Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #1

My wife, Michelle,and I would very much welcome some advice from you wise Country Coach folks out there

Sometime during this next year, we intend to purchase new a 42/43' rear bath floorplan diesel pusher - which we will to drive East Coast to West Coast, do some touring along the way. and then live full time in the motorhome while we acquire some land and oversee the building of a new home there (probably in the Russian River Valley area, Sonoma County, Northern California). This could be a two year process.

A rear bath Country Coach Inspire (43 Venice) is on the shortlist of motorhomes that seem to fit our needs. Also on our radar screen (in alphabetical order not preference ranking) are the 42/43' rear bath versions of the: American Coach Allegiance, Beaver Contessa, Fleetwod Revolution, Holiday Rambler Scepter, Monaco Camelot, Newmar Dutch Aire, Tiffin Phaeton (and would be too a Tiffin Allegro Bus if they choose to come out with a rear bath plan).

We would be most grateful to hear from any of you (as briefly as you like) why you might consider the Country Coach Inspire the best choice to make, or equally why others on the list might be poor choices. As well as product and service matters, given the current state of the RV industry and prospectively the broader economy, we are also naturally concerned about the financial health and business stability of some of today's participants.

Many thanks for any input you can share with us.

Hugh & Michelle Dickinson
Currently Nantucket 'wash ashores'
2009 42/43' rear bath DP TBD
1965 RHD Morris Minor Traveller
Two English Springer Spaniels, One Maine Coon cat

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #2

My wife, Michelle,and I would very much welcome some advice from you wise Country Coach folks out there

Sometime during this next year, we intend to purchase new a 42/43' rear bath floorplan diesel pusher - which we will to drive East Coast to West Coast, do some touring along the way. and then live full time in the motorhome while we acquire some land and oversee the building of a new home there (probably in the Russian River Valley area, Sonoma County, Northern California). This could be a two year process.

A rear bath Country Coach Inspire (43 Venice) is on the shortlist of motorhomes that seem to fit our needs. Also on our radar screen (in alphabetical order not preference ranking) are the 42/43' rear bath versions of the: American Coach Allegiance, Beaver Contessa, Fleetwod Revolution, Holiday Rambler Scepter, Monaco Camelot, Newmar Dutch Aire, Tiffin Phaeton (and would be too a Tiffin Allegro Bus if they choose to come out with a rear bath plan).

We would be most grateful to hear from any of you (as briefly as you like) why you might consider the Country Coach Inspire the best choice to make, or equally why others on the list might be poor choices. As well as product and service matters, given the current state of the RV industry and prospectively the broader economy, we are also naturally concerned about the financial health and business stability of some of today's participants.

Many thanks for any input you can share with us.

Hugh & Michelle Dickinson
Currently Nantucket 'wash ashores'
2009 42/43' rear bath DP TBD
1965 RHD Morris Minor Traveller
Two English Springer Spaniels, One Maine Coon cat

Old 10-15-2008, 02:29 AM   #3

That coach with a Cummins engine would be on my short list also. I really like the floor plan. I do not own a CC but I believe they build a quality unit.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:36 AM   #4

Thanks, ms911.

Hugh
Old 10-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hugh,

To better compare "Apples to Apples" you need to consider the American Tradition and the Tiffin Zephyr. They are more in the same class coach as the CC Inspire. Rumor has it that Tiffin will have an Allegro Bus 1 1/2 out in January. Bob has not called me directly on that so do not put it in bank. I like my Phaeton, but I'm the first to recognize that it does not have the amenities found in a coach like the Inspire, Tradition or Zephyr. Happy Hunting
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:24 AM   #6

Thanks, Jim - Zephyr is only 45' which is more than we want; however, the Tradition I should/will look at as it has several rear bath 42 plans...Hugh
Old 10-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We looked at a Tradition last summer (07) at Lazy Days that had all the goodies just like we would want. It was the only one on their lot we saw that we would even get half way excited about. We did see an American Heritage at Perry this past March that we liked. Way too much money for our pockets. With either one of them we would be hard pressed to give up the known quality and service of our Tiffin built for anything made by Fleetwood, regardless of price.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:54 AM   #8

Thanks, Jim. Must say I too have a concern about Fleetwood given what's happened to their stock price over the last year...Hugh
Old 10-23-2008, 08:53 AM   #9

I have a 06 Inspire and love it. This is our 3rd 40' coach (had Fleetwood and Winnebago before) and wouldn't buy anything else. Drives great. Super factory support on any question. Other than minor cabinet door adjustments and a bad bath fan motor problem in the first 90 days, we've had no problems in over 20K miles. Strongly recommend it.

Also, be sure you're comparing apples to apples. Several coaches you mentioned aren't in the same class (quality and price wise).
Old 10-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #10

Thanks Jim. Yes, I know there is a range there in MSRP of about $100,000. Anyway, I am in the process of putting together a spreadsheet of specs./features across models in order to sort all this out. It is interesting to note how selective the various manufacturers are in what they specify. Newmar and Tiffin are probably the two most straight forward in their published stuff. Newmar, in particular declares 'R' insulating values for its sidewalls, roof, etc.; no one else does...Hugh
Old 10-25-2008, 05:21 AM   #11

I know this is by no means scientific. However, I thought some of you who have viewed or contributed to this topic over the past two weeks might be interested to see a simple consolidated nose count of the number of positive and, in a few cases, negative comments posted on the Eve Community and Yahoo Groups regarding the various competitors/products my wife and I have under consideration:

American Coach (11 positive, 1 negative); Country Coach (13+, 0-); Fleetwood (3+, 2-); Monaco (7+, 0-); Newmar (6+, 1-), Tiffin (35+, 2-)

It is notable that Tiffin has a clear lead in owner 'votes', but maybe this just reflects the relative composition of the various owner groups. Don't know. Any comments or interpretation most welcome....Hugh
Old 10-26-2008, 03:52 AM   #12
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Tiffin coaches are very popular and the shear number of them on the road give higher numbers in poles like this. On the other hand some of the higher end customers may not visit these kinds of websites as much as the rest of us. Maybe they just don't have the time; I don't know! Thanks for the info.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Over the years since 2001 we have owned a Tiffin Phaeton, a Beaver Monterey and a Country Coach Intrigue. My vote is for the Intrigue. It has all of the amenities you could ask for in a traveling home. Heated floors, hydronic heating, dash air and heat that actually work and a very smooth ride. On the occasions where we have needed service, we have been able to go to the factory, a reputable dealer or to the new facility opened by the Lee family in Junction City, Oregon Motorcoach Center.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:12 AM   #14

Updated 'unscientific' survey findings now that a few more weeks have gone by and there are some further posts:

American Coach (27 positive, 1 negative); Country Coach (13+, 5-); Fleetwood (5+, 2-); Monaco (7+, 0-); Newmar (10+, 3-), Tiffin (38+, 5-). Versus two weeks ago, a lot more positive comments have been added in by enthusiastic AC owners; well done and coming up on Tiffin. And a few more negatives for some.

Also, here's some reliable market information to add a further perspective. At the upper end of the Class A DP market (e.g. including Allegro Bus, excluding Phaeton), Monaco currently holds c.35% market share, Tiffin c.20%, Fleetwood, American and Country Coach all in the 10% - 15% bracket, and Newmar close to 10%. Compared with 2005, Monaco, Tiffin, and American Coach have all gained share while Fleetwood, Country Coach and Newmar have all trended down. You can see some of this reflected in the comments of the Owner Forums and Yahoo Groups.

In addition to all I have done in terms of comparative product features, etc., I think how this now shades things in terms of a prospective purchase decision is to put American and Tiffin at the top of the list, with Monaco/Fleetwood hard for me to get product enthusiatic about, and a caution with respect to Country Coach and Newmar re. potential business stability though the products seem attractive

Hugh
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hugh D:
I know this is by no means scientific. However, I thought some of you who have viewed or contributed to this topic over the past two weeks might be interested to see a simple consolidated nose count of the number of positive and, in a few cases, negative comments posted on the Eve Community and Yahoo Groups regarding the various competitors/products my wife and I have under consideration:

American Coach (11 positive, 1 negative); Country Coach (13+, 0-); Fleetwood (3+, 2-); Monaco (7+, 0-); Newmar (6+, 1-), Tiffin (35+, 2-)

It is notable that Tiffin has a clear lead in owner 'votes', but maybe this just reflects the relative composition of the various owner groups. Don't know. Any comments or interpretation most welcome....Hugh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>