Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #1

Question CC wire number cheat sheet

Some of us who have older units are discovering problems with intermittent connections in the AMP connectors as well as loose connections.

Tracing out the route and source of the wires can be difficult, last task was to repair the dead fuel guage, took a couple days and busted knuckles to trace the wires alone, then to make a repair.

If one had a cheet sheet containing a list of numbers and functions for the wires I would bet the task would be a lot easier.

We also may assume that there may have been standards, wire X usually controlled function Y, but that would be wishful thinking.

Ours is 1989, does anyone have any clure where such a chart would exist?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
My manual has wire schematics and source, destination descriptions that have been very helpful for both the 12v and 110v systems.

Fuses, receptacles, switches, wire size, etc are all described.

Unfortunately, it is six years newer and probably would not transfer to your rig.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #3

Man.. I would LOVE for some motivated individual to create a wiring diagram (or photocopy from a manual?) for these somewhat-earlier years.
Mine is also an '89 and I feel your pain.
Aside from the "sometimes-working" fuel gauge there's also the Jake brake.

I wonder why the previous owners felt the need to hold onto their wiring diagram manual as a coffee table coaster? ..beats me.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #4

May be close

The 95 may be built on the Gillig chassis, until Gillig stopped providing the chassis CC may not have made any major changes to the "concept of wiring, wire 147 may always be the constant 12 VDC from generator battery and so on.

Just for fun, please review the fule guage wiring to see.

On ours it is sourced somewhere via wire, 147, crosses to 1XX where it powers a circuit board that provides power on wire 186 (I think, orange anyway) that goes to the fuel guage.

If this is the same then it could be possible that a major part would be similar to where they could be entered into a spreadsheet that at least would allow one to determine what wire was used for a given function and help greatly with troubleshooting.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #5

To see if you have a similar wiring scheme, I have attached one page from the manual for a 1995 Magna on a Gillig Chassis. This is the Aspire Floor Plan, front entry, 38' long.

Wire 147 is a 16 ga Red constant power wire from the Generator Battery to Radio and CB Memory on the wire chart.

Another wire 147 shows up on the schematic supplement to the ignition system.

Click on the thumbnail pictures below to see a legible version.

Wire 37 carries a signal "via Gillig 14 from Fuel Guage to Fuel Level Sender".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4-2-6.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	4076   Click image for larger version

Name:	3-2B.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	4077  

1995 CC Magna #5280
Old 05-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #6

I have also copied a Gillig Schematic on the chance it is useful in your test of common wire schemes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7-15.jpg
Views:	3966
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	4079  
1995 CC Magna #5280
Old 05-18-2010, 10:32 PM   #7

Some are same

Wire 147 is same function but the fuel guage is not, i guess one would need to measure some that are tagged in the coach to see if the functions match the chart.

Our coach came with a huge amount of manuals, the brown pouch with the products, a copied typed owner's manual, the Gillig Manual and Cat engine manuals but no wiring guides, they must have included them later.

The run box is helpful, slightly different than the Gillig provided print in their manual.

How many pages are there in the list that you scanned?

Thanks a bunch for your help.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #8

Actually, I did not scan the pages. When comparing coaches with another 1995 CC Magna owner, he gave me access to the manuals he had scanned so we could compare changes in the manual and troubleshoot some common problems.

So, I do have the complete set of manuals for his rig which are similar to mine since they are about 20 coach numbers apart. I would estimate about 30 pages of electrical schematics, wire listings, and fuse numbers.
1995 CC Magna #5280
Old 05-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #9

GT fuel guage tip.

Lift the dash and locate a large connector just right of the center.

Now look for a red wire 147, it is near the corner.

Wire opposite side is different, write it down.

While holding connector turn on key, wiggle it to see if guage changes, these connections are not the best and were part of our problem.

Next remove the wood panel on the overhead console above passenger seat, should be box with circuit cards, left-most one contains relay and adjustment for fuel guage.

I think a yellow wire is ignition control into the card, activates relay that connects power from wire located above to hot side of fuel guage.

Good luck!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #10

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1999 CC Magna? I have the speedometer and voltage gauge that have quit working.

I also have a dash blower that runs for 5 seconds, shuts off, then start after approximately 30 for a few seconds, than runs a few seconds and repeats the cycle.

All this started when I had the shop fix the heat temp gauge and they tighten the ignition switch
Old 09-30-2016, 07:30 PM   #11

I am so sorry to revive this thread but I have a similar problem. When I have power to #147 my low fuel light eventually comes on and the talking lady starts the low fuel conversation. The tank is 3/4 full. If I disconnect 147 I loose radio/cb/clock but the fuel light does not come on. Anyone have any ideas as it seems we are in a similar situation. I have already tested the ground and that is not the issue, I am wondering if the sensor has failed or something
Where is the low fuel sensor or is it tied into the fuel guage?
I am so sick of hearing low diesel level
Thanks if anyone has any ideas
Old 09-30-2016, 07:36 PM   #12

When my Gen is running the low fuel light comes on. My temp gauge decided to stop working too.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:03 PM   #13

Wire 147 is some how tied into this, it is the constant power to the dash and apparently the low fuel light from the house and genny batt
Old 10-01-2016, 12:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRobinson View Post
Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1999 CC Magna? I have the speedometer and voltage gauge that have quit working.

I also have a dash blower that runs for 5 seconds, shuts off, then start after approximately 30 for a few seconds, than runs a few seconds and repeats the cycle.

All this started when I had the shop fix the heat temp gauge and they tighten the ignition switch
My blower did the same thing a wire came off the back of the switch.
I have a full set of diagrams for my 98 Magna coach #5499
Is yours on a gillig or dynomax chassis?

1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote