Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #1

We are considering the purchase of a new 2008 Crane Prairie. We are fully aware of CC's financial situation -- the price reflects this.

But we love the floorplan, we believe CC builds (built?) quality RVs, and so we are interested in this RV.

My question is, apart from concerns about warranty, what can any owners of Crane Prairies tells us about their experience with this model? Do you like it? Do you wish something was different? Do you wish you had ordered it with or without some option?

Any opinions are welcomed as we decide on this purchase.

Ken Gluckman
Ken Gluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2009, 11:34 AM   #2

I don't own one but that is my dream coach.
ms911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #3

We bought a 09 Crane Prairie in July of last year and love everything about it. We're currently using it for a month long trip in Eastern Washington. CC put the tank sensor panel in a strange location, need to jump over the king bed if rear slides are closed. Wish we had added the dishwasher, can probably be added at any time but with the CC situation it would likely be tough to match up with a wood panel. 52 inch TV is a bit overpowering at times but bigger is better right!

Call me on my cell 604-202-8705 if you'd like to chat.
Triboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #4

Hello, thought I would weigh in on your crane prarie potential purchase. I use to build them and do the dash's along with alot of the cabinets and rear closet door that opens and slides into the cabinet. I think they are a nice coach but have a couple draw backs in my opinion. First, the midship tv. Its big, but you can't watch it when the slide is in. Cuts half of it off, so you are forced to go to the bedroom. Second, I love the little bathroom which is nice when you are on the drive and need to stop real quick. The wardrobe closet in the bathroom close to shower really doesn't make that much sense to me. You take a nice hot shower and over time those 75" doors will tend to warp with the moisture and constant change in temperature. And your clothes in the closet, wouldn't they get a little steamy? Not to mention the brains of the coach, the intellitec system, all the brain boards are in that closet. I always argued with engineering over this,never did win that battle.I think adding more cedar paneling in that area would greatly help. But overall its a nice coach with some great options. And if you or anyone ever have any problems with the closet door not working right, I can help, Its a tricky setup. And Triboy, adding a dishwasher wouldn't be that hard at all. I can get material to match the wood paneling and blending the wood together. I would imagine you have a light cherry coach, so it would take some time for it to all blend together, but at least you would have a dishwasher. I work at a RV service center in Albany, Oregon now, so if you are interested one of these days, give me and email.
clb250ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #5

Thanks clb250ford, we may be heading through your area in the fall and might just take you up on your offer.

Graeme
Triboy is offline   Reply With Quote