Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Curious Questions for CC owners who bought them new

It is not uncommon to read on any of the owners forums of new coaches from even the 'higher end' manufacturers being delivered with what I call just plain stupid problems related to poor QC, etc. The list of things people describe seem endless and, IMO, should have been caught with some conscientious factory inspection. Even Entegra, which seems to have one of most loyal followings and touts a commitment to quality, delivers a coach that has to be taken back to the factory early on. Similar stories for Winnebago, Tiffin, and perhaps less with Newmar.

So my curious question for anyone here who bought their CC new; how was the coach when you got it? Did CC do a better job of factory PDI and catching issues than others? Did CC in those years while still making coaches have a reputation for sending coaches to dealers with few issues?

I did speak to a nice woman when at CC who said she did post build PDI's on coaches before they left for the dealers. She said she loved the work and, when she found issues, they were fixed before leaving for the dealer. She said their goal in those years was to send a coach out with no problems and she took pride in helping that happen.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
i have the pdi on mine and all records since new. mine went back one time with 1367 miles on it for a very minor issue. other then that there were no issues, or any warranty work done on the coach itself or installed components.

laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
We took factory delivery for a few bux more, I think about $1K. The coach was delivered inside on carpet with a welcome basket of goodies and only 79 miles on the clock. The tech walked us through every system on the coach, took a day and a half for the complete indoctrination. The first night we were put in "Camp Country Coach" complete with with the early train wake up call and then the tech came and we finished the "tour". There were a few things we found which were noted and fixed that same day, none of them serious.

We made an appointment for 2 weeks out to fix anything we found on our 2 week trip to the coast. A guy not to high up in the food chain, but still management, made the appointment and said "see ya in 2 weeks". When we came back, old Jim Rahab acted like he had never laid eyes on us but no problem. Waited an extra day to get into the service department, no big deal, we were in no hurry. Nothing serious, most was operator error and everything was corrected.

Went away again and returned to the factory with 8,000 miles on the coach which now had a fogged bath window and a paint issue on the upper front cap and a vibration in the front end. Se-GI went off the deep end wanting to know how many miles on the coach, when was the window installed, etc. In the end we got a new window finally. The coach went to a paint shop in JC to get the top of the front cap painted. With that done we were sent to Les Schwab where they went through balancing the front tires, replacing a rear wheel, replacing a tire, etc. Had to leave as we had to get back to CA so we could fly to Mazatlan. CC said we could take it a place in CA to get the vibe taken care of. When we returned, CC told us to take in to Colton Truck Terminal in Colton,CA. Took it there and they found a tire that would go out of round at highway speeds. Old grumpy Steve called me at 9PM saying come pick up the coach and I ask if we could come in the morning! Went to pick up the coach and he related the story about the bad tire and calling CC and them wanting to deny coverage because we had driven the coach almost 10,000 miles by then. I am now thinking that I am going to have to lay out almost $300 for a new tire!. He said no problem, I paid for the tire and CC will reimburse me but they won't know when!!

So, a good call for the past CC techs that prepped the coach and a good call out for Colton Truck.

So, here we are now with 115,000 and haven't found anything to trade for
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:32 AM   #4
Sounds like a typical story for a Country Coach. Problem now is new guys like me who would love too buy a used CC can't find very many for sale 😜 I'd love a late 90's 32ft Intrigue, guess all the owners are hiding them and refusing too share 😜 Life ain't fair sometimes.
UncleBilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:30 AM   #5
Originally Posted by UncleBilly View Post
Sounds like a typical story for a Country Coach. Problem now is new guys like me who would love too buy a used CC can't find very many for sale �� I'd love a late 90's 32ft Intrigue, guess all the owners are hiding them and refusing too share �� Life ain't fair sometimes.
When and if you do find a 32 or 34 footer, don't spend a lot of time thinking about it as they do go quick and you will pay a premium. Just camped with a fellow that has a 34 footer with the ISL motor. Coach looks like a million bucks and he isn't selling.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
A rv buddy bought a 2006 Affinity.

He had a punch list of over 100 items to be repaired after 6 months of ownership.

CC actually dedicated a technician for a week to work out many of those items at an Indio RV park.

So QC was lacking on that very complicated rig. Service turned out to be attentive.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:58 PM   #7
I am not the original owner of my 2008 Allure but only a couple of months back after being unhappy with the OTR AC investigation found that the trinary switch had been wired up wrong, so it never worked out of the factory! So much for QI and PDI.

In the UK with;
2008 Allure Sunset Bay
sallylillian is offline   Reply With Quote