Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-01-2016, 04:29 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 8
Question Country Coach value when we want to sell

We have a 2000 Country Coach Magna Millenium Special Edition. I looked in Nada and didn't see a way to add the "Special Millenium Edition" to get its true value for resale. Any ideas how I can get an idea of its selling value?
__________________

__________________
harelmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
cruzbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Oroville, CA
Posts: 1,679
The NADA site allows you to pick 'standard equipment' and or optional equipment to come up with a value. See if you can add all the standard equipment and options you have one by one, that should allow you to come close.
Good luck!
__________________

__________________
Bill, Kathi and Zorro; '05 Beaver Patriot Thunder
2012 Sunnybrook Harmony 21FBS (SQEZINN)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
cruzbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:20 PM   #3
Community Moderator
 
barmcd's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,394
This far down the road it probably doesn't add much value to the coach. People that would buy your coach are like me, looking for a high quality older coach that we can buy without investing a whole lot of money. We don't know anything about special models of these coaches except what is in the brochure, when available, and NADA.
__________________
barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:36 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Redding
Posts: 3,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by harelmover View Post
We have a 2000 Country Coach Magna Millenium Special Edition. I looked in Nada and didn't see a way to add the "Special Millenium Edition" to get its true value for resale. Any ideas how I can get an idea of its selling value?
True Value is when your buyer is willing to fork over the cash..

NADA is not of much value as it is the result of a mathematical calculation. Nada RV Values are not based on reported transactions like the automobile values.

I believe PPL Consignments and Ebay have lists of sold prices that can be accessed.
__________________
Dean
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:48 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Mr_D's Avatar
 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 28,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
The NADA site allows you to pick 'standard equipment' and or optional equipment to come up with a value. See if you can add all the standard equipment and options you have one by one, that should allow you to come close.
Good luck!
All NADA values give are for the coach with it's standard equipment. So don't add for slides, etc if the standard unit came with them.
You can add for a larger engine, AquaHot if not standard, tile floor, heated tile floor, all electric etc.


The cash value at sale time is what you and the buyer are satisfied with, nothing more. The value of a special trim package is probably not much over standard value.
__________________
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '14 CR-V
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:28 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
John Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Oregon
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
True Value is when your buyer is willing to fork over the cash..

NADA is not of much value as it is the result of a mathematical calculation. Nada RV Values are not based on reported transactions like the automobile values.

I believe PPL Consignments and Ebay have lists of sold prices that can be accessed.
That is so true. I remember my Dad saying, "Something is only worth what you can sell it for"
__________________
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:51 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
dons2346's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,477
NADA sucks when it comes time to value a coach. Previous sales will help determine the value
__________________
Don
2002 Country Coach Intrigue
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:04 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 101
Kudos an adding "standard equipment" value if it came standard on the coach. You can only add options that were true extras that were paid up grades. Too many people with the higher end coaches want to add for slide outs,awnings, inverters and things that were standard equipment. Would be great if you had the "window sticker" to see what extras come with it and what is special about your package over others.
__________________
2000 Country Coach Magna 36' C-10 385hp Cat
waternut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:25 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
mike brez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Milford,CT.
Posts: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by waternut View Post
Kudos an adding "standard equipment" value if it came standard on the coach. You can only add options that were true extras that were paid up grades. Too many people with the higher end coaches want to add for slide outs,awnings, inverters and things that were standard equipment. Would be great if you had the "window sticker" to see what extras come with it and what is special about your package over others.

Call here with your coach number and for a few bucks you can get the "window sticker" aka build sheet.(541) 234-2167 ext. 8002 mariat@countrycoach.com www.countrycoach.com

We were looking at a 2000 Millenium and asked around to see what the differance was. I think the differance is the Millenium sticker near the front door.
__________________
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:54 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,492
I will give you $100.00. ...

Really it is worth only what someone will pay.

Check out raposo site as they have a lot of details regarding equipment.

It likely was a special edition just fancy name to match the time and a handful of options were included.

Use ebay and other online resources to determine comparable units to broaden the comparable units then pick a price then add a bit.

You can always drop the price but not raise it.

NADA is just one of many tools that estimate the value for banks to loan.

It just uses depreciation calculations from new and maybe market but not sure.

Using eBay and noting the sold price gives better idea as that is a sale.

Many folks in yard and estate sales print out an auction page from eBay and place it next to their overpriced item claiming it is worth some high amount as they are selling for some amount on ebay.

Huge difference between for sale at x.xx than sold for y.yy!

Plus listed only could be questionable where actual sold more legitimate.

Confirm all possible manufacturer issues like radiator pto and other items that causes worry and document if corrected.
__________________
Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:28 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 500
Have owned my coach now for a year. It took me almost 2 years to find the right coach. During my search I found that book value wasn't the driving factor for prices, but more important was the condition of the coach. Identical makes and models would be priced 30k or more difference.

At first I was only looking at the ones with lower prices, and I will tell you that I walked into some pretty nasty coaches, and most of those were at dealers.

I ended up paying 15k over book value on mine, but it was an extremely cared for coach. I believe you have to do your research on not only what others are asking for, but the condition of those as well.
__________________
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:07 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
mike brez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Milford,CT.
Posts: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
Have owned my coach now for a year. It took me almost 2 years to find the right coach. During my search I found that book value wasn't the driving factor for prices, but more important was the condition of the coach. Identical makes and models would be priced 30k or more difference.

At first I was only looking at the ones with lower prices, and I will tell you that I walked into some pretty nasty coaches, and most of those were at dealers.

I ended up paying 15k over book value on mine, but it was an extremely cared for coach. I believe you have to do your research on not only what others are asking for, but the condition of those as well.

X2 I did the same thing looking at all the lower priced ones hoping for that great deal I'm always hearing about. I paid book value with newer tires and what appeared to be a good coach.
__________________
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:46 AM   #13
Community Moderator
 
barmcd's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,394
Great minds must think alike!. We've looked at a lot of coaches since November and found prices all over the place. We naturally looked at the lower priced ones first and found that most had issues that we didn't want to deal with. Water leaks, mold, and bad smells.


Except for the consignment lots, the coaches on dealer lots were the worst. PPL in Texas has a lot of bad coaches on their lots. You see them because the bad ones stay a long time and the good ones go quickly. Dealers around here seem to have a lot of auction units.


The coaches for sale by owners tended to be in better condition, but it isn't always easy to find them. I'd say the 50% of the listings on craigslist were scams. We finally found a good coach, in good condition at less than NADA average retail and are working through a deal now.


Research, research, research! Price it according to it's condition and you'll sell it quickly.
__________________
barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:00 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
mike brez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Milford,CT.
Posts: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
Research, research, research! Price it according to it's condition and you'll sell it quickly.

I sold my PaceArrow that I had for 14 years on craigslist. I put the ad up on a Sunday night fella came Monday to look at it and did not even take it for a ride and purchased for full asking price.
__________________

__________________
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Country Coach, no where to go. darstar Bus Conversions 59 03-07-2016 05:32 PM
Country Coach Freedom 20 Charger (1997) mharner Class A Motorhome Discussions 7 05-17-2015 03:24 PM
Country Coach or American Coach or Alpine Coach Troys66 Class A Motorhome Discussions 14 01-04-2015 07:38 PM
Country Coach - Is this a quality used coach? cucotx Country Coach Owners Forum 20 04-19-2014 06:44 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.