Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2015, 06:10 AM   #1

Country Coach Allure slide seal replacement.

Hi everyone. We have a new to us 2000 CC Allure #30476. It is in excellent shape although I have noticed a wet spot on the floor at the corner of the slide. The weather striping looks like it needs replaced. Has anyone done this? I had a local guy look at it and he said the box may need to be removed and I don't want to go that route if not needed. I have the seal from CC and just want to know if there are any special tricks.

Thanks.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2015, 08:49 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Hi Funjnt. Sorry I can't help you with that however I've had the bottom seals replaced and they did not have to pull the slide to do it. If the water shows up when you bring the slides in you need to change your procedure for bring them in. If the water just shows up with the slides out and it's raining you need to replace your seals.
As far as the procedure goes bring your slides in in 3-5 movements and give it a 5-10 seconds break between each movement to let the water drain. Or you can lower the sides with the slides on them and let them drain off, relevel and then bring them in, or any combination of both. Good Luck
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:41 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your Allure!!

Water leaks can be bear to track down... I don't know if your year Allure has the angle strips that are on the sides of the slides. (They are on the top and bottom of many years Allures, just can't recall when this started.). These will sometimes pop a bit loose, and then can funnel the water into the coach.

If they have these strips, and they look at all suspect. Then post back and ask for some input on the different options on repairing these. (If I remember right, the Yahoo CC User Group has some good images on how to repair these.

Also, take a good look at your slides, and be sure they are aligned 'centered' properly. Our 04 Allure bedroom slide, had a spot weld break on the Alcan. This cause it to shift out of 'center' jus enough, to allow water to leak in on one side of the seal.

If the seal itself is for sure the problem, and a good cleaning and treating of the rubber does not cure this. Then again ask for input for shops that are in your region that knows how top properly replace these seals.

Best of luck to you, and again - enjoy our CC!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:12 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Is it the front slide leaking? If so, there is a small trough at the front of the slide. You have to remove the accordion cover that you see when the slide is closed. The little trough is glued to the wall and the glue comes loose, the trough pulls away from the wall and you get the leak.

The way it works is, the water is supposed to run along the bottom sidewall of the slide into the trough and then out via a hose. It is an easy fix if you remove the driver's seat and that little curtain and then pull the slide in about half way.

One thing to do when it is raining, is to pull the slide in in steps. This gives the rain time to run off instead of staying on the slide. If you have the rear slide,there is a trough across the entire length of the slide and by pulling in the slide all at once, the trough over flows and out onto the carpet.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by funjnt View Post
Hi everyone. We have a new to us 2000 CC Allure #30476. It is in excellent shape although I have noticed a wet spot on the floor at the corner of the slide. The weather striping looks like it needs replaced. Has anyone done this? I had a local guy look at it and he said the box may need to be removed and I don't want to go that route if not needed. I have the seal from CC and just want to know if there are any special tricks.

Thanks.
Get a different guy. The slide does not have to be removed to replace the seals.
birdhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:40 AM   #6

Thanks.

Hey all thanks for the info. First off thanks for the compliment on the CC Allure. We love this thing. Got it out of Arizona basically and for us east coasters, has literally no rust. I have never seen something so rust free. Downside, caps and one section have clear coat peeling but, would rather deal with this than rust. I have a another question on ride height but will address that later, seems to run low. Anyway, love this coach can't believe what a rig we got for the price.

I didn't know about bringing the slide in in steps to keep water out. That isn't what we are experiencing but will do this when it is wet out, thanks for the tip. I have the old seals out already and now need to put new ones in. Not rocket science but looks to be a little tough. I will post when done and let all know how it goes.

J
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, seal, slide