Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Exclamation CC Concept

I have had a 1997 Magna and am considering a 1998 concept,Since I did most of my own work, I am only looking for informed info on the Concept. Does anyone out there have one or is aware of any issues to look for. Thank You

vickinbobyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
The Country Coach Concept was a very nice coach. I recently saw one advertised for $209K. For a non-slide coach that is over 14 years old, that seems a little high. Not sure what year, but the early Concepts had the 8V92 Detroit. The newer versions will be the Detroit Series 60 engine. I would also be concerned about axle overloading on these early bus chassis.
Best of luck!

vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
The CC Concept was the best production line MH ever built. Period. I might add, it was also the most expensive. They had top-of-the-line everything. The biggest problem, never had a slide. The body style did not lend itself to have one, so CC changed the design and replaced it with the LEXA, which did not sale very well. If you can live without a slide and a Detroit 8V92 power plant, the Concept would be your best choice in an older MH. If you can find one, they are dirt cheap. In 1997, I think it was, they shifted to a Detroit series 60, a big improvement. I have never heard anyone badmouth a Concept except the 45' models. I'm not sure just what the beef was with them. If I was still doing a lot of RV'n I would love to have 1998 40'r.

I might add, I owned a 40' 1995 when I was full timing and drove about 80,000 miles before giving up.

Jim E
Pairajays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
1998-1999 Country Coach changed the entire body, systems, motor, etc. of the Concept of old.

The "New" Concept was Country Coaches attempt of building a "FiberGlass" Prevost. 1995-6 was the end of the CC Concept with LP and wood cabinets, and 8V-92 Detroit.

The death of the Concept was the lack of slide-rooms.

CC made two 40' Concepts in 1998 and the rest were 45' long. 40' only had one bay, 45' carried two full bays.

Issues: Wiring!!! The electric's on this coach were always an issue. Interior's were lamiate and "bus like." But it used to be very hard to keep the voltage up. Forget "dry camping"
Another issue was the Front End. They weren't IFS and in 99, CC beefed up the front end system to carry the weight. Front ends might be overweight.

They had to add a "safety" release system for the electric basement bay doors, if I remember right, one of the first owner's locked their dog in the basement by mistake, and could not get the electric bays doors to open up again. The basement doors close like a garage door (auto) and the dog jumped in at the last moment.

Great looking coach. The new Concept only lasted two years.

Hope this helps.
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote