Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:45 AM   #1

Dripping LR AC

Hello Country Coachers I have water Dripping from my LR AC around the cold air exhaust area that even drips when turned off and running the BR AC. I have ensured that the drain hoses are cleared. I even disconnect the LR drain hose and let it drain in a bucket inside the LR and still get the Dripping. I have disassembled the top and saw nothing obvious. The real puzzle now, is why it wants to drip while turned off and running only the BR AC? Anyone familiar with this issue? TIA.
Larry, 03 Allure 30856

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have you cleaned the intake filters and evaporator coils?

Were are the water drains... Carrier Air V they are in the rear
Advent Air.. Driver's side

Try raising the other side/end of the coach just a bit.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:42 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Had same issue with BR AC. Kevin Waite told me to take the drain hose loose in the AC unit (from inside the coach) and blow it out with air. I did and a glob of goo (looked like a dead insect) came out of the drain hose at rear of coach. Worked for me.

I believe our Coleman AC units have a little sump pump that moves the water out the drain. I've never had one apart but I have read where others have had to remove the AC cover and clear out that area.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Had same issue with BR AC. Kevin Waite told me to take the drain hose loose in the AC unit (from inside the coach) and blow it out with air. I did and a glob of goo (looked like a dead insect) came out of the drain hose at rear of coach. Worked for me.

I believe our Coleman AC units have a little sump pump that moves the water out the drain. I've never had one apart but I have read where others have had to remove the AC cover and clear out that area.
This would be my first step too. I also do a yearly 're-snug' of the four bolts holding the AC onto the roof. Also accessible from inside of the coach. Vibration can cause some loosening. I was told to not over crank them, as too tight can be as bad as a bit loose!

I've heard on other coaches that have drain pan hoses, that the pans themselves can sometimes crack. Never heard of this on a CC, but does not mean it is not a possibility. So if the clearing of the drain hose does not get you dry, then that would be worth checking too.

Best of luck to you on this!
Smitty
Old 03-25-2015, 06:36 PM   #5

Just had the same repair done to our front AC,

they cleaned the intake filters and evaporator coils, no water after running for 1.5 hrs..