerry,

I’m curious if you prepped using their cleaner, then steel wool or lite sand before applying sealer?

did you tape and hang plastic or just have at it? ;-)

thx for feedback as I’m about to jump on this, too.
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:22 PM   #18

I have a question as well about how the Dicor or BusKote works with EternaBond tape. I have a couple of spots on the roof where EtenaBond was used to hold down some cables and also to cover old screw holes where something was removed from the roof. The Eternabond has Dicor self-leveling sealant applied to the edges. Are there any concerns or issues with the Dicor or BusKote adhering to the Eternabond?
Serial #10378
Metalbendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:10 PM   #19

I cleaned the roof with my soap and brush. Took my 200mph blower and blew the water off. let the sun finish the job for about an hour. then I painted it. went over dicor self leveling and anything else that was up there. Let it dry and checked everything the next day. been good for about 18 months. I will check it again before I go to Florida. My ac covers are all fiberglass and they got painted also. So far so good.
Jerry226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:40 AM   #20

Well decided to go with dicor paint. But that will be next years project.
Not enough good weather left in Seattle by the time I get back to attack it.
But did get up and Simple Green and scrub it, followed by Bartenders friend, car wash then sprayed it down with 303 Aerospace and it rally looks good now.
Sealed up vents and screws and such with Dicor Lap Sealant and the shower skylight with SB140.
All in all its coming together.
Thanks for all the feedback you people are great
I was thinking of running the Dicor prep when I do but if ya'll are having good luck just by scrubbing it up real good and maybe some light abrasion I may skip that..thoughts?

greg

Thanks,
Greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #21

Just finished coating my roof with Rust-Oleum marine top coat paint and very pleased with the outcome. Hopefully this will stop those annoying black streaks I have been fighting for several years..

Before

After

After
1999 CC Allure 36 DTSG #30317
USAF Retired
dhetrick2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dicor, fiberglass, roof