Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:20 AM   #15
I just went out to my coach after three months of storage, and batteries were still in good shape. Inverter showed that my house batteries were at 96%. All I did before storage was turned the disconnects to the off position, and then removed the negative cable on the house batteries only.

The Silverleaf and everything else was working good. The only thing that I noticed different was the volts gauge on the dash was moving up and down between 12 and 13 volts. It would sit at 12 for about 3 seconds then up to 13 for about 3 seconds. it did this cycle for about 2 minutes, then stopped at 13 and stayed there for the rest of the drive. Not sure if this is anything to be concerned with?

USAF Retired
2002 CC Intrigue 36'
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2016, 11:11 AM   #16
I had mentioned Solar Battery Tenders, and also should have pointed out positive feedback from users of the Power Tech products to.

12 Volt Solar Battery Chargers & Solar Panels by PulseTech

For between $178-220 you could get the charger only, or for the higher amount the pulse and charge combo. (I see no downside to the 'pulse', and many positive reviews from the boating community on both extending battery life and faster recharges. 'If' the faster recharge is accurate, then paying the small amount extra for the 'pulse' model charger, would maximize your chances of keeping the batteries charged on semi cloudy days.)

But as shared, if AGM, and the battery negative cable is removed, or a cutout switch, the drop is relatively small.

Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is online now   Reply With Quote

batteries, storage