Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2016, 07:19 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Changing Mileage on a Coach

We've been shopping Country Coach pretty hard the last two months. Just before Christmas we looked at a 1995 Affinity in Leon Valley advertised on Craigslist. We passed on it because it had 175K on it and we thought that was too much. It was a memorable coach because it had a residential fridge and unique stained glass doors on some of the cabinets. It also had an odd decal on the door and drivers window. Now it looks like this coach is for sale on a dealer's lot in New Braunfels and the mileage is listed as 107K. Should we contact the dealer and let him know the true mileage on the coach or just not waste our time?
barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2016, 07:21 PM   #2

Changing Mileage on a Coach

I'd give them a shot across the bow if I wanted the rig and maybe get a nice price cut. Otherwise no
BTW, 175K would not scare me if it inspects out well
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:27 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
It didn't scare us, we just thought we could find a coach with fewer miles for the same price.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ask the dealer for a picture of the mileage readout.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
107,000 miles is 172,299 Kilometers.

I suspect when you read the mileage it was set to Kilometers.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
We've been shopping Country Coach pretty hard the last two months. Just before Christmas we looked at a 1995 Affinity in Leon Valley advertised on Craigslist. We passed on it because it had 175K on it and we thought that was too much. It was a memorable coach because it had a residential fridge and unique stained glass doors on some of the cabinets. It also had an odd decal on the door and drivers window. Now it looks like this coach is for sale on a dealer's lot in New Braunfels and the mileage is listed as 107K. Should we contact the dealer and let him know the true mileage on the coach or just not waste our time?
That would be our old coach. It indicated about 153k miles on the odometer, and there is a sticker low on the driver's left that shows an added 22k miles. We bought it like that.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:47 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Just well broken in for a diesel engine, IF you have
proven service and maintenance records.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:11 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
That would be our old coach. It indicated about 153k miles on the odometer, and there is a sticker low on the driver's left that shows an added 22k miles. We bought it like that.
Per, I thought that was your coach. If I remember correctly, your CL ad said 168K, but by the time I talked to you it had 175K on it. It's definitely not 107K like Stahman RV is advertising.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:12 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by macandphyl View Post
Just well broken in for a diesel engine, IF you have
proven service and maintenance records.
It was well maintained and the chassis had been serviced at CC in Oregon.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:07 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post

As an alternative, you might want to approach the dealer with your first hand information about the mileage and strike a deal for a much lower price. (Hold back the mileage info you have for later in your negotiations.)

Following Peralko's posts on the internet about things he had serviced and by whom leads me to believe that that Affinity likely is an extremely well cared for DP and is a highline coach. But I have no first hand knowledge.

The biggest concern would be the condition of the house interior due to frequent use over the 175,000 miles. You can satisfy that curiosity by an in person inspection.

The biggest concerns due to mileage would be brakes and suspension condition. The drive train obviously has provided good service.

I suspect Peralko, if willing, would be a great source for the coach status since it appears he is not now the seller of the rig.

I understand the mileage concern, especially if you plan on upgrading in the near future after this purchase.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:34 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
As an alternative, you might want to approach the dealer with your first hand information about the mileage and strike a deal for a much lower price. (Hold back the mileage info you have for later in your negotiations.)

Following Peralko's posts on the internet about things he had serviced and by whom leads me to believe that that Affinity likely is an extremely well cared for DP and is a highline coach. But I have no first hand knowledge.

The biggest concern would be the condition of the house interior due to frequent use over the 175,000 miles. You can satisfy that curiosity by an in person inspection.

The biggest concerns due to mileage would be brakes and suspension condition. The drive train obviously has provided good service.

I suspect Peralko, if willing, would be a great source for the coach status since it appears he is not now the seller of the rig.

I understand the mileage concern, especially if you plan on upgrading in the near future after this purchase.
We passed when we had the opportunity to buy it from peralko at a lower price than its being advertised now. It was very well maintained and would probably provide years of good service. The fact that he drove it all over the US with few issues was a plus. I just brought it up because I knew the mileage advertised by the dealer is just wrong.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:04 PM   #12

We were out there today, and had them correct the mileage on the coach, and also the fact it is 40 feet, not 38 like it said in the ad. While he has it advertised for $39k, he would take $30k for it, and possibly less. It is probably the best maintained coach of that vintage, and I told Mr Stahmann I would be avalable to answer any questions from a prospective buyer. Obviously he wants to sell the coach, and whoever would buy it will have a great coach for years to come.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote