Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #15

SRH - I don't know if the 2010 Inspire is better than the previous year models. I would have to look at them both and then form an opinion. As far as value. What was the original price? What is the history of the coach. What have similar ones sold for on ebay or ppl, or any other source you can find. The key is what others have paid. Just off the top of my head it sounds like a very good deal. With a three year extended warranty it sounds even better. Of course Country Coach Corp would help. That is their business. And BTW, I have had very good luck with other shops in the Eugene Oregon area for service. Bob Lee has OMC and Kevin Waite has a service shop there.

Steve O - I think when you call Country Coach they answer the phone that way. They likely will do work on other brands. But when I have been there I did not see other brands in their shop. Your comment on the former National Motor home is widely said. When both Country Coach say the year 2000 and National RV in that same year were both going strong they occupied a different level of cost and quality. But a Cummins is the same motor in a CC and a National. My point being that there are a lot of parts used by the two companies that are of the same quality. I have a lot of friends that own National RVs. In general they think pretty highly of them and my own personal opinion is that at their price level National RV made many very good units. At the Rally I am at this weekend we have several gas and a DP National. I had afternoon coffee in the DP. My Affinity leather upholstery is way higher quality than the National. But there is nothing wrong with his upholstery. My upholstery will last longer, but his is OK after 12 years. And he has a Cat C7 and I have a C12. So same brand of motors. The two Dolphins at our rally are gassers and very good motor homes that both have near 100,000 miles on them with little repair. My point being, IMO National was a good brand too. Lower price point than Country Coach. Do I think that National "cheapened" the CC brand. I don't know. I don't have any evidence that says that statement is true.

My final comment would be that I think it is good that Country Coach made many very good motor homes. Ours is a beauty. The only one of our friends whos coach is sort of comparable to ours is the Foretravel. Theirs is a 2004 Nimbus and ours is a 2002 Affinity. The build of the two coach is similar. But ours is really nicer. Our exterior paint and interior is a level nicer than theirs. We still both have our maintenance issues. They just got back from TX where they had to go to get their fancy inflating slide seal replaced.

B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #16
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post
SRH - I don't know if the 2010 Inspire is better than the previous year models. I would have to look at them both and then form an opinion. As far as value. What was the original price? What is the history of the coach. What have similar ones sold for on ebay or ppl, or any other source you can find. The key is what others have paid. Just off the top of my head it sounds like a very good deal. With a three year extended warranty it sounds even better. Of course Country Coach Corp would help. That is their business. And BTW, I have had very good luck with other shops in the Eugene Oregon area for service. Bob Lee has OMC and Kevin Waite has a service shop there.
I very much appreciate your thoughts! I have looked at NADA and it lists the low retail at $235.5K. From my limited search, I have not found what they have sold for recently. Perhaps some recent owners would chime in. As far as the history of it, I have asked for the coach details but have not heard anything back. BTW, I called CCC and left a voice mail and I received a call from one of the service reps who had worked for CC LLC for over five years and he is now with CCC. He commented on most of my questions, but I would rather hear from people on the forum like yourself.
Regards,

Old 02-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #17
laj

Srh, since its a 2010 you may want to try to find out who built it. Several of that yr. we're sold at the bankruptcy auction as unfinished units, to various people. That can also determine the quality of the unit.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Those sold as parts cannot be labeled Country Coach. There is nothing wrong with a 2010 Inspire. In fact, there is nothing wrong with any 2010 CC.

If I were you, I would sign up for the Yahoo Country Coach groups. and ask some of your questions there. You will find more owners of different models and will get much better info.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #19
laj

I know where 2 are that were completed as CC's.
several were sold in various stages of completion as well as new completed ones that weren't sold.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #20
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
Srh, since its a 2010 you may want to try to find out who built it. Several of that yr. we're sold at the bankruptcy auction as unfinished units, to various people. That can also determine the quality of the unit.
Thanks for all the thoughts. At this point all I know is that the coach was built in June of 2009.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #21
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Those sold as parts cannot be labeled Country Coach. There is nothing wrong with a 2010 Inspire. In fact, there is nothing wrong with any 2010 CC.

If I were you, I would sign up for the Yahoo Country Coach groups. and ask some of your questions there. You will find more owners of different models and will get much better info.
Thanks, great suggestion!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #22

Motorhomes of Texas has a 2010(2009?) 43' Allure for sale. It has a bath and a half, and they have several specs on their web site. I thought it was interesting that it had a 500+hp engine.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
I believe you are correct about the building being owned by the Lee family. During the sale to National and private investor buy back, the Lee family leased the building that was the CC assembly building back to who ever owned CC at the time.

I'm sure the building says Country Coach because the Lees bought the name and I really doubt that the name was ever off the building. The business the Lees opened is a motorhomes service and remodel facility specializing in coaches built by the old Country Coach. They do work on other brands however. There have been stories of a rebirth of CC as a coach builder ever since the current business opened.

I hope it happens at some point because CC built a very good chassis and some very fine coaches in the years before National took them down by benign neglect. I'm sure the Lees are watching the current state of the motorhome market to gauge when it would be an acceptable risk.
Country Coach is not owned by the "Lee family". It is owned by Ron Lee, Bob Lee has no part in it--he has his own repair shop which I'm told have many former CC empoyees working in it and can reportedly do good work on many brands of coaches. Unfortunately there is a great deal of animosity between the brothers, that I'm sure each of them will be happy to elaborate on. I think it's sad, but sometimes such things happen in a family.