Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2015, 12:47 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Cost to repaint/re-clear roof radius

The clear coat on my roof radius is faded and, in some places, the base coat is very thin. I have gotten an estimate from a local shop of $2,800 to prep, repaint the base color and two coats of clear..... both sides of the roof. While this seems like a reasonable cost to me, I am curious if others have had this done and at what cost?

We are also thinking of having the carpet replace with new, better carpet. Our coach has carpet in the bedroom and only a small strip of carpet immediately in front of the LR slide, and the slide floor. I got a stunningly high estimate (over the phone) of $6000 from Country Coach. I am also curious what others may have paid for this same work.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2015, 01:54 PM   #2

Hi

Had Caps & Wraps done at Precison Paint & Interiors in Bremen In, The charge was $ 2700. Their toll free # is 574 546 2406 ask for Paul or Dave, most are old Travel Supreme employees & they know motor homes.
girlydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:31 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
SMLRanger that doesn't sound too bad. I had ours re-carpeted and it was very close to $6,000. Lots a labor if done right by removing the bed and carpeting the closet, taking out the couches etc. Paint wise that is good as well, not many places have a booth that fits these and there are a lot of trips up and down the ladder. JMO Randy
Old 08-28-2015, 05:09 PM   #4

Had my roof radius clear coat removed, painted and re clear coated for $800. That also included removing hail dents from the hood of the Jeep and repaint.

The clear coat repair is about double that now but still a good deal. Head to Puerto Penasco.

Otherwise, you are looking at $1800 to $2500
Old 08-28-2015, 06:57 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Had my roof radius clear coat removed, painted and re clear coated for $800. That also included removing hail dents from the hood of the Jeep and repaint.

The clear coat repair is about double that now but still a good deal. Head to Puerto Penasco.

Otherwise, you are looking at $1800 to $2500
Ain't going to Mexico for sure. I did call Countryside RV Interiors in Junction City for an estimate on the carpet since we had some new furniture installed there last year and they do a lot of CC's. He was familiar with our floor plan and estimated $2,000 for new carpet of same grade as now in coach and $2,500 if use a better grade.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:54 PM   #6
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
The clear coat on my roof radius is faded and, in some places, the base coat is very thin. I have gotten an estimate from a local shop of $2,800 to prep, repaint the base color and two coats of clear..... both sides of the roof. While this seems like a reasonable cost to me, I am curious if others have had this done and at what cost?

We are also thinking of having the carpet replace with new, better carpet. Our coach has carpet in the bedroom and only a small strip of carpet immediately in front of the LR slide, and the slide floor. I got a stunningly high estimate (over the phone) of $6000 from Country Coach. I am also curious what others may have paid for this same work.
I just had a verbal estimate from Brad and Hull, Elkhart, IN for re-carpeting the bedroom and under the slides. They told me around $3K!
Old 08-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #7

We had the Country Coach factory sand and re coat our curved part and roof top last year. They charged a bit over $2,000 and did an excellent job. When I had a local shop quote it they were more. I felt CC would do the best job. We are happy with what they did and what they charged.

The cost of carpet can be very different. We have our original carpet in our coach and it does not need replacement. I see on our build spec that there is a $3,600 up charge for high end carpet. Several of our friends have late year coaches (not Country Coaches) and their carpets look bad after a couple of years. Make sure you get carpet that will wear well. The last place I would go with a high end coach is Mexico for anything. We used to go down there for tuck and roll upholstery (I grew up in San Diego) when I was a teenager. But there is no way to make sure the quality of the materials used is what you want.

Last summer when we were parked in the Country Coach back lot there was a 2005 coach next to us and he was having an outside vendor (not CC) replace his carpet. So if you are going to be in the JC area there are likely other suppliers.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:16 PM   #8
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post
We had the Country Coach factory sand and re coat our curved part and roof top last year. They charged a bit over $2,000 and did an excellent job. When I had a local shop quote it they were more. I felt CC would do the best job. We are happy with what they did and what they charged.

The cost of carpet can be very different. We have our original carpet in our coach and it does not need replacement. I see on our build spec that there is a $3,600 up charge for high end carpet. Several of our friends have late year coaches (not Country Coaches) and their carpets look bad after a couple of years. Make sure you get carpet that will wear well. The last place I would go with a high end coach is Mexico for anything. We used to go down there for tuck and roll upholstery (I grew up in San Diego) when I was a teenager. But there is no way to make sure the quality of the materials used is what you want.

Last summer when we were parked in the Country Coach back lot there was a 2005 coach next to us and he was having an outside vendor (not CC) replace his carpet. So if you are going to be in the JC area there are likely other suppliers.
I totally agree with you on the quality of the carpet. When I was at Bradd and Hall's in Elkhart, IN. They showed me some samples of carpets that they had used on their re-carpet jobs. Quite frankly, I was not impressed with the quality of their carpet. Mine is not too bad, but if I do decide to do it, I'll keep your advice in mind.
Thanks
Old 08-30-2015, 06:30 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post

We have considered waiting until we could get back to Oregon to have this stuff done. $2k for the roof radius is a good price and we were pleased with the paint work CC did when they replaced our damaged battery compartment door last summer (we were there when you were). Countryside RV Interiors' quote for carpet is also not bad and they said we would have to let them have the coach for 2 - 3 days. However, the best bet for us to get to JC would be next March and I am not sure about the weather in that part of the country at that time.

I'm still exploring my local options.

Tags
paint, roof