Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Changing interior hardware from brass to nickel

We love our Allure but not in love with the polished brass hardware. We have replaced all the door and drawer pulls, towel rings/bar. Shopping for replacement bath faucets and have ordered new wall sconces's from Kevin Waite. The big item is the shower surround/door. Called CC and they are checking to see if their supplier can still provide them. If so, I am sure the cost will be very high.

Has anyone else done this upgrade? If so, how hard was it to remove the existing sink faucets? Looking under there, there seems to be an odd way of securing them with some sort of clips. Has anyone replaced their shower door and surround and, if so, where did you get the replacement?

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #2

My wife is 95% done on the swap out to Brush Nickel from Brass. Knobs, towel bars. I had Kevin help me locate brass nickel puck lights, and he sent several snap shots of the sconces for the DW to look over. She found some she liked as we were getting other work done at Temecula Valley RV, so ended up getting those from them.

We have the restroom faucet and shower door, handle and shower head and bar to go. Ours is not a curved shower, it's a U shaped stall, with small side glass panels, and then the door. So I'm thinking ours should be pretty straight forward. I may just have a single pane frameless thicker glass door fabricated to fit in the full opening, with only Brush Nickle end pieces attached to the shower stall.

I suspect you have a standard Moen faucet in your coach? But, admit I have not yet looked at ours to see what is involved in swapping it out.

Best of luck on your project!!
Smitty

Old 08-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #3

Brass to nickel

Quick idea on switching from brass to nickel, we had same issue with our prevost with CC conversion. I had all of the brass powder quoted (I.e grab handles, defroster vents, anything that could not be replaced with hardware or fixtures and turned out great!!!!). As far as shower rails, that was actually custom painted by our painter with a nickel finish with a slight glaze pattern and it too turned out good! Coach is currently for sale and u might be able to see examples at legacycoachinc.com, listed under the "prevost" link and actual coach is 2000 prevost CC, 81k miles). Hope this helps!

Scott
Old 08-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #4

Scott,
Nice looking coach! Too bad it doesn't have gold hardware!
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #5

Retired Fire Service RVer's
I must have lucked out. All our hardware is already nickel. Phew, dodged one there!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:14 PM   #6

Note to Smitty. Check into painting existing shower door related metal to Bush Nickel...

Yeah, nice coach Scott. I liked the wood floor, and the side buffet like eating area with club chairs. Good luck on the sale of this one... (Sounds like you have a potential buyer, if you can get that trimmed painted back to Bronze!!!)

Best,
Smitty
Old 08-10-2014, 04:53 PM   #7

Permalko, sure do have lots of brass leftover if u want some my friend!
Old 08-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #8
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotthflemin View Post
depending on the yr. of your coach i might be interested in buying some if you would like to sell. older brass is hard to find.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotthflemin View Post
Actually, we just finished putting brass knobs on our cabinets to match our gold colored bathroom faucets!
Seriously, we do want to take a Prevost for a spin before we decide on a Country Coach--we do like not having slides. However, with the caregiving we're doing for my dad, your coach will probably be long gone before we can buy our replacement coach. Good luck--hope you sell it quick.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
laj: I have all of the older brass from my Winnebago. PM me if you are interested. \ken
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:32 PM   #11
laj

Changing interior hardware from brass to nickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumps View Post
laj: I have all of the older brass from my Winnebago. PM me if you are interested. \ken
i am but until i get to a computer i can't pm you. all i have for now is my s. phone.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #12

Thanks a bunch. Keep in touch and any questions on any Prevost let me know and would be more than happy to answer
Old 08-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #13

Let's Add Sprinkles: Oven Cleaner on the Shower Surround this lady used oven cleaner to remove hers. Over on rvnet a fella used some kind of acid on his.
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the tips. I will check with my favorite body shop guy and see if he is willing to paint the shower door frame. He can also tell me who in my area may do powder coating.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote