Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:34 PM   #15
Country Coach Owners Club
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
We recently purchased a 02 Intrigue...

We currently have a leak in the hydraulic line ...

I am looking for cost associated with replacing the whole line...

We just had both hydraulic lines for the bedroom slide replaced by Premier RV in Junction City, OR. Based on what I saw, the level of difficulty/effort and therefore price, will depend on the coach's layout/floor plan.

It cost us right at $500 all-in. What they had to do to accomplish the task made the $500 a real bargain. These were experienced, competent techs from the original Country Coach manufacturing operation.

The slide had to be partially extended and then tipped further out to lift the foot end of the bed frame in order to get the hydraulic ram out for access to the hose fittings.

This was due entirely to the way the "Bed & Breakfast" floor plan was designed and assembled. Yours may be different. I hope that it is if you decide to tackle it yourself.

Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2003 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2015, 04:55 PM   #16
I agree that does not sound bad at all. I guess that they replaced the entire hose, as from what I read in past threads that this is the better long term solution.

My leak is at the hydraulic tank. From there the line runs over to a valve type assembly that is located in the opposite side bay. I just don't know which line it is on the opposite side as there is a total of four.

USAF Retired
2002 CC Intrigue 36'
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:08 PM   #17

Yes, both hoses, though the long sections did not need replacing. It was the short semi-hard "plastic" sections that couple the long hose to the ram that were leaking under the bed.

We were lucky to have found it when we did. We discovered the leak when we had the valve lash adjustment done on the engine. CAT tried to get access to the engine valve covers through the hatch in the bedroom floor. Though that did not work out, it did uncover the leaking ram hose. So after getting the valve lash adjustment done we took it to Premier for the hydraulic leak repair.

Good luck with which ever way you decide to go.

Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2003 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:59 PM   #18
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
Check with a hydrolic supply house as they would most likely have it.

Cummins is not the best place for that...like ordering pizza at dennys.

Hydrolic fittings and controls or something like that is a national company with locations all over the place and they have tons of stuff in their stores.

It is just a hose of a certian size that needs a splice...no big deal.
I really like that analogy!!
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:19 PM   #19
At this point, it would be best to contact HWH and get some advise. They can tell you what hose it is, how much it costs, etc. They make their hoses in house so no problem getting a hose.

Hoses in an Affinity bedroom are installed different than those in an Intrigue. The Intrigue is much easier to replace.

Cost here is not of importance here. If you try and do it on the cheap, you will be doing the repair again.

2002 Country Coach Intrigue
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote

slide, slideout