Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2016, 02:58 PM   #1

Can I raise my coach ?

I have to park my coach in a temp lot tonight because they are working on my street. The temp lot is very steep to get into. I tried backing into the lot and the bottom of the front bumper starts to drag on the ground before I get in the lot. I just need a few inches I think. Can I fill the air bags in the front and keep it high to get in the lot somehow ? I have both hyd and an air level system on the coach. Here is a picture of the control for the level if that helps with the answer I am looking for

Thank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1464.PNG
Views:	131
Size:	291.8 KB
ID:	136135  
Bootjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootjack View Post
I have to park my coach in a temp lot tonight because they are working on my street. The temp lot is very steep to get into. I tried backing into the lot and the bottom of the front bumper starts to drag on the ground before I get in the lot. I just need a few inches I think. Can I fill the air bags in the front and keep it high to get in the lot somehow ? I have both hyd and an air level system on the coach. Here is a picture of the control for the level if that helps with the answer I am looking for

Thank
We have the HWH air system and it will raise the coach about 4" from normal ride height . I don't think yours will as I don't see the raise button on your panel.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:58 AM   #3

You can do that but someone will have to hold the "up" button on the control panel while you move the coach.

Make sure you go slow, not more than 5MPH
Old 08-17-2016, 06:30 AM   #4

I think his "raise" button is one of the pair on the far left side, just a bit below vertical center, of the HWH panel. The other one is "dump" or "lower".
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:20 PM   #5

I have a slightly steep driveway to my RV barn and I can get the front up without scrapping, but right before I would drag the back end, I stop, put it in neutral, set the break, lower the front bags and then raise the rear bags to the max!
RJPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJPerry View Post
I have a slightly steep driveway to my RV barn and I can get the front up without scrapping, but right before I would drag the back end, I stop, put it in neutral, set the break, lower the front bags and then raise the rear bags to the max!
I do this as well, it works as long as you only need a few inches of lift.

My panel looks just like the picture from the OP.
mriderLeon is offline   Reply With Quote