Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2016, 03:29 PM   #1

Question Country Coach value when we want to sell

We have a 2000 Country Coach Magna Millenium Special Edition. I looked in Nada and didn't see a way to add the "Special Millenium Edition" to get its true value for resale. Any ideas how I can get an idea of its selling value?
harelmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2016, 03:42 PM   #2

The NADA site allows you to pick 'standard equipment' and or optional equipment to come up with a value. See if you can add all the standard equipment and options you have one by one, that should allow you to come close.
Good luck!
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
This far down the road it probably doesn't add much value to the coach. People that would buy your coach are like me, looking for a high quality older coach that we can buy without investing a whole lot of money. We don't know anything about special models of these coaches except what is in the brochure, when available, and NADA.
barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:36 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by harelmover View Post
We have a 2000 Country Coach Magna Millenium Special Edition. I looked in Nada and didn't see a way to add the "Special Millenium Edition" to get its true value for resale. Any ideas how I can get an idea of its selling value?
True Value is when your buyer is willing to fork over the cash..

NADA is not of much value as it is the result of a mathematical calculation. Nada RV Values are not based on reported transactions like the automobile values.

I believe PPL Consignments and Ebay have lists of sold prices that can be accessed.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:48 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
The NADA site allows you to pick 'standard equipment' and or optional equipment to come up with a value. See if you can add all the standard equipment and options you have one by one, that should allow you to come close.
Good luck!
All NADA values give are for the coach with it's standard equipment. So don't add for slides, etc if the standard unit came with them.
You can add for a larger engine, AquaHot if not standard, tile floor, heated tile floor, all electric etc.

The cash value at sale time is what you and the buyer are satisfied with, nothing more. The value of a special trim package is probably not much over standard value.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
True Value is when your buyer is willing to fork over the cash..

NADA is not of much value as it is the result of a mathematical calculation. Nada RV Values are not based on reported transactions like the automobile values.

I believe PPL Consignments and Ebay have lists of sold prices that can be accessed.
That is so true. I remember my Dad saying, "Something is only worth what you can sell it for"
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:51 PM   #7

NADA sucks when it comes time to value a coach. Previous sales will help determine the value
Old 02-02-2016, 04:04 AM   #8

Kudos an adding "standard equipment" value if it came standard on the coach. You can only add options that were true extras that were paid up grades. Too many people with the higher end coaches want to add for slide outs,awnings, inverters and things that were standard equipment. Would be great if you had the "window sticker" to see what extras come with it and what is special about your package over others.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by waternut View Post
Kudos an adding "standard equipment" value if it came standard on the coach. You can only add options that were true extras that were paid up grades. Too many people with the higher end coaches want to add for slide outs,awnings, inverters and things that were standard equipment. Would be great if you had the "window sticker" to see what extras come with it and what is special about your package over others.

Call here with your coach number and for a few bucks you can get the "window sticker" aka build sheet.(541) 234-2167 ext. 8002 mariat@countrycoach.com www.countrycoach.com

We were looking at a 2000 Millenium and asked around to see what the differance was. I think the differance is the Millenium sticker near the front door.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:54 AM   #10

I will give you $100.00. ...

Really it is worth only what someone will pay.

Check out raposo site as they have a lot of details regarding equipment.

It likely was a special edition just fancy name to match the time and a handful of options were included.

Use ebay and other online resources to determine comparable units to broaden the comparable units then pick a price then add a bit.

You can always drop the price but not raise it.

NADA is just one of many tools that estimate the value for banks to loan.

It just uses depreciation calculations from new and maybe market but not sure.

Using eBay and noting the sold price gives better idea as that is a sale.

Many folks in yard and estate sales print out an auction page from eBay and place it next to their overpriced item claiming it is worth some high amount as they are selling for some amount on ebay.

Huge difference between for sale at x.xx than sold for y.yy!

Plus listed only could be questionable where actual sold more legitimate.

Confirm all possible manufacturer issues like radiator pto and other items that causes worry and document if corrected.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:28 AM   #11

Have owned my coach now for a year. It took me almost 2 years to find the right coach. During my search I found that book value wasn't the driving factor for prices, but more important was the condition of the coach. Identical makes and models would be priced 30k or more difference.

At first I was only looking at the ones with lower prices, and I will tell you that I walked into some pretty nasty coaches, and most of those were at dealers.

I ended up paying 15k over book value on mine, but it was an extremely cared for coach. I believe you have to do your research on not only what others are asking for, but the condition of those as well.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
Have owned my coach now for a year. It took me almost 2 years to find the right coach. During my search I found that book value wasn't the driving factor for prices, but more important was the condition of the coach. Identical makes and models would be priced 30k or more difference.

At first I was only looking at the ones with lower prices, and I will tell you that I walked into some pretty nasty coaches, and most of those were at dealers.

I ended up paying 15k over book value on mine, but it was an extremely cared for coach. I believe you have to do your research on not only what others are asking for, but the condition of those as well.

X2 I did the same thing looking at all the lower priced ones hoping for that great deal I'm always hearing about. I paid book value with newer tires and what appeared to be a good coach.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:46 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Great minds must think alike!. We've looked at a lot of coaches since November and found prices all over the place. We naturally looked at the lower priced ones first and found that most had issues that we didn't want to deal with. Water leaks, mold, and bad smells.

Except for the consignment lots, the coaches on dealer lots were the worst. PPL in Texas has a lot of bad coaches on their lots. You see them because the bad ones stay a long time and the good ones go quickly. Dealers around here seem to have a lot of auction units.

The coaches for sale by owners tended to be in better condition, but it isn't always easy to find them. I'd say the 50% of the listings on craigslist were scams. We finally found a good coach, in good condition at less than NADA average retail and are working through a deal now.

Research, research, research! Price it according to it's condition and you'll sell it quickly.
barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:00 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
Research, research, research! Price it according to it's condition and you'll sell it quickly.

I sold my PaceArrow that I had for 14 years on craigslist. I put the ad up on a Sunday night fella came Monday to look at it and did not even take it for a ride and purchased for full asking price.