Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #43

Larry,
You said you wanted a TV across from the couch that can be raised up. First Affinity I've seen with such an option:

2007 Country Coach Affinity, anaheim CA - - RVtrader.com

Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2014, 08:03 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
Larry,
You said you wanted a TV across from the couch that can be raised up. First Affinity I've seen with such an option:

2007 Country Coach Affinity, anaheim CA - - RVtrader.com
Thanks for the link....nice 50" 3D flat screen in that rig. That is the type of layout we will be looking for this same time next year with a few tweaks...stacking washer and dryer instead of Splendide, sofa in front of TV (resigned to the fact I will have to do this post purchase) etc. The price is right in our range as well.

Ex-Navy/retired Coast Guard CWO w/ 34 Years Total Service. Goal: 2016 - Sell our house and begin full-timing. January 2019 - Retire for good from my job and hit the road.
LJSteinmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSteinmetz View Post
Thanks for the link....nice 50" 3D flat screen in that rig. That is the type of layout we will be looking for this same time next year with a few tweaks...stacking washer and dryer instead of Splendide, sofa in front of TV (resigned to the fact I will have to do this post purchase) etc. The price is right in our range as well.
Larry - You may have noticed what a friendly family CC owners are. I want to prove this to you even more.

It is very important that you have your rig new (even used but new to you) shook out very well before heading out into the FT adventure/chapter of life!

So, just for you, I offer my services for free - to road/life living test your upcoming new rig until you are fully retired. No, please, don't thank me. It's just what our CC community does for each other.

Now, though my services are free. I will need to have a credit card to cover some basic living expenses. Nothing too fancy, you know, items like: Fuel, RV Parks, Silver Oak, food, scotch - you get it, the bare minimum to survive.

Just go ahead and pick up that rig at anytime, and we can arrange flight schedule to pick this up for you.

You understand the value this is, and for today only - I'll toss my wife into the mix for free too... She can really test the liveability of the kitchen for you.

Yes, we're a friendly group!!

Larry - All kidding aside. I like your approach to shopping, and encourage you to get out and kick many tires, sit in many coaches. Go drive many of the higher end coaches, even some that are not Country Coach. Foretravels, Monaco Executive, Newmar Signature, Wanderlodges, Newell. Heck even look over the Prevost line of coaches. (I was surprised at many owners of multi slide coaches, moving up to non slide highend Prevost lines. To them, for two people, the 40-45' space in non slide was very liveable, and got them into a much higher quality of rig then they had first anticipated.)

Good luck with your spread sheet analysis!!

Smitty
Old 09-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
Larry - You may have noticed what a friendly family CC owners are. I want to prove this to you even more.

It is very important that you have your rig new (even used but new to you) shook out very well before heading out into the FT adventure/chapter of life!

So, just for you, I offer my services for free - to road/life living test your upcoming new rig until you are fully retired. No, please, don't thank me. It's just what our CC community does for each other.

Now, though my services are free. I will need to have a credit card to cover some basic living expenses. Nothing too fancy, you know, items like: Fuel, RV Parks, Silver Oak, food, scotch - you get it, the bare minimum to survive.

Just go ahead and pick up that rig at anytime, and we can arrange flight schedule to pick this up for you.

You understand the value this is, and for today only - I'll toss my wife into the mix for free too... She can really test the liveability of the kitchen for you.

Yes, we're a friendly group!!

Larry - All kidding aside. I like your approach to shopping, and encourage you to get out and kick many tires, sit in many coaches. Go drive many of the higher end coaches, even some that are not Country Coach. Foretravels, Monaco Executive, Newmar Signature, Wanderlodges, Newell. Heck even look over the Prevost line of coaches. (I was surprised at many owners of multi slide coaches, moving up to non slide highend Prevost lines. To them, for two people, the 40-45' space in non slide was very liveable, and got them into a much higher quality of rig then they had first anticipated.)

Good luck with your spread sheet analysis!!

Smitty
I am Harlen “Jalapeño” Jimenez-Smith and I am the Funds Forwarding & Remittance Director of Shorthorn Savings and Trust-Us Loan Co. of East Texas. This is a very confidential proposition for you only. Please do not tell other peoples of this once-in-a-lifetime, for you only, opportunity surely to make you the envy of everyone that has not received this incredible notice.

On September 1, 2014, Mr. L. Steinmetz authorized the release of many funds to a Mr. Smitty for the direct purchase of a Country Coach. This Country Coach is to be owned solely by Mr. L. Steinmetz but is to be used at the privilege and pleasure of Mr. Smitty. The use of said Country Coach, said Mr. L. Steinmetz, shall be for as long as Mr. L. Steinmetz deems necessary but not to be any less than that found to be acceptable to the soon-to-be-very-envied Mr. Smitty.

This great trust and opportunity is bestowed upon Mr. Smitty due to very old papers recently coming into my possession showing that the very honorable Mr. Smitty has great trust and knows opportunity. A sum of an enormous amount is to be deposited into Mr. Smitty’s savings account for this transaction.

Unfortunately, as I used to have the most advantageous acquaintance of someone that domiciled next door to a person who once read a blog about the NSA, that person’s cousin was unable to provide to me the necessary transfer wire particulars necessary to make you the envy of all other peoples. Please remit to the enclosed address all key bank information so that I may make you the envy of so many others. Further to the much necessary bank information required to process this opportunity, please include with your remittance a sum of $5000.00 in unmarked $20 bills. This is to ensure the most proper and lawful protection of this transaction and to guarantee that you are indeed the envy of Hang Hog or wherever else your travels in this great Country Coach may take you.

I implore upon you to not delay as this opportunity expires prior to me having to change my name and mailing address. Do not worry; this is something that all Funds Forwarding & Remittance Directors must do to protect the identities of peoples like you Mr. Smitty.

I await your remittance and I am truly envious.

Ex-Navy/retired Coast Guard CWO w/ 34 Years Total Service. Goal: 2016 - Sell our house and begin full-timing. January 2019 - Retire for good from my job and hit the road.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:53 PM   #47

Larry - You have the soul of a long time RV'er. Regardless of what coach you end up with, you fit well with the CC clan - so please keep active with us.

I especially enjoyed your choice of business name 'Shorthorn Savings and Trust-Us Loan Co. of East Texas' - when I hit the 'Trust-Us' is did spit a bit of beverage out of my mouth as I could not swallow in time before the laugh came out!!!

Thanks for your years of service in the services!
Best,
Smitty
Old 09-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #48

Quote:
Larry - You have the soul of a long time RV'er. Regardless of what coach you end up with, you fit well with the CC clan - so please keep active with us.

I especially enjoyed your choice of business name 'Shorthorn Savings and Trust-Us Loan Co. of East Texas' - when I hit the 'Trust-Us' is did spit a bit of beverage out of my mouth as I could not swallow in time before the laugh came out!!!

Best,
Smitty
In the practice of law I always wanted to say to a client -- with a straight face mind you -- "I'm going to make sure I get everything you've got coming...trust me, I'm a lawyer."
Old 09-02-2014, 12:47 AM   #49

Country Coach Owners Club
"This is something else I would be interested in locating online...a picture of a CC frame while being constructed so that I can get a better understanding of the type of chassis/framing it has."

Here's your wish...and this blog has a lot of information on the 2009 Magna's extensive use! One of the few CC's that's been used/driven extensively! This also has extensive information on the coach's build process (and this was just days beforer CC went bankrupt)
2009 Country Coach Magna
Old 09-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSJC View Post
"This is something else I would be interested in locating online...a picture of a CC frame while being constructed so that I can get a better understanding of the type of chassis/framing it has."

Here's your wish...and this blog has a lot of information on the 2009 Magna's extensive use! One of the few CC's that's been used/driven extensively! This also has extensive information on the coach's build process (and this was just days beforer CC went bankrupt)
2009 Country Coach Magna

Thanks for sharing this. What a nice looking coach, and the paint job is not bad at all... What engine is that, the ISM or ISX?

Smitty
Old 09-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #51

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this. What a nice looking coach, and the paint job is not bad at all... What engine is that, the ISM or ISX?

Smitty

Was showing this to my wife, so she could see how the cabinets are hung, and noted that it was a 650HP, so assume the ISX. Wife really liked the hidden TV!

Smitty
Old 09-02-2014, 11:45 PM   #52

It's a 650 ISX ~ no shortage of power there!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:11 AM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
It's a 650 ISX ~ no shortage of power there!
Mark, thanks for sharing that with us. It is a beautiful coach and a very unique paint job.

I can only imagine the anxiety of waiting so long for the coach to be built and going through a period where CC was shut down and doing no work.

Having no warranty coverage after their Chapter 11 was a blow I am sure. Just curious though..... did you have many issues with the coach after delivery or was it fairly trouble-free? I know there are folks that warn others to be cautious of used CC's built in the year or so immediately before their closure.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #54

Quote:

2009 Country Coach Magna
Wow...great link. That coach has GOT to be the envy of a whole bunch of Duck's fans!

Old 09-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #55

Quote:

Best,
Smitty
Thanks Smitty...it was fun taking a few minutes to write a little bit of nonsense just because. I used to do this more often but for whatever reason the mood doesn't strike me as often as it used to. Work...life...serious stuff. Definitely looking forward to retiring and hitting the road so my wife and I can have a lot more leisure moments.