Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Can a build sheet e located for a 2006 model CC?

Looking at a 2006 Magna Van Gogh with a C13 5355hp Cat and I was wondering if there was a way to locate the build sheet on the coach?

Also any input from anyone who owns or has had any experince with it would be greaty welcomed.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #2

When we toured the Country Coach factory in 2005 one of the things they bragged about was that each coach they built had complete documentation on each step of the assembly and the components in each. And that this documentation was kept for all owners to refer back to in the future.

I know that Ron Lee (president at the time and currently president of the repair facility at the same location) bought the name, molds and other items during the bankruptcy. I would not be surprised if he also bought all the documentation. The only problem is that things like build sheets are usually reserved for current owners. You cannot simply write a manufacturer and ask for documentation on just any coach. (I don't think you can do that for Tiffin coaches either.)

Since Country Coach allowed a lot of specialization/customization on the Magna line just getting a build sheet on one might not really be that close to any other Manga they built. You have to be very specific with what you are looking for.

Can you share what you are looking for?

Old 11-04-2014, 07:38 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Magna Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5string71 View Post
Looking at a 2006 Magna Van Gogh with a C13 5355hp Cat and I was wondering if there was a way to locate the build sheet on the coach?

Also any input from anyone who owns or has had any experince with it would be greaty welcomed.
Country Coach did provide a great deal of documentation.

Supplied with the coach are two, three inch thick three ring binders. One geared toward the coach "house" and one toward the chassis.

One A-Z accordion file with all the appliance/accessory manuals.

In the bathroom is a sheet inside one of the medicine cabinet doors with the major component model and serial numbers. Maybe you could get the seller to take a picture of that if you're not near the coach.

Sales info included a brochure and something called a "Production Order". The Production Order looks like what some would call a build sheet. It's five pages of fabrics, colors, paints, floor coverings, shades, etc. Very little info on engine, transmission, furnace, etc. For example mine says "Microwave: Almond" No make or model or size. That kind of info, if it exists, is likely to be on the medicine cabinet sticker or the brochure.

These guys have accumulated some brochures which is probably your best bet for getting a sense of what a 2006 Magna is all about.

Yahoo Country Coach Group

This guy has quite a library of Country Coach model history and is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Damon Rapozo

There were also CD/DVD? presentations about Country Coach production. Don't know where you would get one though. I watched one on the Dynomax chassis at Premier RV in Junction City, OR, where we got our Affinity.

Good luck. That's quite a coach. A friend has a Magna of that vintage (2005--2007) with an ISX 600.

HTH
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:02 PM   #4

Quote:

Call Country Coach and ask?
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob&AnnaMari View Post
When we toured the Country Coach factory in 2005 one of the things they bragged about was that each coach they built had complete documentation on each step of the assembly and the components in each. And that this documentation was kept for all owners to refer back to in the future.

I know that Ron Lee (president at the time and currently president of the repair facility at the same location) bought the name, molds and other items during the bankruptcy. I would not be surprised if he also bought all the documentation. The only problem is that things like build sheets are usually reserved for current owners. You cannot simply write a manufacturer and ask for documentation on just any coach. (I don't think you can do that for Tiffin coaches either.)

Since Country Coach allowed a lot of specialization/customization on the Magna line just getting a build sheet on one might not really be that close to any other Manga they built. You have to be very specific with what you are looking for.

Can you share what you are looking for?
Basically just looking for what it has on it for standard equipment, aqua hot, heating and air units silverleaf etc. it is a 2006 magna Van Gogh and we have just begun discussions with the dealer
Old 11-04-2014, 09:16 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
The prior owner of our Allure left the big plastic box with all the documentation in the coach. There was a sheet (maybe two) that had everything that was standard on the coach and any options he added...including the MSRP of all of it. Ask the dealer to check for that documentation and fax it to you (assuming they have it).

Otherwise, I believe you can call CC in Junction City with the coach serial # and they can provide a lot of info. You may have to pay for it at this point since they are not the original company and had to buy all of that stuff at the bankruptcy auction.

For sure the coach as Aqua Hot (or Hydro Hot) and roof AC's that are also heat pumps. Does it have residential fridge or is that a preference for you?
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #7

Call Country Coach at 541-234-2167 and ask for Tonya Buendia. She can send you a pdf file of the brochure and if you have the coach number for $25 you can get the build sheet.
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:35 PM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob&AnnaMari View Post
The only problem is that things like build sheets are usually reserved for current owners. You cannot simply write a manufacturer and ask for documentation on just any coach. (I don't think you can do that for Tiffin coaches either.)
That's what I found when I was looking at a specific CC. I know you can with Newmar as I've done it several times.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Basically just looking for what it has on it for standard equipment, aqua hot, heating and air units silverleaf etc. it is a 2006 magna Van Gogh and we have just begun discussions with the dealer
I have a 2005 Magna brochure. It lists a hydronic heating system with a separate water heater, but that does not mean the one you are looking at couldn't have a Hydrohot. 3 15,000 Btu A/C units were standard, as was the over-the-road AC system in the bedroom. The brochure lists a Silverleaf 200 EL as standard equipment. If you have any other questions I can get from the brochure, I'd be happy to look it up. BTW, the brochure does not show a Van Gogh floorplan, so you be looking at an early 2006--it is listed in in the 2006 brochure.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
That's what I found when I was looking at a specific CC. I know you can with Newmar as I've done it several times.

I just did it with CC on a 1998 coach. Just called and asked for coach #5499 build sheet and in 15 minuets received this and a broucure.

1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes it is a 2006, what I did think was odd is that it is a 2006 coach and it has a Cat in it that was manufactured in 2004.

Tags
cat