Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPink View Post
Great idea, willing to rally with other Concept owners. I have a 1998 Concept and will be leaving for Oregon soon. My location is Omaha NE.
I am open to a rally as well, we love Colorado! Did you also just pick your rig up in Oregon? Pics are mandatory on this thread!lol

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2014, 08:04 AM   #16

Not sure what you mean , but for most of us, doing a lot of the light repairs and maintance is all part of living on a coach, or a boat, which I did for years., and yes we were off the grid so to speak as I seldom visit RV parks. At home here in Marquette, no, we are on the grid, but you do no have to go far to be off the grid. My house is at the end of the power lines, so far.

I have yet to finish the gap on the main Tv replace, these are the fun things, that you can do while sitting or standing. At 73 I like to think I am past laying down on the job ....lol.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondalee View Post
I am open to a rally as well, we love Colorado! Did you also just pick your rig up in Oregon? Pics are mandatory on this thread!lol
No this Concept was built and shipped to a CC Dealer in California and ended up in the Eastern Seaboard States. We bought it thru a private party in KY. We just arrived in Hood River OR yesterday and are enjoying the local flavor. The Concept performed beautifully thru the mountains.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #18

Regardless , your coach is almost home again. Are you going to CC ? What interior do you have ?
Old 08-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Regardless , your coach is almost home again. Are you going to CC ? What interior do you have ?
No time on this trip to see the folks at CC.

Interior, I believe the Omega?
Old 08-04-2014, 09:47 PM   #20

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Omega designation referred to the 45' Concept, and Alpha to the 40' Concept.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Omega designation referred to the 45' Concept, and Alpha to the 40' Concept.
Correct , all 45 ft CCC vehicles are " Omega". I have never seen a 40' second generation " Alpha" unit., not to say they are out there ether. There was 4 different choices of seating configurations. Very few options, however many different interior" designs" with matching materials. Vitricor cabinetry was optional as was bus armor , or so the factory sales lit. Indicates.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:36 PM   #22

A view/question from the cheap (Well, cheaper!) seats...

We're heading into the Junction City 'Mother Ship Area' of RV's and CC. Going to stop and meet CCI, OMC, Davis Cabinets & Premier (And if time permits a few others and at least drop by shop to meet and shake the hand of Kevin Waite.).

Part of the reason for this three or four days, is to start relationships to do some ROM estimates on costs to modify our coach to our desired configuration, and paint scheme.

I'll do a spread sheet on costs, and then I'll compare this to what I could reasonably expect to get for the coach if I were to sale + the costs of those upgrades, and see what other coaches may cost us. Basically trying to decide if a higher end coach, even if a few years older, is about the same costs as what we'd end up spending for a paint job, cabinet work, carpets, TV and Stereo upgrades, and most probably a 'chipped engine'. (The real hard part for us, is we don't like what the DW calls 'Glitz' of most of the Higher End coaches we've seen. (Not a slam at all, it's all about what people want. We're 'meat & potatoes' on interiors!) And, the DW picked this coach due to it's galley cabinet and counter space.)

So, my question within this post. I respect the lines of the Concept's, and the mechanical portion meets my one 'wish I had a bigger engine' desire then the Allures ISL370 (Thus the comment about possible 'chipping'.). (Please hang on as I ramble, as I do have a question.). Do the higher end Concepts (Affinities, Magna's) require more frequent repairs, for all the extra 'goodies' they contain?

For example, I test drove a Magna that had many of our 'Must Have's'. I saw in the documentation of receipts the owner let me look over, that he had replaced the electronic dashboard two times, at above $1K hit each time. It's these kinds of extra 'goodies' in the higher end coches, that has me wondering.

If, any of you can understand my question, please share your thoughts. I suppose it comes down to asking 'Do higher end coaches cost more, and require more, fixing of goodies?'

Best to all,
Smitty
04 Allure 40' ISL370 'High Cascade' model

Note: No way was I trying to slam or be disrespectful to Magna, Concept, Affinity owners - really respect these coaches from both the mechanical, materials and the 'craft' of the builders involved!
Old 08-05-2014, 11:24 PM   #23

I understand and share some of your concerns, we are also looking at getting a newer CC coach. While some Affinitys and Magnas may exhibit the "glitz" you talk about, others are more muted in finish--it is all up to what the original owners wanted.
As far as added cost, certainly more expensive coaches will have more expensive components. But keep in mind that engines, transmissions, generators and many of the appliances are pretty bulletproof and will probably outlast all of us owners. While bigger engines will take more oil, more expensive filters etc., suspensions have heavier-duty components, those added maintenance expenses IMO will be minimal compared to the cost and depreciation of the coach. Electrical/electronics systems are what concerns me the most. As an example, one 2006 Affinity I looked at had one of the two inverters replaced at a cost of $8,000. A smaller coach will typically have only one inverter. Electrical/electronic issues are much harder to resolve--I speak from experience! And high-line coaches will have more, and more complicated electrical/electronics systems.
Starting in 2008, CC standardized tire sizes on Allures on up, so that will be a wash. While tire wear on a heavier coach may be more, tires on a coach will age out long before they wear out.
Fuel use will be more on a heavier coach with a bigger engine, you may lose 1-2 MPG in a bigger coach.
Regardless of which coach you choose, you will need to spend a good chunk of cash down the road to keep it on the road, it just comes with the territory!

Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote