Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #1

Cat 400 fuel filters

I have read everything that came with the coach. I even called CC in Oregon and no one could tell me the make and part number for the fuel filters on my coach. The engine is a Cat C9 400. I even called a person at Cat and was told that the chassis manufacturer would know.

I know there must be someone on this forum that has a CC with a C9 engine. I'm would like to know who makes filter you use and the part number.

My rig has a primary and a secondary filter. The one closest to the top of the engine has a pump attached for priming the system and the second one has a water separator.

The filters that are on the engine now are some off brand that I have never heard of which were installed by the dealer where I purchased my coach. Based on some of the other things they did I do not trust them.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I realize that this subject has most likely been talked to death. A search of this site did not give an answer

Thanks

Dick
Bigd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This posting over on the CAT RV Club Forum may help: Fuel filters, the PROPER Setup . The CAT 2u secondary filter should be CAT part number 1R-0751.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
This posting over on the CAT RV Club Forum may help: Fuel filters, the PROPER Setup . The CAT 2u secondary filter should be CAT part number 1R-0751.
Chris..

Thanks for the info. I got both filters and changed them today

Dick
Bigd2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fuel