Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2016, 11:29 AM   #1

Country Coach

hi everyone new guy here. wife and i are looking to start full timing next year and are looking at coaches now. we really like the country coaches and have found one that is really nice. 2007 tribute glacier 400 hp c 9 cat. would appreciate any information any of you can give me good bad indifferent. the more info for me the better. any problems inhierent to this coach in particular would also be good to know. thanks in advance.
oldsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 03:41 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
boy CC made a nice coach!

I had a coach with a C-9, and the year of yours had some major improvements.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:51 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
CC made very nice rigs. Hope they get started again.
I don't know anything about the one you're looking at so I'll wait and see what others have to say.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:14 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum, sorry not much help with knowledge on that coach. I don't know how many of these were built, but it's one that you don't hear of very often.

Check out damonrapozo.com as it will give you the changes in model years. I don't believe that the Tribute is listed.

CC made some very nice coaches. Going on 2 years of ownership on my 02 Intrigue and have no regrets.

Brett

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:18 AM   #5

Pecking order
1-Prevost by CC
2-Lexa
3-Affinity
4-Magna
5-Intriuge
6-Allure best bang for the $$
7-Inspire
8-Tribute

Did not include Concept. Looked at a Inspire and was not up to my expectations.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:41 AM   #6

We have a 2007 tribute glacier and like it very much the cat engine has plenty of power
Rhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:00 AM   #7
DTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Pecking order
1-Prevost by CC
2-Lexa
3-Affinity
4-Magna
5-Intriuge
7-Inspire
8-Tribute

You forgot the Mistake! I mean the Mystique I think a couple of them got through as CC's before we at National re-badged them as Tradewinds LTC FE's
1998 Country Coach 40' Intrigue #10544
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:40 AM   #8

I would suggest looking at the Allure and Intrigue. I don't know what price range the Tribute is in and while newer always sounds better, an older Allure or Intrigue is a better built coach, at least in my opinion. Take a look at Premier RV Services, Junction City, Oregon. They always have a good assortment of coaches on their website. The owners, Louie and Gary are former Country Coach employees and know them inside and out. Louie will go out of his way to help you.
37driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:27 AM   #9

I agree that going back a few years would be worth going up the food chain.

There is also Kenai Coach in JC that carries mostly CC and Monaco. He was operating out of Kenai, AK for many years. I lived in Anchorage for 16 yrs and he had a very reputable name. Good guy and really knows DP.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
You forgot the Mistake! I mean the Mystique I think a couple of them got through as CC's before we at National re-badged them as Tradewinds LTC FE's
There was a Veranda also.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:35 PM   #11

thanks everyone for the info.
oldsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:38 PM   #12

As with purchase of a RV, ALWAYS get a inspection. Kevin is not far way!!!
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Pecking order
1-Prevost by CC
2-Lexa
3-Affinity
4-Magna
5-Intriuge
7-Inspire
8-Tribute

As in many cases, the specifics of the years and the model details comes into play!

In genreal, I agree with Mike that the Allure is a solid 'bank for the $$'. (We have a 2004 Allure High Cascade 40' model, that we're very pleased with.)

That being said, to me, the sweet spot in the ay 2003-2006 Country Coaches were the Intrigue. That is because I really 'preferred' (Now for those of you the are married. This is what you really want. But, since the DW usually get's her way, not always get!).

'Preferred?' - I always feel that more power, is better. The Allure is I believe only available with a Mid Sized Block Cummins (ISL370/400) or CAT C9 400 engine. Sure, you get the real 2 Staged Jake Compression Brake, and that is a big plus one an Exhaust Brake (Opinions vary on this...). But the Intrigue usually came stock with the Mid Sized Block Cummins ISL (Do not know if the CAT C9 was ever offered in the Intrigue?). But, it also was optionally fitted with the BIG BLOCK CAT. Depending on year, the C12-13 (Maybe the C15 in later years too??).

The BIG BLOCK, adds weight for heavier drive train all around, but still yields dividends in many areas. It usually is not working as hard to do the job. So MPG is relatively similar to the Mid Sized Block engines. It being a larger displacement engine, had more Compression Braking Horsepower via the Jake Compression...

So the higher HP and Torque provide a safety benefit of extra power reserves - if needed in an emergency. And, that BIG BLOCK? Well it provides more Braking Horse Power for those mountain roads.

Me? Yeah, I'd still rather have a BIG BLOCK engine. But, our Allure makes the DW happy. And, it has treated us well. Just always aware that at times, when I press the pedal - not much in the way of reserves for acceleration in an emergency. And again, the mentioned extra braking HP?

But you must like the coach. It must 'fit you', in more then HP/Torque power, as well as stopping capability.

The Tribute? Well it's a Country Coach. Entry level into the coach lineup. But, IMO, that 'Entry Level' CC - usually compares very well with the top end of many manufactures... So, it's a fine coach. IF, you do not need Aqua/Hydro Hot heating and hot water. And, Etc. on other missing higher end benefits of the Allure on up.

I always remember the Sales Man that I had asked for help in finding my coach. (Steve Wilson, from Holland Motors in Southern California. A true 'Professional'. Yes, he wanted to see a coach. But, he also really worked the referral and repeat business angle of the business. Preferring to suggest a customer 'Keep looking...' - if they suddenly became fixated on a coach he knew was not meeting what they said they were looking for...)

Steve's comment was: "The Allure, is the entry level into the upper end of Country Coach." Well, I went and kicked several tires, drove two days in each direction, flew at times to more distant locations to go look at coaches that 'seemed' to be meeting my needs. And, I found myself comparing each coach inspected to the Allure/Intrigue/Magna. So many other brands were, well, lacking... In component of materials, foundations of chassis - and build quality. That I just kept coming back to the CC line-up. (Always factoring our budget, and more importantly 'our needs'.).

Tribute? If it meets your needs and your budget, and is in good shape. Sure. But, please also look a bit higher up the food chain. And by the way, the Inspire, one model above the Tribute, in many years is worth looking at also...

Happy hunting,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 11:37 PM   #14

Nice reply to this Newbie Smitty. We've had our 2003 Allure for 4.5 yrs now and we love it. Sure we have problems, but nothing major. Thanks, John
shamrock481 is offline   Reply With Quote