Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2014, 09:03 AM   #1

Circuit breaker fuses

Not sure what these are called but I have some 12 volt circuit breaker fuses on a couple of circuits in the coach. The problem I am having is when I leave the lights in the bathroom area on for an extended amount of time they begin flickering and then go out. after I turn off the lights for a while all come on as normal. Is this normal? Can I replace the metal fuses with regular fuses?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2014, 09:11 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
What type of lights are they? If they are florescent you could have some bad bulbs or a ballast. If you have incandescent it could be a loose connection with the bulb, and if you have LEDs it could be a loose wire. It could also be a loose wire on the fixture or switch for all of the above. I think I'd start looking at the fixture and work back from there instead of going to the fuse box and starting.
Good Luck
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:31 AM   #3

Thank you for your timely response. Checked the fixtures and sure enough one of the fluorescent bulbs wasn't turned all the way to lock position. Turned it and I am pretty sure that fixed it. The fan in the bathroom used to change speeds a little when the lights came on and now it does not. I will sheepishly crawl back into my hole until I need more help. Thanks again.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoleInOne View Post
Thank you for your timely response. Checked the fixtures and sure enough one of the fluorescent bulbs wasn't turned all the way to lock position. Turned it and I am pretty sure that fixed it. The fan in the bathroom used to change speeds a little when the lights came on and now it does not. I will sheepishly crawl back into my hole until I need more help. Thanks again.
HoleInOne
I'm happy to see you found the fix!

I have a question about your original post:
What is a "12 volt circuit breaker fuse" or a "metal fuse"? ....(can you please post a pic of, or a link to, what you were talking about)?

Thanks
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Not sure what these are called but I have some 12 volt circuit breaker fuses on a couple of circuits in the coach. The problem I am having is when I leave the lights in the bathroom area on for an extended amount of time they begin flickering and then go out. after I turn off the lights for a while all come on as normal. Is this normal? Can I replace the metal fuses with regular fuses?
There has been some problems with the 12 volt breaker fuse box and the fix is a new metal one I think at a cost of about $300 an I think Kevin Waite (Former Country Coach Service Tech. & Owner) has them and the metal fuses are a relay fuse and I would not change them out. I am having the same problem but with mine the 30A fuse is a little loose in the fitting and that section will go out and I just tap on it and it comes back on. I have changed out all 27 light to LEDs.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post
HoleInOne
I'm happy to see you found the fix!

I have a question about your original post:
What is a "12 volt circuit breaker fuse" or a "metal fuse"? ....(can you please post a pic of, or a link to, what you were talking about)?

Thanks
Mel
'96 Safari
Here's a link:

http://www.littelfuse.com/products/f...xed/ucb20.aspx

When they get hot they trip and as soon as they cool they come back on. I have taken them out hot [using pliers] and put a cool wet cloth on them and put them back in and they work. They are located in the fuse box below the electrical panel.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:51 AM   #7

Bad Link
Old 02-26-2014, 11:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
Bad Link
Copy and paste. Works for me Try this

http://www.littelfuse.com/products/f...xed/ucb20.aspx
Old 02-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #9

That worked and I got the other one to work but that one does not have the same posts as mine, more like this one but in a metal cover.
30 Amp Blade Fuse Auto Reset Circuit Breaker HHO ATC Apr ATO Automatic Resetable | eBay
2 stroker
Old 02-26-2014, 11:50 AM   #10

HoleInOne
That link worked for me.
That's what I assumed you meant but I wasn't sure.
Thank you.
Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:43 AM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Your welcome

Quote:
You're welcome. I have always found that with electrical issues it's best to start at one end and work back. The trick is figuring out which end to start at. If you still feel sheepish go ahead and send me a 30 lb box of $100 bills and you will not longer feel sheepish and will come out of your hole.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse