Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2014, 05:37 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Thanks for the tips. I will check with my favorite body shop guy and see if he is willing to paint the shower door frame. He can also tell me who in my area may do powder coating.
You may want to check with a glass company, they prefab shower surrounds on a regular basis, may can use your same glass, has to be safety glass. good luck..
mytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
All bright shiny brass here. Yuck! Just can't afford to switch it out. Heck, changing all those quartz halogen bulbs already cost me a fortune! Good luck on your quest for nickle. That's how I want to go eventually. Maybe I should call Kevin and have him start stockpiling for me.
Don
Stratman50th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #17

The nickel hardware was actually a selling point to the wife and I. Well that and the Birch cabinets, LED lighting and flatpanel TV conversion done by CC and the heated hardwood floors. Overall, a very clean European feel. We're in our mid 40's and nothing dates a coach quicker than the gold/brass accoutrements and dark wood IMHO.

I question how the current trend of dark wood and antique brass will fair 10 years down the road...
Old 09-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbrnr View Post
The nickel hardware was actually a selling point to the wife and I. Well that and the Birch cabinets, LED lighting and flatpanel TV conversion done by CC and the heated hardwood floors. Overall, a very clean European feel. We're in our mid 40's and nothing dates a coach quicker than the gold/brass accoutrements and dark wood IMHO.

I question how the current trend of dark wood and antique brass will fair 10 years down the road...
Like clothing, interior decorating changes every so often so new materials can be sold. I still own a tie with sparkles and a square end from a previous trend.

Trends always end, so will the current hot trend.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
Like clothing, interior decorating changes every so often so new materials can be sold. I still own a tie with sparkles and a square end from a previous trend.

Trends always end, so will the current hot trend.
X2!
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

For us, this is intended to be our last coach and hope to live long enough with sufficient health to use it until it is pretty much fully depreciated. So, the change to brushed nickel is purely to suit our tastes and with no thought of resale in mind. The lighter wood colors seem to be all the rage but we really like the medium cherry in our coach. Yes, some would call it dark.....we call it warm.

Now I have to twist my 64 year old body under the bathroom sinks to remove the sink faucets which were, of course, installed on the sink tops before the tops were installed.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #21

Brass is one thing but I will take beautiful cherry or walnut over light oak any day.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Brass is one thing but I will take beautiful cherry or walnut over light oak any day.

2005 Inspire 330 Davinci, #51334. C9
Old 09-03-2014, 07:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Trends in decorating seem to last about seven years or so, brass will return sooner or later, just as the dark wood cabinets.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:25 AM   #24

Thinking back to when we purchased our Allure, we were not to fond of the white in the exterior color scheme. ( we wanted the exterior color with the burgandy instead of the white), I had an estimate to repaint the white with the burgandy, boy I like that white more and more each day..
BTW: I do have the satin nickel, so now feel a little better. LOL
Old 09-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytime View Post
Thinking back to when we purchased our Allure, we were not to fond of the white in the exterior color scheme. ( we wanted the exterior color with the burgandy instead of the white), I had an estimate to repaint the white with the burgandy, boy I like that white more and more each day..
BTW: I do have the satin nickel, so now feel a little better. LOL
We had our previous coach fully painted and chose a color scheme that was basically white with green, burgundy and gun metal gray in the accents. It turned out really nice and we enjoyed the ease of caring for white and the fact that the coach was cooler. It seems the current trend in class A's is a lot of darker colors, especially black.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotthflemin View Post
Quick idea on switching from brass to nickel, we had same issue with our prevost with CC conversion. I had all of the brass powder quoted (I.e grab handles, defroster vents, anything that could not be replaced with hardware or fixtures and turned out great!!!!). As far as shower rails, that was actually custom painted by our painter with a nickel finish with a slight glaze pattern and it too turned out good! Coach is currently for sale and u might be able to see examples at legacycoachinc.com, listed under the "prevost" link and actual coach is 2000 prevost CC, 81k miles). Hope this helps!

Scott
My Concept may not be a Provost , but our gold fixtures are high end Hans Grohe . I would not want to replace them with nickel or SS..For a contemporary look and feel ( as the interior in general ) ,these German made fixtures look like new, even after all these years ....since 1997.
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #27

Quote:

Quote:
I agree the brass looks dated. But in defense of my wife, and myself I suppose, she/we really prefer the dark woods. Dark walnut or cherry especially. And we like high quality bronze probably more than brushed nickel.

We think the dark woods look "richer" in every sense of the word. Then again, my wife would probably be happy living in a stone dungeon with dripping water and moss on the walls.

One thing I hope we can all agree on is that unstained oak and shinny brass was best left behind in 1979.
Southpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:13 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
From "Granny" to "sexy nanny"?

Yeah, we're work'n on it!

Pics to follow!!
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote