Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #1

Country Coach Service Center Oregon

Would like to know the quality of service at the Country Coach Service Center in Junction City,OR. We have never dealt with them and have serious service issues, Hydronic Heat, Auto Gen failure, front end Alignment, etc. Are we okay to go there for these items? We need to put in another CB radio and was told they haven't put them in since the 90's and we have seen them factory installed on 2009 CC coaches- got us concerned. Thanks for any input.
olyshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
I recommend either Oregon Motorcoach Center :: home Oregon Motorcoach or RV Service - Carrier RV Service Center - Eugene, Oregon Carrier & Sons for coach service. These two places hired the majority of techs from the original CC factory when they went belly up. Excellent work at both places.

For alignment, I recommend Kaiser Brake and Alignment, Inc. Kaiser Brake and Alignment in Eugene. Also excellent work
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #3

I would also 2nd the work at Kaiser Brake and Alignment. They certainly know their stuff.
bmcfaror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #4

I'm with dons2346
I have had work done if you call it that, at Country Coach in Junction City wait that is where I got my coach and that is the last time they get it. I have been back several times to RV Service - Carrier RV Service Center - Eugene, Oregon Carrier & Sons great work and quick I call them up set up a time, I get there a day before or that night just plug in 30A service and they are ready to go at 9am on my coach. The first time 4 days (long list) then 2 days then another 2 days. Hope I good tell next year I have never been to Oregon Motorcoach Center :: home Oregon Motorcoach but they are just down the road about a 1/4 mile.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave 430
I have not had work done at either place mentioned in the other posts, but I did have work done at CC factory. I needed some work done on the coach that would require matching the paint on the coach. I'm extremely happy with the work that was performed. In the sunlight, you could not tell where the newly painted surface was versus the older paint. I also had some minor mechanical work performed and the item was repaired and working now. As in any repair facility, some of us are going to get great service and on those rare occasions we are going to get less then great service.
Dave 430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #6

2Stroker: What specifically were you unhappy with at the CC Service Center? We have some serious work to be performed. Thanks. Olyshed
olyshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyshed View Post
2Stroker: What specifically were you unhappy with at the CC Service Center? We have some serious work to be performed. Thanks. Olyshed
I got my coach on consignment and they did a 125 point inspection on it but did not give me any of the paper work so there was a lot of stuff wrong with it and they new it, I know I should of had inspected so thats on me.
Now to my story,
1.The bedroom slide broken and it leaked real real bad told them to weld the slide and adjust it and fix the SHOT seals well they welded the slide and thats it, still leaked bad, I had to fix the leak and Carries fix the seal and adjusted the slide.
2. They did the Not-So-Cold frig recall before I got it and left some wire off they charrged me to replace the wires 3/4 hr
3. I told them the hot water heater did not work on electric they checked it out said it worked another 3/4 hr still screwed up, had to have Carries fix it new element.
4. Told them to change the trans filters, well I have been a service oil for 36 years and there is not a drop of oil on the trans case or a sign of bolts being removed but I got charged for 2 different oils one Transynd and some other oil. There is no sign of filter charge on my invoice but some of the oil is when they put in the wet PTO. The only thing I can is they did was the wet PTO and new air dryer.
5 The EMS did not work had to fix myself parts off ebay.
6 The black tank had about 4" of some hard stuff in it took me a while to get clean.
7 Acorns top to bottom in both mirrors 1/2 gallon in each, awning full of acorns, up front where the air compresser is located.
8. Over the door awning did not work they said just pop the cover and replace the motor, wrong had Carries replace the motor kind of a hard job.
I know a lot of this is on me but I paid to have a lot of this fixed then it got to the point where they would not return my phone calls, so I moved on. This is a lot different coming from an Alpenlite 5er that we had for 9 years with O problem to a money pit. In 10 months I have dumped $14,000 into this coach thats with getting the car ready to tow but the tow bars came with the coach.
Rear tire flat told me to go the Les Schwab and get it filled
Well this coach only had 17k miles on it so a person would think it would be in better shape, my falt.
There is more but I'm getting tired of typing
The only good thing is it had the new Copper and Steel Radiator in it installed by Quinn Cat in Calif. and I did get the paper work on it.
So it your call.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
laj

boy that's alot wrong for that new of coach.
sorry for your experience
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #9

The service department at Country Coach is superb. You will not find anybody to do better work anywhere. We had a lot of work done on our chassis, and Eric did a great job-- the coach drives much better. You can not go wrong getting your coach worked on at Country Coach.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
The service department at Country Coach is superb. You will not find anybody to do better work anywhere. We had a lot of work done on our chassis, and Eric did a great job-- the coach drives much better. You can not go wrong getting your coach worked on at Country Coach.
CC is getting to be a rip off. On the Yahoo CC forum, a guy said that Ron Lee wanted to charge him $25 just to find out the height of the coach! This was after he had spent a bunch of bucks there
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Yes it is getting more and more difficult to find a good repair service center. I'm very thankful Monaco (not sure who is making the rental payments) Service Center In Coburg, Ore. is still there. VERY HAPPY with their service. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #12

We have been to the Country Coach factory twice and also had them do and send to us some special cabinets. We could not be happier. We went there two summers ago and they fixed a laundry list of issues in four days at a very fair price. Then this past July we went again and our coach was in for two days. They did a very good job this time and again at a fair price. They also took exactly as long as they said they would both times. We also had them make some cabinets for us and send them to us. They work was performed exactly as promised.

They now have about 5-6 electric and water parking sites on the premises + a dump site there. So we made use of that facility this time.

We have also used Kevin Waite who has a mobile repair facility in Junction City. He did great work for us at a fair price.

IMHO motorhomes are complex and specialized vehicles. It is very difficult for any company to have a facility, a stock of parts, competent staff to do the work. Charge enough to stay in business and not so much to drive people away.

We had a LOT of work done on our motorhome by a reputable shop in So California. The Country Coach factory is incomparably better than that shop on quality of work, timely completion, price charged, competent staff. Our plan is to automatically make a swing by the Junction City factory sometime during the year to get our regular maintenance and other work done.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
CC is getting to be a rip off. On the Yahoo CC forum, a guy said that Ron Lee wanted to charge him $25 just to find out the height of the coach! This was after he had spent a bunch of bucks there
$25 at shop rate is less than 15 minutes working. Seems it would take that long to get the coach to a place you can measure the height--pretty reasonable. Why do people think they are entitled to something for nothing!
There is noone else in the world that has the intellectual property from the bankrupt Country Coach corporation or the fiberglass forms for our Country Coaches. Keeping Ron Lee in business benefits all Country Coach owners!
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #14

My coach has a pictogram of the coach with height on the dash right in front of me. 12' 7". Know things are getting low when one of my three front antenna hits. Peralko is right. I want CC to stay in business so I can get them to do work for me and send me parts when I need them. In my testimonial a post or two up I forget to add how helpful the Country Coach factory was in general and Doug Beaudry specifically when my intercooler started leaking bad in the mountains north of Los Angeles. He gave me an assessment of what he thought was wrong on the phone at no charge. Then he sourced the part. It was an expensive part. The intercooler. And keep this in mind. Quinn Cat in Bakersfield (who did a fabulous job on my motor by the way. They took made it run better than it ever has. I wrote them a letter and asked them if they left Superman under the hood, it was so much faster.), their shop manager said, "I can get that part cheaper than CC". He called around and Country Coach was at the same level of price.

CC got the part and shipped it overnight to Bakersfield.

The actual height of your motorhome should be found as follows. I watched the tow truck guy do it. You have a poll with a right angle. Use a measuring tape to see how high your coach is. How high your coach was when it left the factory may not be what it is today. It may have satellite dishes on the top. Fan housings and so on.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service