Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #1

Country Coach Concept owners

Hello all , I have left the Monaco fold , jumped ship so to speak and purchased a 1998 Concept. My thinking at this point is to make contact with all CCC owners . I am sure everyone could benefit from those who have the rare Concept and the experiences of ownership. Besides , I would like to think maybe we all could meet as a group somewhere, sometimes, I would be willing to start a roster of all Concepts out there . Let's here from all who own this great coach.....thank you !

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
My CCC

Hi their, I have had my concept for about 6 months now and just love it! I am still getting familiar with mine as it is my first MH. There is so much to learn but I am enjoying it so far. At this point I cannot imagine ever wanting any thing else not that I could afford a newer one with this quality.
Where are you from? I think a CCC rally would be great! We could even allow other CC owners to join us as long as they don't get to jealous.LOL
Let's see some pics!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	354.7 KB
ID:	69100  

Old 07-26-2014, 03:28 PM   #3

Almost forgot

I forgot to say, I'm from mid missouri.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #4

Or you guys can take your great-looking coaches to one of the upcoming rallies and show them off. Other CC owners would love to have you come to one of the CC rallies. Country Coach International has a rally 4-9 Nov this year in Branson, MO, and Country Coach Texans will have a rally 15-18 Oct in Mineola, TX. Good folks who would enjoy meeting you and see your coaches.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:25 AM   #5

All great ideas, I only know one friend that has a CC , I think it is a Magana. I am trying to attach a photo here....?
I hale from upper Michigan, Marquette. We just bought our concept 2 weeks ago in Junction City,Or. CC factory complex.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	97
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	69134  
Old 07-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
All great ideas, I only know one friend that has a CC , I think it is a Magana. I am trying to attach a photo here....?
I hale from upper Michigan, Marquette. We just bought our concept 2 weeks ago in Junction City,Or. CC factory complex.
That's very nice and I am going to need to see a lot more pics!LOL
My wife and I have been talking about making a trip to upper Michigan. We understand it is very pretty.
The Country coach rally in Branson is going to be a must I am going to look forward to that! My wife can't help but to smile when I say going to a RV rally as we have been riding motor cycles for many years and have gone many many bike rally's. I would really look forward to learning from others with some expereance with diesel pushers.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:51 AM   #7

Ya, it's beautiful up here, like no other place in North America.....we are two miles beyond where the roads run out and the wilderness begins, most like it that way! My trip to Oregon took 2 weeks and 5,000 miles , all for picking up our Concept, totally worth it and for the added vacation to see the Redwoods and Oregon coastline......us Yoopers DO leave the north woods sometimes .............I will try to get more pics up on the Concept.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Ya, it's beautiful up here, like no other place in North America.....we are two miles beyond where the roads run out and the wilderness begins, most like it that way! My trip to Oregon took 2 weeks and 5,000 miles , all for picking up our Concept, totally worth it and for the added vacation to see the Redwoods and Oregon coastline......us Yoopers DO leave the north woods sometimes .............I will try to get more pics up on the Concept.
I just love the red woods, I have always wanted to wake up and see them first thing in the morning. So your rig was completly gone over at the factory? Did it bring it back to new condition ?
What engine dose it have? Did they go over all the systems and maintenance with you?
I thought about the second generation concept but I love the wood work of the first generation.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #9

Pic

Pug came with rig.lol
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	91
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	69164  
Old 07-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #10

I bought mine from Premier Coach who is made up of old CC people, they work on lots of high end coaches as well as consignments which mine was.They are very picky as to consignments, if the said coach is not 100 per cent ready and all items work then they woun't take it or they will update whatever it needs. It's like buying a certified used car from a new car dealer, everything is required to be in good condition. Premier rents a large part of the factory from CC. We were there 5 days getting things to our satisfaction , including new electric tolit, flat screens and Sat install. It was obvious they had spent a lot of hours polishing the stainless. Interior is like new, always stored in heated garage. It's a great coach, we are very happy,considering it was purchased over the phone,so to speak.

All the Second gen Concepts have a Detroit 60 series 500 hp engine . We had little problems towing our Yukon Xl over the Mtns., never knew it was behind me.This is a real bus, lots of bus features even air ride seat it's 45 ' wt. is 46,000 as it sits Gcwr is way over 50,000. Everything electronic is digital with your choice of 3 different dash read outs. We wanted modern interior,so this was about the only game around for us outside of a Prevost which was out of my under 100,000 price range.It was over 600,000 new, each one has a custom paint job, all are different.Mine was on the orig. sales book cover. It's a good thing not everyone wanted custom Lam interiors as the price would be even more. I have no problems with wood thought. My house is modern , no wood , so why not my second home ?
Old 07-27-2014, 02:44 PM   #11

Yours looks in great cond. Walnut9 interior? Eatherway first gen. Or second, these are special coaches with that classic look that's so hard to find these days with all the expanse of glass to look threw and replace lol. Give me a bus any day over almost any of the new stuff out there........and for a lot less money !!!
Old 07-27-2014, 05:50 PM   #12

Great idea, willing to rally with other Concept owners. I have a 1998 Concept and will be leaving for Oregon soon. My location is Omaha NE.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #13

That's great, what is your coach number? I see your stainless is painted, interesting .first one I've seen .
Old 07-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #14

Quote:
I bought mine from Premier Coach who is made up of old CC people, they work on lots of high end coaches as well as consignments which mine was.They are very picky as to consignments, if the said coach is not 100 per cent ready and all items work then they woun't take it or they will update whatever it needs. It's like buying a certified used car from a new car dealer, everything is required to be in good condition. Premier rents a large part of the factory from CC. We were there 5 days getting things to our satisfaction , including new electric tolit, flat screens and Sat install. It was obvious they had spent a lot of hours polishing the stainless. Interior is like new, always stored in heated garage. It's a great coach, we are very happy,considering it was purchased over the phone,so to speak.

All the Second gen Concepts have a Detroit 60 series 500 hp engine . We had little problems towing our Yukon Xl over the Mtns., never knew it was behind me.This is a real bus, lots of bus features even air ride seat it's 45 ' wt. is 46,000 as it sits Gcwr is way over 50,000. Everything electronic is digital with your choice of 3 different dash read outs. We wanted modern interior,so this was about the only game around for us outside of a Prevost which was out of my under 100,000 price range.It was over 600,000 new, each one has a custom paint job, all are different.Mine was on the orig. sales book cover. It's a good thing not everyone wanted custom Lam interiors as the price would be even more. I have no problems with wood thought. My house is modern , no wood , so why not my second home ?
That's great when you can have someone else fix and twik what ever you want
I am always trying to get the very best price and end up fixing stuff my self.
Mine did not need a hole lot, I just up graded to flat screen tvs ,a 32" in the front and a 22" in the bedroom. I built a wood insert made of oak hardwood and then mounted the tv to it and I think it came out pretty good. I also had to replace a circuit board that did systems check. The previous owner had told me he thought it needed to be replaced and would cost $1,000. I was pretty proud of myself I found it for $50.00 so I bought two. I have a little advantage on finding some parts because I have done repair work for years.
I would love to see that digital display you were talking about!
At this point I don't know a huge amount about these rigs as I am new to rving and I got lucky finding the concept. I like to buy older stuff that was top of the line in its day.
You said you are in the woods, are you off grid? I am working on getting off grid.
I'm planning on adding some solar on top of my rig as I'm not much for park living.