Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:35 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you went to North Trail, read the reviews about that dealership. I have talked to many who regret dealing with them. Just my experiences... (I am being very generous here).

Regarding the C9, we love ours. Not the same as the C7.... different animal.

krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2015, 09:14 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by krivanj View Post
If you went to North Trail, read the reviews about that dealership. I have talked to many who regret dealing with them. Just my experiences... (I am being very generous here).

Regarding the C9, we love ours. Not the same as the C7.... different animal.
Palm RV is south of them on Tamiami Trail. Their (flawed) business model is to take things on trade, sell over the internet, get a buyer to come down and go over a (this is a BIG selling point of theirs) PDI. Well, what happens when a buyer points out things that should have been fixed before he flew down there? They promise to fix everything, but who has a week or two to wait? Salesman and GM get deer-in-headlight looks when anything is brought to their attention ("fogged windows? really? You didn't ask me to look for that.")

thanks to 2Stroker for the comments on the slide skin cracks. If anybody wants a 2005 Inspire 36' for $68K and doesn't mind a DIY project of major proportions, it's at PalmRV Kinda like Courtney Stodden (sp?); looks pretty good from the outside, but a freak show inside.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:01 PM   #17

05 inspire

Rick,
I think you need to pass on this one and keep looking.
I have a 2005 Inspire Siena 36'. They can be a wonderful coach if you find the right one.
Don't settle for anything that you are not 100% comfortable with.
RJ
2005 Inspire #51264.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:17 PM   #18

05 Inspire

Rick
there is a 2005 inspire listed on RV trader at pplmotorhomes.com in Houston that might be worth taking a look at.
Just thought I would pass this along.
RJ
2005 Inspire #51264
Old 07-26-2015, 09:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronandsue74 View Post
Rick
there is a 2005 inspire listed on RV trader at pplmotorhomes.com in Houston that might be worth taking a look at.
Just thought I would pass this along.
RJ
2005 Inspire #51264
Yes, Ron, and thanks. I saw that and placed it on Hold pending a look at the Ft Myers one. Now I might take a drive over to Houston and check that one out...and there's one in Wisconsin, too. Oh, Why did I give up the plane? Oh yeah, right, I stopped being able to hear!
Old 09-11-2015, 09:11 PM   #20

i am new to this thread but looking for an older upper end high powered coach in the 34 to 36 f oot range...is this the one discussed above

2005 Inspire 330 SIENNA 400 for Sale - D812 - PPL Motor Homes

If so, any comments as to why the thread stopped...?? OP lost interest or what?
What about this coach?

Any other suggestions I can look at?

Thanks, Jim
Old 09-11-2015, 09:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by discus277 View Post
i am new to this thread but looking for an older upper end high powered coach in the 34 to 36 f oot range...is this the one discussed above

2005 Inspire 330 SIENNA 400 for Sale - D812 - PPL Motor Homes

If so, any comments as to why the thread stopped...?? OP lost interest or what?
What about this coach?

Any other suggestions I can look at?

Thanks, Jim
Call PPL and ask for SAM STEIN. he's an honest guy that will tell you up-front if a coach needs $15K worth of work done. He's a very rare jewel of a MH salesperson.

P.S. I'm the OP you're referring to. I've been to MHSRV "consignment" division, in Alvaredo, to Kountry Koach in SC, and to Palm RV in Ft. Myers. I can tell you that all three of those operations are junk when it comes to honest representation.

After speaking with Sam Stein, I decided against the drive (and thank him for saving me the time and money). However, I will go see something if he calls me. He has that kind of trust factor.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:39 AM   #22

Thanks for the name. However, if you are not going to see it he must have given you some good reasons.

I may call and let him know what I am looking for however.

Thanks, Jim
Old 09-12-2015, 08:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by discus277 View Post
Thanks for the name. However, if you are not going to see it he must have given you some good reasons.

I may call and let him know what I am looking for however.

Thanks, Jim
What he told me suggested a good bit of money in restoration, so I passed, but they might have something else by now.

P.S. I liked the coach in the pictures, though.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:48 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rick, I know Oregon is a long way from your location but I would recommenced you take a look at what they have at Premier and/or Country Coach in Junction City. One advantage to considering a coach in that area is a fellow named Kevin Waite who you can get to do a thorough and professional inspection for you. Kevin has an excellent reputation with CC owners and lives in Junction City. He is a former CC builder/tech and operates his own repair business. He also does pre-purchase inspections.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:45 AM   #25

Country Coach Owners Club
2 Stroker, why a 5,000 mile oil change? I am very familiar with the injectors. I have always changed my oil with a Cat filter at 10,000 miles which is Cat's recommendation with no problems and my oil samples come back great. In fact, the lab suggested I go to 12,000 mile change interval, but I would rather stick to the manufacturer's recommendation.
Jerry
Escapee #27953, FMCA #12697, Good Sam Life Mbr.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:57 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
2 Stroker, why a 5,000 mile oil change? I am very familiar with the injectors. I have always changed my oil with a Cat filter at 10,000 miles which is Cat's recommendation with no problems and my oil samples come back great. In fact, the lab suggested I go to 12,000 mile change interval, but I would rather stick to the manufacturer's recommendation.
Jerry
The main reason I change my oil at 5000mi because of the Hydraulically actuated, Electronically controlled Unit Injector or HEUI system. The injection pressures runs between 18,000 to 24,000 PSI and it is called shearing the oil. If I run a true synthetic motor oil like a 5w40 I may push it to 8k but I don't. I have an 06 Ford PSD that has the same fuel and oil system as the Cat BUT I run Amsoil 5w40 with a by-pass and the max I run is 7k plus being a retired heavy construction service oiler I run samples on all on my oils, they just need clean oil
Down time is money and oil and filters are cheap when it come to repairs.
I will stick to a 5k service or once a year.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:36 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
The main reason I change my oil at 5000mi because of the Hydraulically actuated, Electronically controlled Unit Injector or HEUI system. The injection pressures runs between 18,000 to 24,000 PSI and it is called shearing the oil. If I run a true synthetic motor oil like a 5w40 I may push it to 8k but I don't. I have an 06 Ford PSD that has the same fuel and oil system as the Cat BUT I run Amsoil 5w40 with a by-pass and the max I run is 7k plus being a retired heavy construction service oiler I run samples on all on my oils, they just need clean oil
Down time is money and oil and filters are cheap when it come to repairs.
I will stick to a 5k service or once a year.
2 stroker

2 Stroker - I'll need to do some research on this... I've always been big on consistent and timely Oil & Filter changes! (I also always recommend to my family and friends, to not skimp on components. Get good quality oil, and a good quality filter. On filters, also be sure that they're within their life cycle. They have shelf life's, and should not be used after a certain age. I rotate my stock, so to say, where every year I buy a new filter, and slide it into storage, and pull from storage, the filter that is the oldest, but always still with usage date range to install. This is on fuel filters, I do not carry a spare of the oil.).

Cummins ISL370 CAPS, is a 15K mile change, or yearly. So, I'm on yearly. We put 13K+ miles on the oil in 2014 (Our trip to Alaska added some miles!), the oil analysis reflected all was still in great shape. I do run a gallon of the Lucas additive along with each oil change, doubt that has any bearing on the oil still be good via the analysis, but do feel it adds a bit of extra protection to the process.

I'll do some checking on if I'm running too long in between oil changes. I don't mind doing more frequent changes if warranted, but I also see no reason to do so more frequently if all is testing well. More research for Smitty!

Best,
Smitty