Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2017, 11:58 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to dtrawets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyian View Post
I just looked on Calgary Kijiji and saw a few for sale...check it out

thanks for that. i will have a look.
dtrawets is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2017, 12:24 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another EZE-TOW owner...over 15,000 miles on our '07 era model.
The Eze-Tow has been improved over the years...now with 12" rims, steel ramps and usable with aftermarket straps.

The Eze-Tow can be less money than others to buy but can be a better dolly because it has no turn-table = less mechanicals which also means less weight.. It negotiates turns exactly like a flat towed car, with the car's front tires pivoting in the turn.

Acme is a sponsor here, the dolly is Made in America, and they have really great service (but service is rarely needed).

When we first started taking a car on our trips, we rented a dolly...just to be sure.
If you hate it , no big loss. If you like it, you will be informed about using a dolly for your shopping.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:53 PM   #31

Ez-tow fan

Have used EZ TOW for two years/7500mi with no problems. If you decide to go that way, call the factory and ask if they have any "scratch n dents". Mine was going to go in for repaint but they sold it to me "as is"...I couldn't find the flaw when it was delivered and they threw in a spare for my "trouble". I would agree with an earlier post, I use 2x4 blocks as an approach aid and they help tremendously for keeping the removable ramps in place. The wheel straps fit all three of my rigs, 13", 15", and 19" rims. I have towed all three with great results and find the surge brakes work adequately for my applications. I got a set of cheapie Harbor Freight magnetic lights, purchased a flat four splitter (1 into 2) and run both the dolly lights and magnetics off of the coach. KISS is the only way to go! Whatever you choose, best of luck!!
Regards
G
Old 08-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #32

For 5 years I dragged my 2001 Dodge Intrepid around on a Stehl Tow Dolly with hydraulic surge brakes and disc brakes. If you get a dolly get it with surge brakes. they work better and you WILL NOT have to install a brake controller in your RV. Also get one that has disc brakes and not the old brake shoe and brake drum. They are fool proof and no electrical parts to malfunction.
jeepersrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dolly