Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #1

Considering 2002 32ft Intrigue. Advice??

I am trying to pick out our next RV. We are a family traveling with 2 kids and we could use a little extra girth. I love the opposing slide out floorplan of this coach. I can live without the extra length. I have a 35 1998 HR Endeavor now. Love the Cummins, Freighliner, Allison combo. Can anyone speak to the chassis on the Country Coach? How about handling characteristics? I am sure the power must be great Right? any help is appreciated.
evotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #2

In general Country Coach has one of the best chassis in the industry. If I were the buyer I would look for a 36' or more. Without a doubt at 36'+ CC is a big step up from the HR. And in no way am I being critical of HR products which are good.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
There maybe some handling issues with a 32' CC. I would suggest that you give it an extensive test drive and see how the short wheel base handles with a full load of water, fuel, and propane. I have also heard that it's not an issue. Sound like it's something to check out. We have a 36' and love it. Handles great.
Good luck hope it works out.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
The 32 footer is an excellent coach. There have been some comments about poor handling but it the coach is set up right (alignment, tire pressure, ride height,etc) there is no problem.

The DynoMax chassis, to me, is the best there is. We drove other coaches before we bought and nothing could compare to it.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
laj

Completely agree with dons. Friend has 32 and handles fine. Sometimes i wish i had one, might start looking but would never sell the one I've got. Just times it would be nice to have a shorter one. RK shocks made a terrific amount of difference in the handling. Jmho
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #6

I have not personally driven a 32' CC so I cannot comment from personal experience. However, the RVCG says very directly that these short DP's do have handling issues in emergency situations. And also I have personally been in the same room with one of the owners of Country Coach and he indicated that their handling was problematical.

Two pretty good sources of information.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #7
laj

I didn't try any swerving panic stops, but under normal conditions i didn't notice any bad handling traits. It will tend to porpoise on a real rough road, that's where the RK's helped a lot. Side winds will also affect it more. Nothing handles like a longer tag tho. Jmho
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #8

We have a 2000 32ft CC intrigue and have no handling problems. The shorter length coaches are more sensitive by their geometry, but as others have said, weight, balance, tire pressure and alignment are the keys. Love the short turning radius! We are never in a hurry so I can't speak to speed issues on handling, but 18 wheelers and wind have not been a factor in driving pleasure. Enjoy the road!
cherokeejim is offline   Reply With Quote