Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:26 PM   #1

Drain Air tanks on CC Allure 430

Any help would be appreciated. Have purchased a used 2005 Country Coach Allure 430. According to the owners manual in the front of the coach on the drivers side a means to drain the air tanks. I have looked a number of times to no avail to find the means to drain the tanks. If anyone has the same unit and could provide pictures that would be great.

Bill

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOOVER770 View Post
Any help would be appreciated. Have purchased a used 2005 Country Coach Allure 430. According to the owners manual in the front of the coach on the drivers side a means to drain the air tanks. I have looked a number of times to no avail to find the means to drain the tanks. If anyone has the same unit and could provide pictures that would be great.

Bill
Hi Bill,

Not sure about the Allure ( I think they are all fairly similar) but on our coach you either need to climb under the front left corner of the coach and then look up. There should be three valves there that open with a quarter turn. The front valve bleeds the front air tank. The rear valve drains the rear air tank and the middle valve is connected to the input to both systems. This is a good place to connect an air source if you are in need of towing (the middle valve).

On ours you can open the generator slide and remove a fiberglass panel facing forward directly under the drivers seat and get easy access to the valves and also the horn relay.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:59 PM   #3

On our 2004 Intrigue there is only one in front. It is under against the firewall on the drivers side. Look in front of the tire and high up. It has a yellow handle, turn to empty. The other two are in the engine compartment - right side - low - with yellow handles. Open, drain till empty. It them takes a bit of time to get the tanks filled when you start the engine.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:26 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
2007 Allure 470 - I had difficulties finding the front tank drain valve - the drain showed to be in the drivers bay compartment on the drawings, but in reality it was located near the tank which is just behind the entry step on the passenger side - had to climb under the front passenger side to find the quarter turn valve.

I have wet tank, and primary tank drains in my middle compartment where the tanks are located, and I have two more drains in the engine compartment (total 5). One in the engine compartment is for the suspension system, the other is for the rear pneumatic brake tank.

Hope this helps,
Brian

Edit - pics attached. The drain valves have the yellow handles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05575.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	111787   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05576.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	111788  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05578.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	111789  
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:38 AM   #5

CC Allure air tank drains

Thanks for all your help. Yes I did see the panel on the drivers side mentioned when I open the front nose to gain access to the generator. No I didn't look under the passenger side step. Will check both of these areas today and see if i can find the tank drains in the front. I do have two air valves in the engine bay. They are red in color, but sit about half way up above the chassis rail. I have opened them up a number of times and yes they do have air coming out but no fluid (water, oil) Seems to me if these would be drains that they would sit low on the frame or chassis.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:46 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
The air dryer removes most of the water, the wet tank holds the dried air, but I open the wet tank valve every day when travelling to see if any water comes out; I have not had any water which I attribute to my dryer working properly.

My wet tank valve is in the middle of my coach.

Brian

BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank