Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Can't Wait

We're new to this site, but have found it a wealth of information already. We are moving from a 5th wheel to a 2005 CC Allure. Looking forward to taking it out for the first time, so far have had major delays receiving from the dealer, but should finally be done this weekend. (At least that is what the service guy is saying, but that is "mechanicspeak") I'm glad for the delays I guess, because they caught a couple problems with some things that could have been a disaster out on the road like a bad radiator, which they are replacing. But should be good to go soon and looking forward to it. I have learned a ton of things by reading this and will be checking things out when we get the unit for things like wet/dry PTO etc. Already have new tires, batteries, radiator, tie rod ends, shore cord, so a bunch of things have already been addressed.

HavasuRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #2

You have purchased a great brand of coach.

This site and the Country Coach Owners site on Yahoo Groups can be a great resource for info from fellow owners.

Have fun.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #3

Congrads on your new Country Coach. Hope they went with the Copper and Steal Radiator and yes the wet PTO is a must. Yes join the Yahoo group, lot of info there also for you.
Country-Coach-Owners : Country Coach Owners Association
2 stroker
2 Stroker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #4

Lightbulb

Congrats on your new purchase, we have a 2004 Allure and love it. May I make a few suggestions 1st in regard to the PTO issue have the mechanic look and see if you have one of the coaches that needs the conversion. Country Coach had several configurations in regard to the PTO some of which do not need the conversion.
2nd hopefully your coach has all the manuels concerning the coach and it's systems. Your should have a box with the coachs ID number and it should contain individual mannuels for all system componets on the coach. There should also be 2 large loose leaf binders from Country Coach. If you can get these while waiting for your coach and start reviewing them, you will find there is a lot of useful necessary information in all of this material that you should know before operating the coach. Good luck and enjoy the new coach.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #5

I gotta tell you,,,,I'm beginning to wonder if we made the right purchase. It's been over a month now and we still don't have the rig. Every time we think it's close, they find something else that needs fixing and getting the parts is a nightmare. We were almost there and they found something in the steering that until it is replaced they can't align it. Now they are contacting CC in Oregon to see how long it is going to take to get this part. It's all the proprietary DynoMax stuff!! I have a lot of friends that have CC's and they would have had me arrested if I bought something else. I know that CC is a good product, but this really has me frustrated!! I keep telling myself that this is good,,,they are finding and fixing everything,,,,
Old 07-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry to hear about your delays. We love our new-to-us Allure and so far, all is well. It needed a few tweaks at the dealer before we took possession but nothing major.

From what I have found in my manuals and from some research, most of the chassis components are pretty common to bus and RV chassis and should be readily available from sources that sell chassis parts. I had mine aligned and checked overall at a local heavy truck/bus chassis shop and he confirmed he could repair/replace most everything related to the chassis if necessary....air bags, ride height valves, etc.

Good luck and hope you get it soon. From what I see so far, the CC is a solidly built coach.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #7

The front ends and rear ends are made by Meritor, Neway, and I think possibly Dana depending on model. Parts should be readily available.

Problem is that people think you have to go to the "factory" for parts which is not true. Most everything for the chassis can be found at your local truck parts house.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #8

As long as they're doing the radiator have them replace all the hoses, any hose that is showing the least bit of wear. It will save you problems, time and money down the road.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #9

Problem is that we haven't actually taken delivery on it, so it is all being done at the control of the dealer, so it's hard for me to actually call the shots on it. I'm pretty confident that it is all being done correctly, it's a big dealer here and they have sent it out to a chassis shop for the repairs and the shop is a big name so I have hope. They are the ones that have caught most of these things, including the radiator, and the dealer has remained cooperative to replace everything. They tell me now that it is all done except for a "steering u-joint", (which by the way is what took it to the shop originally) so we'll just wait for that one, and take off!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
While waiting is never fun, it sounds like the dealer is taking care of critical issues. The aluminum radiators on CC's apparently were doomed to failure from the get-go and very expensive to replace. That is now something you won't have to fret.

Please post some pics of the coach when you get it. Safe travels.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #11

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Congrats on the new dynamite coach. It is a very good thing the dealer is taking care of these expensive items.

FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote