Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check Engine, Silverleaf

On a recent short trip, my 'check engine' indicator lit for less than one minute at 60mph. I noticed nothing different about the engine, etc.

The Silverleaf did immediately show a message. I continued to drive for another 45 minutes, stop and go with no further indicators. I do not remember the message at this time but do wonder if there is a source to which I can refer to decipher the message.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #2

Do you remember the code? If not you might be able to have Cummins read codes and the offending trouble code may be in memory. If you have the code, look on line for code descriptions.

stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post
Do you remember the code? If not you might be able to have Cummins read codes and the offending trouble code may be in memory. If you have the code, look on line for code descriptions.
OK. I had just remembered it and was wondering. I will be driving the coach tomorrow so will note the code and call my local Cummins shop for advice.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #4

Silverleaf's can be different in different years and different coach levels. Our 04 Allure's Silverleaf is not quite as robust as say the Magna's or Affinity of the same year, being a higher grade Silverleaf model.

That being said, it seems to me that my lower unit had some messages stored? Maybe scroll thru some of your settings, and see if anything like maybe Diagnostics pop's up, or 'History'?

Good luck,
Smitty
Old 03-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
The code was 157 11 1, followed by some verbiage regarding fuel pressure.

I drove the coach for 4 hours yesterday and had no additional check engine lights. I have an appointment at Cummins in about 2 weeks for a coolant flush and refill and will ask them about the code.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:02 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
SilverLeaf has a history list on 08 Intrigue.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #7

Did you engage the Jake at a bit higher speed? I find that I will sometimes get a Silver Leaf error posting when the Jake engages at the higher end of the speed range. Say I'm doing 68 and turn on the Jake, it's too fast for the computers to allow the Jake to engage down to 4th gear. As I brake down the speed gets a bit lower, the Jake will kick in, and the RPM will jump to the higher side of things. This will sometimes, not always, produce an error with wording about High Pressure xomething xomething... (Sorry can't recall the exact wording.) When I power off and on the engine, the error clears.

Of course this may have nothing to do with your error, if you did not turn on the Jake at a higher speed!

Best,
Smitty